[Tool] RED Modding Center (Current v. 5.0)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] RED Modding Center (Current v. 5.0)

Postby TheGuy_18 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:18 am

The program downloads as : Red_MC.exe.manifest

Also getting: "invalid file handle 32" when attempting to install.
TheGuy_18

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:51 am

I believe that latter error is the one where you can skip and everything will be fine. At least, it has been for me.

I'm not sure what else to suggest. I do usually completely disable all active Avast shields when installing RED MC and also when I want to run it, while creating an exception so that it doesn't get picked up in regular scans. It sounds like you've already done that with BitDefender, though.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby TheGuy_18 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:01 pm

Alright so this is my final post. I got it to download. Opened the exe setup file archives using 7zip. It showed me all the files contained in this (the programs that would be installed after going through the installation process). I then copied over all the files to my desktop and placed them in a folder. My antivirus detected Red MC as a virus. However, I was able to restore it. And finally it appeared with the Red MC logo and it allowed me to open it. *IF NONE OF THIS HAS MADE SENSE UP TO THIS POINT, IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER* .... *HERE IS THE IMPORTANT PART*
I opened up and ran the Red MC with administrative privileges. It opened briefly BUT then windows file explorer began to open up non stop. I mean not just a few times. It began to open up and fill up the computer screen. My antivirus caught on to something but it would not stop. Luckily, I was able to reboot my computer in "Rescue Mode" but I have no idea whats going on.

So basically, I'm sitting here now waiting for my computer to be scanned in Rescue Mode (basically safe mode but I'm using BitDefender). Look, I've downloaded programs in the past that have had security issues, but I have never experienced anything like this. I gave this program and the exe setup file all kinds of exceptions in my antivirus software and now I'm wondering if I screwed up big time. What is up with this file?? I really wanted to download this. I've used Red MC for years. But I've tried every troubleshooting solution I know. And then when I finally thought I could use the program, my computer acts just like it has some sort of virus and/or trojan horse installed on it opening tabs nonstop. (Guess I should have listened to my antivirus software after all.) Anyway, for now downloading Red MC is a big NO go for me. In summary: downloading this program has been the biggest headache in attempting to download any program in the history of all programs ever downloaded. Hope my computer still works.

Happy Fourth!
TheGuy_18

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:03 pm

Yikes. I've never experienced anything like that with RED MC, including the latest version. That's really weird.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Bassman58 on Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:47 am

I have had RedMC open up hundreds of windows myself on a few occasions. I was able to reboot without any problems. The program ran fine after that. I know Bitdefender is a very good AV program but it is often too strict and it is not a program for the fainthearted. I would not recommend it for newbies or those who are not willing or able to learn how to use it.
Bassman58

Postby TheGuy_18 on Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:04 am

So after seeing that Bassman58 had the same issue before (100s of windows popping up) I decided to try again from scratch. Re downloaded the file. Opened the exesetup using 7zip and then extracted them into a folder on the hard drive. Ran Red MC. BitDefender detected as a virus. Restored it and gave permissions to run. Ran again. BitDefender indicates that it successfully blocked an infected file. Window explorer pops up nonstop like last time. And I use task manager to restart computer.

So this is the message bitdefender gives me. But unlike the actual Red MC.exe that I could restore and give permission to run, this file I believe is just straight up deleted.
The file C:\Users\User\Desktop\RED MC\setup_RED_MC_v.5.0.0.0\R.tti is infected with Trojan.GenericKD.31755598.The threat has been successfully blocked, your device is safe.
Learn more

I did a little research to see what a tti file is. And all the results tell me its a Beast Trojan file. So it is a file designed to give someone remote access of your computer. Based off this I got two questions, first off what in the world is the purpose of a file like this being put into this program? And second if I get brave enough to try this all over again, does anyone know how I intentionally give a file like this permission to run?

Like I said before, I realize this file is detected as an untrusted source by all antivirus programs. But come on it gets kinda scary when the antivirus is telling you "hey you about put this specific trojan on your computer... don't do that... unless you want a trojan installed on your computer... which probably wouldn't be the brightest decision..."

I know there is probably only one person that could answer the purpose of this file being in the program. I also know hes moved on to other things. So who knows if I'll ever figure this out.
TheGuy_18

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:15 pm

Two parts of RED MC that can be problematic/flagged by A/V software are the way it checks your system's hardware (a leftover from when the tool was paid and keys were generated specifically for your system), and the call back to Vlad's site for ordering and licenses (which causes some issues earlier this year when his sent went down, and RED MC/REDitor II subsequently had issues). I'm guessing one or both functions are being flagged here, because such systems could be and have been used for nefarious purposes by other people.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Bassman58 on Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:40 am

Many anti virus programs have a way you can send them the offending file and they can analyze the file. They can then make changes to their program so this file is not flagged as being infected. At least they should recommend how to fix the issue on your end. TheGuy_18 may need to contact Bitdefenders support or go to their forums. RedMC is a safe program. Hundreds of users can attest to this. It is unfortunate that Bitdefender does it job very well.
Bassman58

Postby TheGuy_18 on Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:09 am

So basically to make a long story short, I had to extract the files from the exesetup and bypass the installation and I'm just completely disabling my antivirus when I run the actual program. Seems to be working now. I still get the occasional 100 window popup which is sketchy but it doesn't seem to do any actual harm. Thanks Andrew and Bassman58 for all the help. Glad I can finally use this awesome program.
TheGuy_18

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:22 pm

Good to hear, glad we could be of assistance! I've been lucky so far regarding the pop-ups, hasn't happened to me yet.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Bassman58 on Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:52 am

Glad I could help. This info may help others. It only took 3 days a few PMs, emails and more that a dozen posts. :lol:
Bassman58

Postby fumanchu on Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:58 pm

Maybe someone knows or experienced what I'm experiencing right now. I am trying to upgrade my license to be able to edit audio for player callnames. However, when I click on Order through redmc, it's telling me that I don't have internet at first. i get rid of that coz i do have internet. Then it gives me an error that it's unable to open window modal something like that.

Any help is appreciated. thanks!
:twisted:
fumanchu
D' Energizer

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:26 pm

The current version of the tool is completely free with all functionality unlocked. Download and install it, and you'll be right to go.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby fumanchu on Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:58 am

Andrew wrote:The current version of the tool is completely free with all functionality unlocked. Download and install it, and you'll be right to go.

Didn't even notice that. Thanks Andrew!
:twisted:
fumanchu
D' Energizer

Postby Belicho99 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:05 am

hello anyone knows how to use RED MC v.5; to edit game jerseys?
please please
Belicho99

Postby Bassman58 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:42 am

RedMC is a roster editor. You can add or modify jersey information. RedMC will allow you to extract/insert DDS files in to the IFF files. If you want to modify the graphics you need to use a graphic program such as Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, GIMP or paint.net. See the tutorial section. JaoSming made tutorials for RedMC and GIMP.
Bassman58

Postby bangha on Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:32 am

Bassman58 wrote:RedMC is a roster editor. You can add or modify jersey information. RedMC will allow you to extract/insert DDS files in to the IFF files. If you want to modify the graphics you need to use a graphic program such as Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, GIMP or paint.net. See the tutorial section. JaoSming made tutorials for RedMC and GIMP.

How can I move or make accessible the logo/jerseys/arena of a team from one roster file to another?

Basically I want to replace the dead Charlotte Bobcats franchise in a 90's URB roster with the Oklahoma City Thunder
bangha

Postby Bassman58 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:03 am

First you need the graphics files. The uniforms, floor, stadium, logos, etc. If you are modding a URB roster you can use the appropriate file names already in your folder. You can copy a line from one roster to another. Click on any cell for the team. Hold CTRL. Click on the ID (first column). The line will be highlighted. Use CTRL+C and CTRL+V or the mouse right click menu to copy and paste to the new roster. You will need to do this for the team, arenas, jerseys, staff and possibly players tabs. Rule 1" Make a backup before doing anything. Rule 2: see rule 1. Rule 3: edit in small steps. Do one tab at a time then test in-game.
Bassman58

Postby bangha on Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:04 am

Bassman58 wrote:First you need the graphics files. The uniforms, floor, stadium, logos, etc. If you are modding a URB roster you can use the appropriate file names already in your folder. You can copy a line from one roster to another. Click on any cell for the team. Hold CTRL. Click on the ID (first column). The line will be highlighted. Use CTRL+C and CTRL+V or the mouse right click menu to copy and paste to the new roster. You will need to do this for the team, arenas, jerseys, staff and possibly players tabs. Rule 1" Make a backup before doing anything. Rule 2: see rule 1. Rule 3: edit in small steps. Do one tab at a time then test in-game.

I was able to figure most of it out, the only issue that seems left is the crowd jerseys are still from the old franchise, do you know where this value is assigned?

Also, is it possible to change division names for association mode?

Thanks for the help
bangha

Postby Bassman58 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:51 am

As far as I know the team files is assigned by using the GID. Boston would be team_005.iff. It is possible that the file needs to be edited. Open the team files with the old version of the 3DM tool. ver 4.43.0

I think the division names can be modified by editing the english.iff file. Maybe :?: . Make a post or contact Mackubex. He has an edited english.iff .
Bassman58

Postby truefaith0826 on Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:46 pm

Tried to edit season game highs of a player, is there a way to increase the max? It is kinda low. :?

truefaith0826

Re: [Tool] RED Modding Center (Current v. 3.0)

Postby Kccitystar on Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:49 pm

Vl@d Zola Jr. wrote:
Attempted to load up "lightmap_environment", which is a texture file, in an MLB2K12 global.iff that was untouched and was greeted with this message:

MLB2K12 is not guaranteed to work correctly, but i'll take a look on the issue a bit later.

Oh gosh, I haven't checked this thread in so long that I missed this response :(
Kccitystar

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:53 pm

Is it possible to copy a player (a row, right?) from a roster (in my case, a 2001 mod) into another (a College Hoops mod)?

Do I need the full version for that or will the free version do the trick?
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:34 pm

The free version is fully functional now.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:16 pm

Oh that's wonderful news! So it's that possible? What do I need to do? :D
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding