Bugs & Glitches

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Bugs & Glitches

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:37 am

NBA 2K16 Bug Reports

This is our official bug report thread for NBA 2K16. Please keep all posts constructive, civil, and on-topic. Use the follow template when posting issues, so as to provide the best feedback possible:

Code: Select all
[b]Bug description:[/b]

[b]Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One):[/b]

[b]Game Mode:[/b]

[b]Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details:[/b]

Also, a couple of things to keep in mind...

What IS a bug

A mode or feature that isn't working as intended. This includes issues such as game crashes, data not saving (or being suddenly erased), non-functioning menus, weird behaviour and glitches during gameplay, and the like.

What ISN'T a bug

Anything that's working as intended, but you simply don't like or agree with. This includes player ratings that you disagree with, a feature you don't care for, an outdated face/hairstyle, and so forth. That's all valid feedback, but they aren't bugs, so they don't belong in this thread.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Bugs & Glitches

Postby RazberyBandit on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:20 pm

Bug 1: Icon Passing

No icons above teammate heads when I press RB for Icon Passing.
Windows 7 PC
Every Mode
Press RB on my Logitech F310 Controller (in X-input mode)

Bug 2: Save & Exit

Save & Exit function may fail to update progress unless you completely exit NBA2K16.
Windows 7 PC
MyCareer
The short story... (LOL) Part 1: Started a game but was interrupted with personal business during the 1st quarter, so I saved and exited the game. Left game running. Settled business, selected MyCareer and continued from where I saved. Played into the 3rd quarter and was interrupted again. I chose to save & exit, again. Actually finished the business, selected MyCareer, and the game resumed play in the 1st quarter, not the 3rd quarter.
Part 2: Decided to test a theory: that choosing to save & exit then completely exit NBA2K16 to allow Steam to upload remote data might allow the feature to function properly. Started a game. After 1st basket, I chose to save & exit. I jumped right back into the game and it resumed right where it left off. I played a minute or so more and chose to save & exit again. This time, instead of trying to resume, I chose to exit NBA2K16 and allowed Steam to update its cloud data. Once complete, I restarted NBA2K16, chose MyCareer, and it properly resumed from the 2nd instance of where I chose to save & exit.

Whew! =Þ
RazberyBandit

Postby Justafool on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:08 pm

Bug description:

Playvision bugged

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One):

PC , Win7

Game Mode:

My Career, Play Now, MyLeague

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details:

I am playing on PC , All-Star/Sim, 12 Minutes quarters as a Center.
Playvision is set on show all plays, and full and everything on auto.

When I move to my position (the blue dots) most of the times, nothing happens. No player movement, no passing, no instruction for me to pick, run or anything.
When moving to a teammate and setting a pick (without instruction) the set play resets and a new starting position is displayed.
Very rarely it is working as intended.
Freelance offence is not working as intended neither.

Is it just me or are you guys experiencing this issue as well?

Edit: Just in case it might be connected to certain plays in the playbook:
I am playing for the Warriors

same here in MC. also you can see that there is no indication of combination in upper-right corner. so maybe sometime there are not plays but some kind of quick-plays? also this can be fixed by opening coaching menu, setting playcalling to manual then exit, reopen menu and set back playcalling to auto. but this helps for a short period of time.

plus often playvision doesn't show that you should set the screen and where you should set it.

See this thread as well:
viewtopic.php?f=163&t=99797
Justafool

Postby jxc on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:33 pm

Bug description: Editing shorts in MyLeague team relocation is not working. You can change their color, but it will be visible only after you change your jersey design (v-neck, u-neck, etc.). I have not found a way to put custom images on shorts yet (works fine for jerseys).

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One): PC, Windows 7

Game Mode: MyLeague

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details: Nothing specific, just try to edit shorts in team relocation.
jxc

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:57 pm

Bug description: Commentary drops out during 12m quarters + No sweat on the players because stamina recovers to full after each timeout

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One): PC

Game Mode: Any game mode

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details: Just play the game on 12m quarters or any 6+ m quarters.
I Hate Mondays

Postby nylia on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:19 am

Bug description: When my player just subs in usually mid-game, the game is sort of stuck for 10 seconds showing a random player (player has color but background is black/white only). So I have to wait there for 10 seconds or more looking at a player "dancing".

Game Mode: My Career

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details: Play the game. I really think its a bug.
Stu Jackass needs to get shot
nylia

Postby Piggy_Destroyer on Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:07 am

Bug description: 2 free throws on a 3pt play

Game Mode: MyGM

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details: Jodie Meeks got fouled during the 3pt attempt,and instead of having 3 free throws, he only had 2. Even the announcers said he was hacked on a 3pt attempt, and that he will have 3 free throws.
Piggy_Destroyer

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:55 am

Bug description: No music during timeouts.

Game Mode: Any

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details: During some timeouts, the players have to be seated for the music to start, but most of the times, timeouts won't have music.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Mojazz on Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:02 am

Bug description: Im not sure if it is a bug but editing a freethrow of a player doesnt show the dribble gather, just the shooting form.

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details: Edit Roster, Edit NBA Player

======================

Bug description: No lightings for player when inside 2k store; Also, in My Career shootaround, the floor looks it has all the lights but the player looks like playing in the dark.

Game Mode: MyCareer

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details: Just play MyCareer, it is an obvious bug, specially the 2k store, it has been a problem since 2k15.
Mojazz

Postby pistonnation on Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:14 am

Bug description: Hairstyles Not showing in game.

Game Mode: Any. (Specifically Play Now or MyGM/MyLeague)

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details: I have visual proof of this bug. Stanley Johnson of the Detroit Pistons lacks hair. and ALL of my graphic settings are maxed out. (Yes, Hair Quality is Maxed)

(Y) This is his hairstyle! Looks like Stan the Man Johnson! This hairstyle will display ONLY during the close up FT attempts, OR in Instant Replay anytime.

(N) :shock: :?: Who is that? Reggie Jackson? NOPE. That is (apparently) Stanley Johnson with the fastest In-Game buzz cut I've ever seen. I get so confused on who I'm passing to. :crazyeyes: Any fix at all or reason as to WHY this happens to me? Can anyone else confirm this?
Detroit Pistons Fan Forever! ~pistonnation

pistonnation

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:18 am

Bug description: No hot/cold system at the start of the game

Game Mode: I thought it was quick match, but I see I have it in every game mode

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details: My buddy has this feature on his account, on my account though, some players won't start being hot or cold like they are supposed to in 2k16. All the player are neutral. They CAN get hot or cold during the game, but nothing at the beginning of everything.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Slim5050 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:20 am

Bug description: When i finish a match of MyCareer, and see the player of the game, it just shows his picture and stats, and no highlights, no matter who it is. And when i click in Box Score after the match i cant view any of the individual highlights of players aswell, the "view highlights" option just isnt there(altough its supposed to be there). Both post game show and player of the game menu after the game shows only picture of the player and his stats. When i click in Box Score after the match i only see icon View Player Card, but no View Highlights.

PC

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details: Play a match in MyCarrer mode. Heres the video i made that shows the bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsebnSrJZdE
Slim5050

Postby RazberyBandit on Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:45 am

Bug description: No 5.1 Audio

Platform: PC

Game Mode: All

Details: Only the Front and Subwoofer channels carry full signal audio. I am able to get a very, very faint signal through the Center channel, but there is absolutely nothing on the Rear channel.
RazberyBandit

Postby stoeck on Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:57 am

Halftime can't skip the coach speech , camera goes back on court and goes under the hardwood, moving slowly but can't play futher

Mycareer game 2 season 2....PC
-----------
My work is free to use. Feel free to use it just give back credits on what you took and tell me what you did with plz !
stoeck
Somethimes shit becomes awesome !

Postby PoundedChicken on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:11 am

Bug description: Sim to end grants incorrect VC and skips off-day

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details: This is the VC exploit everyone's probably heard about. Start a game, after jump ball, quit and select Sim to End (game will usually state that you'll get no VC for this). Once you quit you actually will get VC as if you played the full game. You'll also find that if the next day on your calendar is an off-day, that it has also been simulated/skipped.
Last edited by PoundedChicken on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
PoundedChicken

Postby eko718 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:19 am

pistonnation wrote:Bug description: Hairstyles Not showing in game.

Game Mode: Any. (Specifically Play Now or MyGM/MyLeague)

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details: I have visual proof of this bug. Stanley Johnson of the Detroit Pistons lacks hair. and ALL of my graphic settings are maxed out. (Yes, Hair Quality is Maxed)

[ Image ]
(Y) This is his hairstyle! Looks like Stan the Man Johnson! This hairstyle will display ONLY during the close up FT attempts, OR in Instant Replay anytime.

[ Image ]
(N) :shock: :?: Who is that? Reggie Jackson? NOPE. That is (apparently) Stanley Johnson with the fastest In-Game buzz cut I've ever seen. I get so confused on who I'm passing to. :crazyeyes: Any fix at all or reason as to WHY this happens to me? Can anyone else confirm this?

