Classic NBA Video and Discussion Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Classic NBA Video and Discussion Thread

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:49 am

I missed it on Monday, so going to catch up on YouTube. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:48 am

It was pretty good to be fair, I mean I always knew he was better than what we saw on the Bulls but I didn't know just how good he was in general tho first Aussie to the nba speaks for itself doesn't it.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:57 am

It was special having him on those teams for sure.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:59 am

11/13/1984 - Michael Jordan scores 45 points in his 9th NBA game in a win

45 pts
10 rebs
3 stls
2 blks
18-27 FG

Look how polished he already was... Elite skill, footwork, and athleticism. Age 21 here

Most impressive player I've ever seen

I smoothed out the footage

phpBB [video]
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:10 pm

The remastering makes it look even more incredible. I have a feeling I've got that game on DVD somewhere.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bongo88 on Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:17 pm

phpBB [video]

Just found this. Not sure if it has been shared in this thread.

Crazy HD.... like maybe IMAX film or the '98 camera team film. Also, lots of unique angles and replays.

like this one at the 50 min mark or so
phpBB [video]

replay of the fall down .... stockton with the wrestling takedown move of harper. hahaha.
phpBB [video]

Anyways, first time I've seen this footage. Of course, maybe it's the same camera angles as the 98 game... been a while since I've watched the whole game.

regardless, figured people here might enjoy it or archive it. Have a good day.
bongo88

Postby [Hyperize] on Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:55 am

This is f'ing hilarious... Anderson's expressions are priceless. :lol:

phpBB [video]
[Hyperize]

Postby Jeffx on Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:55 pm

Maurice Lucas vs Darryl "Chocolate Thunder" Dawkins in the 1977 Finals. I remember watching this on TV. Many believed this turned the series in Portland's favor after being down 0-2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_0Cx2wIFr8
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:10 pm

Wild. They even fully squared up, too!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:45 pm

A fantastic channel for watching classic games: https://www.youtube.com/c/UltimediaBox

Incidentally, the NBA is still missing a great opportunity in not having a service like the WWE Network, with on-demand historical content and documentaries. NBA League Pass is great for watching the current NBA and not having to rely on the national broadcast schedule to see your favourite team, but its historical content is painfully lacking. That would've been something cool to launch to celebrate the league's 75th Anniversary. Until then, at least they're being cool about people uploading highlights and old games, at least before a certain point.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:26 pm

Apparently the NBA couldn't simply show old/classic games now because of image rights, the league needs permission from those retired players or in case of deceased ones the players' estate, similar to how some retired players like Rasheed Wallace and Barkley don't appear in videogames.
That condition for footage must have been inserted by the players union in some CBA negotiation because I can recall seeing lots of classic games on NBA TV in the past, even grainy Bob Cousy footage that could make you think he's White Chocolate Jason Williams with the passes Cousy was dishing out.

The NBA is said to have tons of unseen Wilt footage in their vault, even complete games, but they couldn't show it because the hard part is getting in contact with Wilt's estate to approve the release of newly discovered or restored footage. Even a random fan could contact the NBA media department that handles old footage and they would gladly help such person on the steps required to gain permission but the biggest obstacle is always trying to contact Wilt's relative/s that handle his estate, even if the fan can afford and is willing to pay the estate.

So yeah, you better start saving those favorite NBA games footage while they're still free and available. We never know when those footage will be gone forever online like how big media companies like WB are deleting shows/movies from ever existing just to avoid paying taxes.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball