Myplayer rookie season - f***ing infuriating

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

Myplayer rookie season - f***ing infuriating

Postby JWL3 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:44 am

Is it even possible to win a championship in the first year? This is my second go around so my player is already a 93 rated 7'2" center dominating. My absolutely worthless Suns teammates just tanked my entire series with the Warriors. Marcus freaking Morris in GAME 7 - us down 2 with 30 seconds left, decides to take a challenged 3 pt shot with 20 seconds left on the shotclock, bricking it and ending our season. He didn't even wait for me to come down the court. What the effing eff? He did the exact same thing in Game 3, also costing us the game. If I could murder Marcus Morris in virtual life, I would. Signed with a fully stacked team the year after (Spurs) because I'm sick of playing with scrubs.

Do they intentionally script season 1 as a loss?
JWL3

Re: Myplayer rookie season - f***ing infuriating

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:44 am

I don't think that part is scripted. Probably just a case of it being a team that isn't a contender.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JWL3 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:54 pm

I thought so too. But the year after, I'm using the Spurs and getting destroyed by either GS or OKC. And it has nothing to do with my output as a center. My alleged top notch defenders are leaving Durant and Westbrook 10 feet of space at all times to shoot. I don't understand it. After 5 or 6 3's in a row (all star level), I start watching every instant replay and every shot is wide open. Not even after a play or a fancy drive move. Just standing there, my guys are leaving them 10 feet of space. Meanwhile, on my end, I've noticed that they don't call absolute diddly squat. I get WWE taken down every single shot and not a single foul call.

How can anyone win like this? They're draining 3's while I'm getting hacked on guaranteed lay ins, missing the shots, and not getting calls.
JWL3

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:34 pm

I'm guessing shortcomings in the AI, rather than being specifically designed to lose. Not that it makes it any less frustrating, I suppose.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JWL3 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:42 pm

I just discovered why I'm losing. Take a look:

Here's like the 10th play where OKC got a wide open jump shot. Look how far Mills is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wt7nz9vbaawen ... p?dl=0/img]

Immediate play after, same exact thing. Play starts like this. Mills already 10 ft away:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m07iujv883oib ... 3.bmp?dl=0[/img]

He actually moves INTO THE PAINT!!! Despite no one driving in and each of us having our man. Leaving OKC with 25 ft of airspace.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/41226wa852kbf ... 7.bmp?dl=0[/img]

Hmmm, guard Durant at the 3? Or charge at the crappy PG?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aireh9r16ac69 ... 0.bmp?dl=0[/img]

Look how much space Kawhi is giving this guy. Bottoms.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5uva2h1ibif8k ... 0.bmp?dl=0[/img]

As soon as the PG drives, TP retreats into the paint, leaving Westbrook with 10 ft of space.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctunlnavk2sqx ... 1.bmp?dl=0[/img]

This happens on almost every play. I was wondering why GS and OKC was killing me. Is something defective with my copy of the game? No bball game in 20 years has been this bad on defense.
Last edited by JWL3 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
JWL3

Postby JWL3 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:48 pm

How do I insert pics on this forum and have them show up?
JWL3

Postby JWL3 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:29 pm

I am officially done with 2k15. Despite the ridiculous amount of 20 ft open shots my team is giving them, I had a chance to close to within 1. Until Steven Adams did a DDT take down of my guy going in for a layup. Just as the last 6 times it's happened, no call. Game over.

Listen, I don't mind losing, but I hate a screwjob. My guys are giving them 20 ft open shots. I'm working my ass off for shots. Even when I pass to an open guy, the idiot never shoots. I don't get calls. Their team actually runs plays once in awhile that get them open shots off picks. My team just stands there like lumps allowing the defense to catch up after I pass out of a double-team. It's too much stupidity to overcome.
JWL3

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:21 pm

JWL3 wrote:How do I insert pics on this forum and have them show up?

With the IMG tags, and a direct link to the image file.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby DANet on Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:06 am

JWL3 wrote:Do they intentionally script season 1 as a loss?

No. I was able to win a championship in my first season with the Sacramento Kings.

What is your team chemistry level right now? In my first season Sacramento's chemistry was very high and the team played really well. It was so much fun I signed with the Kings again in my second season. However, in my second season many of the role players changed with free agents and trades and Doc Rivers came in as coach. The team chemistry was terrible and the team played terrible...

Just my 2 cents...
DANet

Postby JWL3 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:24 pm

Teammate grade is about 75.

It still doesn't explain the terrible defense though. I can't believe it took me this long to notice it. A full year of playing 2k15. 500 hours almost. This isn't right - is this 2k's method of making games competitive when you play at All Star level? To minimize your teammates' defense on the other team so that they can score easier? I don't seem to recall the defense being this bad when you're playing season or exhibition. Just Myplayer.
JWL3

Postby JWL3 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:02 pm

I just rewatched two games I recorded using FRAPS. My perimeter defenders are all in no-man's land. They're not double teaming post players. They're not defending shooters. All it takes is a simple pass and a wide open shot, while the "defender" tries to half-heartedly challenge the shot from 10 feet away. And the 10 ft statement is not an exaggeration. I watched as my defender sat there 10 feet away and only closing out when his guy got the ball.

Also, I noticed as soon as ANYBODY on OKC even moved a muscle to drive (from 3 pt line), at least one of my teammates would converge on the paint. I mean, half a second into a drive, my guys closed into the paint, leaving 3 pt shooters even more space than the usual 10 ft. I wonder if this glitch is because I'm playing OKC? Did the programmers tune the game incorrectly with this team, making cpu defenders pack the paint on drives? But then shouldn't Durant and Westbrook's dude be on them like stink on sh*t, not giving them 10 feet of space at all times?
JWL3

Postby JWL3 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Since this is my official vent post:

I call shenanigans on the momentum bs. This game really is rigged. Makes it very difficult to close out an opponent. Get this: I have 4 chances at the free throw line to make a 2 pt lead into 6 with 15 seconds left. Brick, brick, brick, barely hit. Every single shot was smack dab in the middle (no green though). I'm a typical 85% free throw shooter and my FT rating is 81. I've forgotten my college statistics course, but I'll come back and figure out the probability of this bs.
JWL3

Return to NBA 2K15