Roster Feedback Thread

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

Re: Roster Feedback Thread

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:32 am

More details on the Week 12 roster update: https://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/ ... -update-12
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:43 pm

Andrew wrote:More details on the Week 12 roster update: https://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/ ... -update-12

I can confirm that standing dunks still don't happen in LUT.
Izzy Snow

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:45 pm

I'm guessing that's related to something other than dunk packs, because they are working in other modes. Either that, or the roster updates aren't affecting LUT at all.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:52 pm

Andrew wrote:I'm guessing that's related to something other than dunk packs, because they are working in other modes. Either that, or the roster updates aren't affecting LUT at all.

I had a small hope that they would address this but I guess not. But at this point I'm not surprised it's still not fixed.
Izzy Snow

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:39 pm

If it can't be resolved in NBA Live 16, hopefully it's not an issue in NBA Live 17. As I mentioned in the Podcast, I'm wondering whether we need the separate Dunk/Layup and Shoot buttons again.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:54 am

Andrew wrote:If it can't be resolved in NBA Live 16, hopefully it's not an issue in NBA Live 17. As I mentioned in the Podcast, I'm wondering whether we need the separate Dunk/Layup and Shoot buttons again.

I think they should. Their contextual system isn't realistic at time, especially the passing
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:36 am

If 2K can have three pass buttons, I reckon Live can find a way to have two shoot buttons again. As with the older games, Dunk/Layup could also be used to perform floaters from further out.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:07 am

For what it's worth I've just played 3 games (Jazz/Pelicans/Grizzlies) and I had standing dunks in all of them off the offence rebound.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:47 am

Which mode?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:43 pm

Quick game vs the cpu
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:11 pm

Yeah, that generally works fine. Of course, it needs to work properly in all modes, needless to say.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:07 am

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:02 pm

Disappointed they never added bought out players to there new teams like Joe Johnson and haven't waived players like Bargs
mp3

Postby mp3 on Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:44 pm

Is its weeks roster up yet on ps4? Wasn't there yesterday
mp3

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:29 pm

Hasn't come through as yet, when I was playing earlier this evening.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:58 pm

Ok cheers mate, got a feeling we are not getting an update this week which is disappointing when your waiting to start a dynasty.

We can't say it enough times... custom roster management...
mp3

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:50 am

Yeah, I want to use Ty Lawson on the Pacers lol
ThaLiveKing

Postby mp3 on Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:21 am

This is why I don't like them doing the rosters, mike over at 2k does there rosters and there on point everyday but you also have the option to do them yourself but I just use the official roster least days because I know it will be upto date.

With EA you have to wait weeks after the trade deadline before the rosters are right.

I don't want to ill of the EA team but I do question how much nba they actually watch and how much work goes into the rosters each week.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:15 am

I don't think the issue is a lack of care, attention, or knowledge, but there seems to be some problem with the update system. I'm wondering if there are conflicts with the Synergy updates that cause delays and omissions.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:07 pm

Andrew wrote:I don't think the issue is a lack of care, attention, or knowledge, but there seems to be some problem with the update system. I'm wondering if there are conflicts with the Synergy updates that cause delays and omissions.

This! I think (I may actually know) the issue is with Synergy.
Izzy Snow

Postby mp3 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:14 pm

Quick question though,why would synergy affect players being off rosters for weeks, playing having the same number as a teammate or just wrong number in general and the accessories being off?
mp3

Postby [Q] on Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:22 pm

Izzy Snow wrote:
Andrew wrote:I don't think the issue is a lack of care, attention, or knowledge, but there seems to be some problem with the update system. I'm wondering if there are conflicts with the Synergy updates that cause delays and omissions.

This! I think (I may actually know) the issue is with Synergy.

Excuses. Synergy worked fine on daily roster updates in Live 10
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:19 pm

[Q] wrote:Excuses. Synergy worked fine on daily roster updates in Live 10

mp3 wrote:Quick question though,why would synergy affect players being off rosters for weeks, playing having the same number as a teammate or just wrong number in general and the accessories being off?

Just because it worked properly in the past doesn't mean there can't be problems with it now. Especially if there's something different about the way the data is received and/or subsequently delivered, which is definitely possible.

With the updates in NBA Live 09 and NBA Live 10, generic placeholders would be initially generated when players had to be added to the roster. It usually took a manual update to get them their proper bio data and a fixed appearance, and occasionally, that didn't happen right away. My guess is that something in the update system is different now, on one hand avoiding the use of generic "dummy" players that have the correct name and that's about it, but the other hand causing a delay in getting players into the game.

As far as inaccuracies with jersey numbers and accessories, I'm inclined to think that's indeed oversight. That's unfortunate, but having made roster updates for the PC versions of NBA Live for years, I can attest to that being easy enough to happen, no matter how much care you take, no matter whether or not you double-check. There are over 400 players in the league, so mistakes will slip through, sometimes for a few updates running. That's where community feedback comes in handy; that always helped me catch things that escaped my notice.

I don't mean to suggest that the Synergy data is definitely directly responsible for all the issues. However, there could certainly be problems with the way it and other new data is being pushed through, compared to how it was done in NBA Live 09 and NBA Live 10. I mentioned Synergy as a possible factor because it could be a case of not having enough data for some of the missing players, and issues with adding those players before that data is available. Or something along those lines.

That's just one theory. Even if it isn't the Synergy data specifically, I'd suggest there's something different and problematic about the way new content is delivered to the game. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the way that roster data is handled is also at least partly responsible for user roster editing not being available in the game.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:03 pm

There could be a simple reason why there has being no roster update, Spring Break??

Wouldn't be the first time EA took time out.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:11 pm

Oh, as far as there being no update last week? Definitely possible.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 16