I can confirm. This happens on the PC and PS4...definitely not just you.
Donations are welcome and appreciated || Cash App me at $eko718 ||

Or through Paypal @ https://paypal.me/eko718?locale.x=en_US
eko718

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:19 am

Bug description: Camera goes on the crowd at OT Jumpball

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details: When the first quarter of the OT starts, the camera randomly films the crowd and the chances are you lost the ball and the other team is already scoring by the time the camera returns to a normal state.
I Hate Mondays

Postby PoundedChicken on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:50 am

nylia wrote:Bug description: When my player just subs in usually mid-game, the game is sort of stuck for 10 seconds showing a random player (player has color but background is black/white only). So I have to wait there for 10 seconds or more looking at a player "dancing".

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details: Play the game. I really think its a bug.

Not sure if this is the same as the one you mean:

Bug description: When my player just subs in, the game is sort of stuck showing my player's matchup on the other team for about 15 seconds

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details: When on the bench waiting to sub back in, if you click the skip ahead but, you may get stuck with this animation.

phpBB [video]
Last edited by PoundedChicken on Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
PoundedChicken

Postby RazberyBandit on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:49 am

PoundedChicken wrote:Bug description: Players vie for rebound after 1st of 2 free throws

Game Mode: MyCareer (High School & College)

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details: Minor bug, but when playing high school and college in MyCareer, anytime user or CPU take two free throws, game will generate animations where players vie for the rebound on the first attempt, even though there's still one more to come.

Are you certain this happened after a shooting foul?

In HS and College, loose-ball/non-shooting fouls that occur once a team reaches the team foul limit (BONUS) result in a one-and-one, in which case the player who was fouled is granted 1 free throw. If the shooter makes that free throw, a second free throw is awarded. The reaction in the video looks like a one-and-one situation, because the ball is live if the shooter misses the first free throw.
RazberyBandit

Postby PoundedChicken on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:16 am

RazberyBandit wrote:
PoundedChicken wrote:Bug description: Players vie for rebound after 1st of 2 free throws

Game Mode: MyCareer (High School & College)

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details: Minor bug, but when playing high school and college in MyCareer, anytime user or CPU take two free throws, game will generate animations where players vie for the rebound on the first attempt, even though there's still one more to come.

Are you certain this happened after a shooting foul?

In HS and College, loose-ball/non-shooting fouls that occur once a team reaches the team foul limit (BONUS) result in a one-and-one, in which case the player who was fouled is granted 1 free throw. If the shooter makes that free throw, a second free throw is awarded. The reaction in the video looks like a one-and-one situation, because the ball is live if the shooter misses the first free throw.

Ah okay, sorry I didn't realise those were the rules - I thought I may have seen it happen on shooting fouls too, but perhaps not.
PoundedChicken

Postby seanjohn1414 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:45 pm

Bug description:Instant replay make some controls dont work

Game Mode:all

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details:when im playing i want to replay my game with steph curry then when i get back to my game and i notice that my controls dont work like im pressing Numpad4 before and its the ISO motion then when i go to options, instant replay then get back the Numpad4 dont work ... (BTW i test it with and without autohotkey) :cry: :cry:
seanjohn1414

Postby Justafool on Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:07 pm

Bug description:

Stamina bugged

PC, Win7

Game Mode:

My Career

Stamina loss of my player is absolutely broken.
I can sprint "all game long" and would just loose about 10% stamina.
I have yet to see a sub due to fatigue.

Result is the same with atcheltics 1 or 20.

Allstar/Sim 12 min Quarters
Justafool

Postby andreu24 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:12 pm

Bug description: Camera bug after relocating Orlando Magic. Then the court turns into black.

Platform (PC/PS4/Xbox One): PC. W10 (64 bits). GPU: R9 290 (Catalyst 15.7.1).

Game Mode: MyLEAGUE.

I relocated Orlando Magic, editing its jersey and when trying to edit its arena I get this camera bug pointing to the seats. I can barely see the court after trying to rotate the camera, just a bit of the paint.

Also, after knowing the scorer's blurry image bug was solved, I made a few adjustments on the court and filled the scorer's table with uploaded advertisments and only with the broadcast default camera my court turns into black. It also happens in practice mode. If I change camera to a different one, problem solved.

:crazyeyes:
andreu24

Postby Piggy_Destroyer on Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:26 am

Bug description: Rim physics is kinda broken

Game Mode: Every Game Mode

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details: When a player dunks a ball from a right side,the rim goes to the left instead to the right.
Piggy_Destroyer

Postby Kevin on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:57 am

Bug description: 3 pointer counted as 2 points.

Game Mode: Play Now

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; further details: I was well beyond range, 3.8s left, Kobe had the ball and shot it from way downtown. Swish! - but wait, is it a tie game? are we going to overtime? No. That shot counted as a two-pointer!

Final score - 76-77. I wish I took a picture but I was just too frustrated at that time that I simply raged quit out of the game.

Manly tears were involved at some point.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Next

Return to NBA 2K16