[Tool] RED Modding Center (Current v. 5.0)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] RED Modding Center (Current v. 5.0)

Postby Parabola on Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:03 am

TGsoGood, thanks for the reply! Yes, will keep that in mind. I also find out just moments ago that saving to another empty slot in game as an alternate solution lol.

Btw, is there a limit on how many teams we can add? I'm using the default roster, let's say I wanna add up 10 more teams outside of create-a-team, is it possible without crashes/bugs/glitches?

I really wanna play association with more classic teams that's why I need more slots
Parabola

Postby Bassman58 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:01 am

XXXtentacool, You can make changes to the roster in RedMC and reload the roster in-game. Changing accessories is OK. If you add any graphics files while you are modding you need to exit the game and re-start it. As TGsoGood said make backups. I use a revison number as I edit. ex MyRoster v2 the MyRoster v3. Frequently check your changes so you can go backwards if necessary. When done rename your roster to what you want it saved as. Take baby steps when editing.

You can add more teams, players, jerseys, etc. up to a point. The lower right corner has a count of the bytes (or kbytes ?) used. Make sure every player has a unique ASA ID. Look at a roster for the UBR or URB. These rosters have many new teams added. As far as I can remember there are a few tabs that you can remove many of the entries to free up storage space. The ROS file has a finite storage limit. Compare the 2K default roster to one of these modded rosters to see which tabs can have lines deleted. It also depends on what you need. CAP_templates and MP_templates can have lines edited if you don't use these anymore. I have been able to add 20 new teams so far without a problem.
Bassman58

Postby Parabola on Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:12 am

Thanks for the detailed response, Bassman58! Reason why I'm asking is because my game crashes on various saves.

At one save, I use Mackubex' latest roster save (the one that can be used in assoc) and added 1 Lakers team. After that it will crash when I enter Assoc mode, his save have 4 (or 5) Retirees team at default, and have all the Euro and Classic teams enabled.

The other one is I'm trying to edit one of the UBR Save, and noticed the classic teams were hidden, and that they have different players on the roster. So I restored the 98 Lakers team, and the Bulls, and assigned the original players to them, also added Nick Van Exel and Rick Fox to LAL. However, when I try to play as the classic teams, the game would crash whenever I make an on-screen substitution, especially when switching to the bench while a player is shooting FT. Which is...kinda weird to me lol, I don't get it, I have the classic team parameters set to the default, made sure their players had different ASA ID, but still it persists haha
Parabola

Postby Bassman58 on Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:01 am

I don't know how well Mackubex's roster will work with UBR. They may have files that get overwritten depending on which mod was installed last. You can install each mod in its own folder or you can use JSGME. I use JSGME so I can isolate which file(s) is causing the crash. Since mods may not play well with others, the mod makers will highly suggest you install their mod separately. My suggestion is to use JSGME. Enable one mod at a time and make sure it's working then try adding the 98 Lakers. This should be no problem for Mackubex's roster or UBR v44 assoc roster. If you have both mods in the same folder it could cause problems.

When I added teams I used Ttype=22. Here is the partial entry up to Plnum for the Globetrotters.

Globetrotters Harlem Harlem HAR trotters 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 22 0 8 19 logo700 800 DE0000 1046A8 65535 0 65535 85 -1 -1 -1 -1 5956318 1.00 1.00 8.500 15

Double check that the player IDs are correct in the team tab. Does the Mackubex roster work in exhibition mode? If it does the problem may be with the All Star teams. The difference between exhibition and assoc rosters was with the All Star teams. I don't remember the exact issue. The UBR save may have something to do with the CFs. HD CFs can cause crashes. I think Hawk23 removed all HD CFs if I remember correctly. I can't remember the last time I forgot something.
Bassman58

Postby Devilish on Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:48 pm

Bassman58 wrote:XXXtentacool, You can make changes to the roster in RedMC and reload the roster in-game. Changing accessories is OK. If you add any graphics files while you are modding you need to exit the game and re-start it. As TGsoGood said make backups. I use a revison number as I edit. ex MyRoster v2 the MyRoster v3. Frequently check your changes so you can go backwards if necessary. When done rename your roster to what you want it saved as. Take baby steps when editing.

You can add more teams, players, jerseys, etc. up to a point. The lower right corner has a count of the bytes (or kbytes ?) used. Make sure every player has a unique ASA ID. Look at a roster for the UBR or URB. These rosters have many new teams added. As far as I can remember there are a few tabs that you can remove many of the entries to free up storage space. The ROS file has a finite storage limit. Compare the 2K default roster to one of these modded rosters to see which tabs can have lines deleted. It also depends on what you need. CAP_templates and MP_templates can have lines edited if you don't use these anymore. I have been able to add 20 new teams so far without a problem.

Im having a bit of an issue trying to do this with my Gleague mod,ASA_ID are the there and no duplicates but when i simulate there is some players missing names and when i go check in REDMC there isnt any other ASA_ID number for the player. has anyone else ran into a such of a problem?
~~~~~People down here need ice water..For more of my mods and junk visit here...! ~~~~~~
(Y) https://www.facebook.com/ICanModByDevilishNLSC/ (Y)
Devilish

Postby Bassman58 on Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:10 am

Devlish, I'm not sure where you are getting a problem. Are the players missing from the roster? Are the players there but without a name?

I'll give some tips that may help you and other RedMC users. These are from my experience. Only Vl@d knows for sure. You may already know this.

The ID in the players tab is a sequential list of all players. For the default 2K roster there are 1664 entries. This ID is used in the teams tab to assign a player to a team. Player A can have an ID of 123. You can assign him as the starting PG for the Bulls. Enter 123 in the Ros_PG box. Do this for the other starters. Do this for the bench. Add up to 16 bench slots. If you use slots 17-20 the roster may crash. When you re-order your roster the game will change these slots. In a league of 30 teams you should never have a duplicate ID. Can't have LeBron on two teams. (you can if you duplicate the whole row and LeBron #2 has another ID. So you can have a roster with all LeBrons :shock: ) Not having a player listed in the teams tab will cause him to be missing from the roster.

ASA_ID. Don't know what this is for. Don't know what "ASA" means. You can't have duplicate ASA_IDs or the roster may crash. The ASA_ID does not have the correspond to the player ID. So player A can have an ID of 123 but the ASA_ID is 425. ASA_IDs must be unique. You can change the ASA_IDs of all players if you really want to. This will ensure unique numbers for every player. Use MS Excel, FreeOffice, OpenOffice or LibreOffice spreadsheets and create a row of numbers from 1 to 1664 (or whatever the last number is), copy this list and paste it to RedMC. Google docs may also work. ASA_IDs are 5 to 3496 in the default 2K roster.

Missing players can be checked easily in RedMC. In the players tab sort the TeamID1 tab. Just click on the TeamID1 box to sort up or down. For example the Bulls are team ID =3. They have 13 players (PlNum). After sorting you should have 13 players with 3 listed as the TeamID1. Also check that IsFA = 0. IsFA = 1 then the player is a free agent.

If this did not help, please provide more information so someone can possibly help. I have been looking forward to the G-League mod.
Bassman58

Postby Devilish on Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:43 am

"ASA_IDs are 5 to 3496 in the default 2K roster."
Maybe this is the issue,the ASA_ID number is for the stats and headlines during association mode the problem i have is my ASA_ID numbers start around 5000 and so on,So maybe if i only use the values 5-3496 for my players this will stop acting up when simulating.What happens is when simulating the player will have a name show up in the headline saying he had 25 pts but no name of the player was there here is a screenshot but the weird thing is the numbers are different and arent duplicated and it still does it and i cant figure why but you just stated that the default values so i'll try that next Image Image
It sometimes also will have the players name then dont the next week or month
~~~~~People down here need ice water..For more of my mods and junk visit here...! ~~~~~~
Devilish

Postby Bassman58 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:20 am

I see what you are talking about. I have seen this in an assoc that I am running. Weird thing is some names show and some don't. You have to compare DeCosey to the player who scored 10 for the Stars. There has to be a difference. The roster file is just a database and will only do what the data will allow it to do.
Bassman58

Postby Devilish on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:06 am

Bassman58 wrote:I see what you are talking about. I have seen this in an assoc that I am running. Weird thing is some names show and some don't. You have to compare DeCosey to the player who scored 10 for the Stars. There has to be a difference. The roster file is just a database and will only do what the data will allow it to do.
I've been all over the place in this thing,but i'll try that this was a collab roster i done with someone and im not sure if that might be another issue causing it i'll look into it i guess i could try redoing the roster from scratch but i've also tried that and had the same thing happen lol.Now im too the point where im just checking random things haha :?
Devilish

Postby Devilish on Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:17 am

I figured out what this problem is,Apparently if you have blank nickname spaces this can sometimes happen along with duplicated ASA_ID numbers all the numbers where fine but my nickname spaces were blank,And i noticed the headline saying some nicknames once i filled those nicknames spaces in with either last name or first names then this headline bug stopped for me hope this helps someone in the future,It took me days to figure out why this kept doing this :crazyeyes:
Devilish

Postby Mackubex on Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:33 am

Devilish wrote:I figured out what this problem is,Apparently if you have blank nickname spaces this can sometimes happen along with duplicated ASA_ID numbers all the numbers where fine but my nickname spaces were blank,And i noticed the headline saying some nicknames once i filled those nicknames spaces in with either last name or first names then this headline bug stopped for me hope this helps someone in the future,It took me days to figure out why this kept doing this :crazyeyes:

From my experience editing my roster, there are some ASA_IDs you can't use for Regular players. There are ASA_IDs assigned for Create-A-Player (Slot Type '1') slots & ASA_IDs assigned for Create-A-Team Player (Slot Type '2') slots. That's why those "*****************" (asterisks) names show up on association mode is because those are from the CAP slots. Just try checking the default 2k14 roster for the ASA_IDs of those CAP slots, so you can avoid assigning those to regular players. I've already fixed that issue on my roster so I hope I can help you with this one.
Mackubex
Creator of the 2014-2024 Ultimate NBA 2K14 Draft Class | XX & MX Rosters | 2K14 Player Callnames Update

Postby Bassman58 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:09 am

Mackubex, I will check this out in the near future. I just accepted the missing names in the league recaps screen. This forum helps all of us keep learning new tricks unlike the "old dog". :)
Bassman58

Postby Devilish on Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:28 am

Mackubex wrote:
Devilish wrote:I figured out what this problem is,Apparently if you have blank nickname spaces this can sometimes happen along with duplicated ASA_ID numbers all the numbers where fine but my nickname spaces were blank,And i noticed the headline saying some nicknames once i filled those nicknames spaces in with either last name or first names then this headline bug stopped for me hope this helps someone in the future,It took me days to figure out why this kept doing this :crazyeyes:

From my experience editing my roster, there are some ASA_IDs you can't use for Regular players. There are ASA_IDs assigned for Create-A-Player (Slot Type '1') slots & ASA_IDs assigned for Create-A-Team Player (Slot Type '2') slots. That's why those "*****************" (asterisks) names show up on association mode is because those are from the CAP slots. Just try checking the default 2k14 roster for the ASA_IDs of those CAP slots, so you can avoid assigning those to regular players. I've already fixed that issue on my roster so I hope I can help you with this one.

Thanks when i asked you in PM that help me to figure out the issue the headlines working now and yea those issues happen with the CAP slots in headlines as well,Now only thing left to try and fix is the my career mode but everyone keeps telling me its near impossible but isnt it working in your roster also?
Devilish

Postby Mackubex on Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:33 pm

Devilish wrote:
Mackubex wrote:

Thanks when i asked you in PM that help me to figure out the issue the headlines working now and yea those issues happen with the CAP slots in headlines as well,Now only thing left to try and fix is the my career mode but everyone keeps telling me its near impossible but isnt it working in your roster also?

I don't even play MyCareer anymore and I know MC is near impossible to fix since those bugs are on the main game itself but there are still some users who uses my roster and are able to play through over 3 seasons on MyCareer. There was that MyCareer Tip guide that I've included on my roster pack that those users are able to make and some also reported that simply removing the mycareer save file before playing the game that crashes can bypass those few bugs.
Mackubex
Creator of the 2014-2024 Ultimate NBA 2K14 Draft Class | XX & MX Rosters | 2K14 Player Callnames Update

Postby Devilish on Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:05 pm

(Y) Cool i'll try messing around with it then thanks appreciate it :D
Devilish

Postby Devilish on Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:55 pm

Hey i have a question i exported the English.iff and grabbed the text file now i have an issue i cant seem to find or search for the text i want to change by keyword or the hex values on the left side,So how do you guys find what headline text to change?
Nvm i got it i had the wrong file loaded in MC :mrgreen:
Devilish

Postby bangha on Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:10 am

Is it possible to prevent or undo a players retirement in Association mode?
bangha

Postby Devilish on Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:52 am

bangha wrote:Is it possible to prevent or undo a players retirement in Association mode?

I think in the players tab underneath contract it should say something there is a drop down somewhere there that says undecided,going to retire,etc
Devilish

Postby Culture Games on Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:59 am

I read someone saying you can edit Standings and Records during and association with REDMC, can someone tell me if this is true, and how?
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Caporegime on Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:13 pm

Is it possible to give your mycareer player the player initiator role? Cause I've tried it and it never works.
Caporegime

Postby TheGuy_18 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:23 am

I know I'm late to the party but thank you so much for doing this!! I've used Red MC for 2k13 for years now and would love to download this full version. But, the problem is every time I go to download it, my antivirus tells me that I have downloaded a trojan horse. And its not just my antivirus being picky. It tells me specifically which trojan it has detected. Could someone please direct me to the Official Link for your modding tool so that I can download it. Please help.

I'm using BitDefender. Downloading on Chrome. Can someone please either direct me to the link or PM me an official copy. Thanks!!
TheGuy_18

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:00 am

That is the official link. Most anti-virus software detects RED MC and flags it as malicious because of certain aspects of the program, but it's a false positive. It doesn't matter where you download it from, that's going to happen.

Basically, you need to override the warning in Chrome and set an exception in BitDefender.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TheGuy_18 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:55 am

I've got the exe file to download using firefox. I have disabled every security feature that I know how. Giving the exe file exceptions. When I go to install I get the following message:
Error opening file for writing:
c:/Editing Tools/ RED MC/ RED_MC.exe

Click Abort to stop the installation,
Retry to try again, or
Ignore to skip this file.
I'm bout to lose my mind lol. Please help!
Thanks
TheGuy_18

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:44 am

If it's the error I'm thinking of, you can skip and the installation will complete successfully.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TheGuy_18 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:11 am

Andrew wrote:If it's the error I'm thinking of, you can skip and the installation will complete successfully.

Yea. It gives me that option. But even after installing the program it doesn't open when I try to run it. (I'm running all this as administrator.)
TheGuy_18

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding