JSGME: Mix & Match Mods Without Keeping Backups Manually

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: JSGME: Mix & Match Mods Without Keeping Backups Manually

Postby Bassman58 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:26 am

johnwest1985, UBR takes a long time for me also, it's a huge mod. About 4 minutes. All depends on your PC specs. Just wait for the program to finish even when you get the "not responding" message.
Bassman58

Postby johnwest1985 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:35 am

ahaaa ok !! i closed the program after a while and now i have a small problem... some files ended up loading even without the mod activated... i for example see the ubr loading screen but the mod isnt activated... anyway to solve this ?? thanks for help !
johnwest1985

Postby Bassman58 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:33 am

Yes there is a way to fix it. You need a renaming utility program first. I use Bulk Rename Utility. http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

JSGME saves backups of your original files that it replaces. In the MODS folder there is !BACKUP folder. Each file has an added extension with the name of the mod you enabled added. EX) crowd.iff.UBR mod where 'crowd.iff' is the original file name and 'UBR mod' is the added extension. You need to remove the added extension. I would make a temporary copy of the !BACKUP folder and work on that. Using a renaming program remove the added extension. Bulk Rename Utility allows you to remove characters. You need to remove the "last n" characters. I don't know which options you need (trim, chars) or maybe the extensions sections is better. I think it can remove a certain number of characters. Try this on a temporary folder so you don't mess up. You have to read the help section if needed. You do have to option of doing this manually for more than 4,500 files. :crazyeyes:

If JGSME says the mod is installed, disabling may fix the problem. Check the number of files in the UBR mod folder and the !BACKUP folder. If they match the mod installed correctly. If not use the renaming method. Do not try to enable the mod again until you have all the files reverted back to normal. Otherwise you can screw up the default files by mixing them with UBR files.
Bassman58

Postby markdeez33 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:47 pm

So I can use the College Hoops Mod along with the UBR mod by using this tool?
markdeez33

Postby Bassman58 on Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:05 am

You probably want to enable one mod at a time if you are using UBR and College mods. If you enable UBR first and then enable some jerseys or courts that UBR enabled JSGME will notify you that the files were already enabled. Unless both mods use the same files you may end up with incorrect CFs or jerseys.
Bassman58

Postby Culture Games on Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:42 am

I still use my mods in separate folders. Call me a traditionalist. :P
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Previous

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding