Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.06)

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.04)

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:44 am

I played a couple of pro am games and it looks like they improved the pick and roll defense and contact in the paint when driving. The controls seem a bit more responsive in some areas as well. There are some new animations here and there, for instance when turning after receiving an inbound pass. Passing seems a bit quicker as far as the passer releasing the ball.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:44 pm

I think they needed a bit more than 25 face scans, but there's a ton of other changes... nice to see the new court available for us demo players... also they touched on the terrible rebounding mechanics (i've avoided hitting triangle and try to run over the ball when it hits the ground) so I might fire the game up and heck out the new stuff (Y)
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:06 pm

Rebounding does seem to feel a bit more responsive, and collisions in the paint seem to have more of an effect. It felt a bit harder to score inside, with more heavily contested layups with collisions missing, and it also felt I could shut down the CPU a bit more with physicality in the paint. Obviously, the animation quality is pretty much the same - that likely won't change too much until next year - but there are some subtle yet noticeable improvements, which is nice to see (and feel). Still need to spend time with it, but it seems the patch does indeed improve things.

The new content is nice too, particularly the face scans, but as noted in the Roster Feedback thread, the rosters themselves still need a lot of work.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:03 pm

Played this morning and gmeplay was noticeably better. Transition play seemed to flow better when going from defense to offense. My player is a "Shooter" with a 82 3PT rating so I've grown accustomed to hitting open 3s, regularly hitting "54%" on the meter and burying most of them. PDub can attest to my clutch 3 point shooting for the win in Live Run :lol:
It's a bit annoying that now post-patch I was seriously 1/6 or 1/7 on WIDE OPEN 3s with no one near me, with me getting like 42% at most on the meter or 30 something instead of 50 something if perfect or 40 something if i was off pre-patch. I understand making it harder to hit shots with a hand in the face, but c'mon open shots? That's just not fun to miss wide open 3s with a 80+ rated 3 point shooter.

However, One of my teammates had an issue were they got an error message and where technically in the game but the CPU was controlling them. Then on my last game it happened to me except my guy was AFK and luckily my team was on game point so I waited until we scored and won. I had never seen these connection issues before.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:33 pm

Do you have the full game, yet? It could be an issue with the trial version players connected to full game players.

It sucks when part of improved defense is a nuked offense. I liked the casual aspects of pro am when it comes to open shots and accurate release timing resulting in the shot going in 9/10. At least I can't just use a screen and dunk the ball in any given possession.

Although, you could look at the changes as a fresh gameplay update. The learning curve is increased so now we have to play more to get used to it.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:25 am

Gameplay offline in Tip-off is definitely better. Like Andrew said, post game is smoother but still lacks animations which hopefully will be addressed in 17. But the gameplay in LUT is still noticeably different in regards to standing dunks. I have guys like Ibaka, Whiteside who I grab offensive rebounds with that should be going straight up for easy dunks but instead they'll do a layup or an unnecessary spin move then shot. I've given up on them fixing this. I'll continue to play the weekly challenges, coin-ups, and finish the season challenges but I'm not touching the master challenges. Considering starting a dynasty with my Bullets.
Izzy Snow

Postby [Q] on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:06 am

Pdub wrote:Do you have the full game, yet? It could be an issue with the trial version players connected to full game players.

Nopt, I'm not on the full version but that wasn't an issue before the patch

and despite my player being horrible at wide open 3s, he was better inside (small sample size, 2 layups)
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:38 am

Exactly. The new patch could have caused an issue with players who have the trial/demo.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:49 am

Rebounding isn't really that much better, at least in Rising Star. In many occasions, even with a 90 rating on both off and def rebounding, my player would stand there when I push the rebound button. Here's a clip I posted on Twitter. I turned the game off after this happened.

http://twitter.com/izzysnowhd/status/670470105147551744
Izzy Snow

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:20 am

Izzy Snow wrote:Gameplay offline in Tip-off is definitely better. Like Andrew said, post game is smoother but still lacks animations which hopefully will be addressed in 17. But the gameplay in LUT is still noticeably different in regards to standing dunks. I have guys like Ibaka, Whiteside who I grab offensive rebounds with that should be going straight up for easy dunks but instead they'll do a layup or an unnecessary spin move then shot. I've given up on them fixing this. I'll continue to play the weekly challenges, coin-ups, and finish the season challenges but I'm not touching the master challenges. Considering starting a dynasty with my Bullets.

Agreed, the lack of standing dunks is frustrating. There are players who can quickly elevate for a simple dunk from an offensive rebound, and should be able to do that in game.

I'm wondering if it's been nerfed because of issues where it's been too easy to score off of offensive rebounds, both for the user and CPU. Still, it should be feasible to accomplish when certain players, when the opportunity is there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:46 pm

Andrew wrote:
Izzy Snow wrote:Gameplay offline in Tip-off is definitely better. Like Andrew said, post game is smoother but still lacks animations which hopefully will be addressed in 17. But the gameplay in LUT is still noticeably different in regards to standing dunks. I have guys like Ibaka, Whiteside who I grab offensive rebounds with that should be going straight up for easy dunks but instead they'll do a layup or an unnecessary spin move then shot. I've given up on them fixing this. I'll continue to play the weekly challenges, coin-ups, and finish the season challenges but I'm not touching the master challenges. Considering starting a dynasty with my Bullets.

Agreed, the lack of standing dunks is frustrating. There are players who can quickly elevate for a simple dunk from an offensive rebound, and should be able to do that in game.

I'm wondering if it's been nerfed because of issues where it's been too easy to score off of offensive rebounds, both for the user and CPU. Still, it should be feasible to accomplish when certain players, when the opportunity is there.

Well you can't nerf something that wasn't even there to begin with lol! Standing dunks were present in LUT14. Not in LUT15 which baffled one of the devs I speak to, and not in LUT16 which confuses another dev I speak to. It's an issue bro and it's frustrating as hell. I've tested the same two players I mentioned and they do standing dunks in tipoff. Even guys like Gortat and Nene would do it.

I don't know man. Live 17 has to bring it hence why I started using the hashtag #AllOrNothing

Not gonna lie, I'm starting to really lose hope and they shouldn't blame me for doing so.
Izzy Snow

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:13 am

Galloway on the Knicks apparently has his real scan on the PS4 version, I was watching a video the other day and seen that his face scan was in, but when I play on the Xbox, he's got a generic face. Also noticed that some of the white boys (Dirk and Celtics' Zeller) has tanned skin on the face, but the bodies are pale.

Was playing a game two nights ago, and the game felt way too loose, then played it again last night, and the game felt stiff, I have no idea what the cause of this is.
ThaLiveKing

Postby mp3 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:13 pm

When was Gallo updated??

I have the ps4 version and he's the wrong skin colour baled headed random guy which with no KP is why I didn't start a knicks dynasty.

Hope they have updated him, I haven't being on for a couple of days
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:58 pm

Izzy Snow wrote:Well you can't nerf something that wasn't even there to begin with lol! Standing dunks were present in LUT14. Not in LUT15 which baffled one of the devs I speak to, and not in LUT16 which confuses another dev I speak to. It's an issue bro and it's frustrating as hell. I've tested the same two players I mentioned and they do standing dunks in tipoff. Even guys like Gortat and Nene would do it.

Oh, I meant from previous games. In previous games, it was easier to score off of offensive rebounds, more so than it should have been. Indeed, I'd still say some further balance is required, though that also comes down to physics and collisions.

The gameplay discrepancies are definitely weird. I mean, LUT is going to play differently to some extent because of the fantasy teams involved, but basic mechanics should obviously be the same. Again, very weird.

In terms of other things I'd like to see addressed by further updates, there's still some issues with weird behaviour on fakes, and players attempting inappropriate shots when backing down outside of the paint. I was showing the game to my cousin yesterday when I went up there to stay the night and hang out, and took Kobe into practice mode. With his back to the basket, I pulled back on the stick for a turnaround fadeaway, and instead he did a turnaround left-handed hook from about 20 feet out, something that you certainly wouldn't expect to see! Those contextually inappropriate shots shouldn't be happening, so hopefully that can be adjusted.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:53 pm

I agree. Reading about Izzy not being able to go back up after an offensive rebound and stuff it inexcusable. Especially when you see the cpu get an offensive rebound and immediately go into a 180 scoop layup, or jump backwards from under the rim forcing defenders to slide backwards with no chance of defending the shot. Every time the devs put animations in the game, they should be doing so only after seeing it done in an nba game. The where, why, and how should determine what animation is used.

Another example, I did a 360 pump layup, but my player rotated towards the defender instead of away from him.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:51 am

Pdub wrote:I agree. Reading about Izzy not being able to go back up after an offensive rebound and stuff it inexcusable. Especially when you see the cpu get an offensive rebound and immediately go into a 180 scoop layup, or jump backwards from under the rim forcing defenders to slide backwards with no chance of defending the shot. Every time the devs put animations in the game, they should be doing so only after seeing it done in an nba game. The where, why, and how should determine what animation is used.

Another example, I did a 360 pump layup, but my player rotated towards the defender instead of away from him.

It would make it a whole lot easier if they had shots off the backboard, I'm sure no one would care as much for standing dunks if those were in the game. Just get the easy two, without the hassle
ThaLiveKing

Postby zzcoolj21 on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:55 am

I just saw a few standing dunks on pro am today. Problem is they only happen with 5 ft tall guards.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:51 am

December 18th: Patch 1.05 has been released. It adds 120 new Stance socks and this year's Christmas jerseys to the game. The Update History on PS4 also mentions stability and bug fixes, but there's no specific details on them at this time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:42 pm

Andrew wrote:December 18th: Patch 1.05 has been released. It adds 120 new Stance socks and this year's Christmas jerseys to the game. The Update History on PS4 also mentions stability and bug fixes, but there's no specific details on them at this time.

The little bit of hope I have keeps getting smaller. I played 3 10 min quarters of Tipoff & stopped because two plays in a row, a player in the post did a contextual move that made ZERO BASKETBALL SENSE. I've spent about 200 hours on Live. I'm only gonna get on to finish the season challenges eventually & play Pro-Am here & there but 2K has taken my basketball gaming time lately. #NBALIVE17 #AllOrNothing
Izzy Snow

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:41 pm

I'm definitely getting the feeling a lot of that stuff will have to wait until NBA Live 17, at this point.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.04

Postby mp3 on Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:37 am

I actually prefer the gameplay over 2k now, they need to slow the pace just a little but iam okay with this.

There are tons of stuff that needs updating which yeah will most likely be next year but at least finish the rosters.

I am not asking for the best of the best facescans, I grew up on 2 pixels for eyes so just a CAP like they used to use from 04-10 would be fine and an improvement over some that they have now.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:41 am

Agreed, if you're going to use placeholders, they should at least bear some resemblance to the person they're supposed to be.

We really need that gameplay speed slider next year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:13 am

Izzy Snow wrote:
Andrew wrote:December 18th: Patch 1.05 has been released. It adds 120 new Stance socks and this year's Christmas jerseys to the game. The Update History on PS4 also mentions stability and bug fixes, but there's no specific details on them at this time.

The little bit of hope I have keeps getting smaller. I played 3 10 min quarters of Tipoff & stopped because two plays in a row, a player in the post did a contextual move that made ZERO BASKETBALL SENSE. I've spent about 200 hours on Live. I'm only gonna get on to finish the season challenges eventually & play Pro-Am here & there but 2K has taken my basketball gaming time lately. #NBALIVE17 #AllOrNothing

Funny. I gave up on 2k because of all the stuff they are taking out of it every update. Spin moves near or in the paint, gone. Slam dunks being blocked or thrown across the top of the rim to the other side of the floor, ball stripping every time you try to do anything in the paint involving dribbling or passing. 3 point shot % dropped ridiculously low for humans, even when no defender is on your side of the court. Teammates in career playing nothing like themselves. The ridiculous number of missed open shots by the human player and his teammates while opponents consistently make their shots (even 3 pointers with 1 second on the shot clock) with 1 or 2, sometimes even 3 defenders in their face. The number of and 1's the opponent gets vs the rare ones your team gets.

2k does not allow a player to control his player. The developers decide what you can and can't do in the game. It's a terrible game.
StyxTx

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.06)

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:25 am

First post has been updated with the patch notes for title update v1.06.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.06)

Postby Izzy Snow on Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:43 am

The Unicorn face scan is there. Unfortunately, no love for little known Garrett Temple.
Izzy Snow

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 16