[NBA Live 2000] Random patches - Animations?!

Talk about NBA Live 95-2002 here.

[NBA Live 2000] Random patches - Animations?!

Postby CarolusXCI on Mon May 09, 2022 7:40 am

I am all aboard the NBA Live 2000 hype train and this topic is devoted to sharing some stuff that I found/modded.

The first one is...
ANIMATIONS
...because who needs an AIACT? We certainly don't! :lol:

This is what I changed so far:

v1.0

*** Replaced the default block animation with one of the tip-off ones (there are four in total). The angle of the extended arm now changes based on where the ball is, so you can pull off some crazy blocks now and then (from the side, behind, etc). Players jump a lot farther horizontally too, so jump shooters will be also fouled more often.
*** Gave a new lower body animation to the baby hook; now it looks more like a running hook. There are actually two different hook shot animations, I changed the one that is triggered close to the basket.
*** Changed some portions of the regular jumpshot animation.
*** Changed some portions of the fadeaway animation; now it feels like the Live 99 fadeaway, which I prefer.

v2.0

*** Added a little gather for block animation and adjusted its upper body anim. It looks more natural now.
*** Went back to the original jump shot animation. It looks better around the basket.
*** Changed the upper body animation for the leaner.
*** Replaced once again the baby hook animation. I really like the turnaround animation that is part of one of the dunks, so I decided to use it here too. To pull it off, just hold direct shot + post-up button near to the basket (semi-circle).
*** Speaking of dunks, I added some hidden ones, see here and here.
*** Added a hidden crossover animation. You can pull it off by holding the crossover button while moving. I think it goes well with holding the crossover button, since it is such a long-winded animation. As for the original crossover animation, it's now triggered when taping the fake button while moving. It is also a neat anim so I didn't want to get rid of it.
*** This is an interesting one: the PS1 version has those menus with Jordan doing a bunch of moves in the background. Well, these animations are all available in the PC version too, although hidden. I took one of those and turned into a little size-up dribble sequence (sorry for the low video quality). You can trigger it by tapping the crossover button while standing. Unfortunately, the animation is not interrupted when you try to move, but you can shoot or pass at any point during its execution. Also, the CPU won't be able to steal the ball from you while you're doing it, so it may be useful in some situations.
*** Speaking of hidden, I found this one-handed rebound animation and kinda liked it. So now it is in the game.

DOWNLOAD
Last edited by CarolusXCI on Sun May 22, 2022 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
CarolusXCI

Re: [NBA Live 2000] Random patches - Animations?!

Postby Dee4Three on Mon May 09, 2022 11:38 am

Very cool. Just tried this in game.

Nice work!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon May 09, 2022 2:22 pm

Awesome to see something new released for a classic! Makes me wonder what else we can do with older games, armed with new knowledge and techniques.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby CarolusXCI on Sun May 22, 2022 6:47 am

I uploaded v2.0, changes are listed in the first post.
CarolusXCI

Return to NBA Live Vintage