The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby mp3 on Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:52 pm

Amen.

Them two definitely deserve the blame for the Evan and Kemba signing and the Knicks should buyout walkers contract before the deadline let him go to a contender or something and free up some minutes
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:52 am

While the Kemba signing hasn't worked out, I have to commend his attitude as far as being professional when he's been benched. That's maybe damning him with faint praise given it's a low bar, and doesn't say much for his actual on-court contributions. Still, it shows good character and I admire that. Sadly not a good signing from a basketball standpoint, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:58 pm

I agree that Kemba has shown professionizm and leadership I still feel that Derrick Rose provides enough of this to waive Kemba (or Burk) and play the younger players more now for the rest of the seaon
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:47 am

Definitely. Sounds like Rose is on the way to returning, too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:41 am

I honestly can't wait to see him back out there one of favorite players to watch
mp3

Postby mp3 on Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:27 am

Well the Knicks are done with Kemba, he's clearly not right anyway or he would of been bought out so he's shutting down for the rest of the, clearly the right thing to do and let the younger guards have his minutes.

Ive always been a fan of his but right now his defense is some of the worst I've seen, gone are the his offensive talents were enough to carry him it's a bit like Isiah Thomas after Boston right now for him.

Great locker room guy and that also could factor into why the Knicks want him around still, either way I think we will see some changes coming for next year now
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:16 pm

At this point, it makes more sense to play the young guys more. Season's over.
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:33 am

If Randle wants out, I say send him packing and let the young cats play;

https://nypost.com/2022/03/29/julius-ra ... pe-of-way/
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:03 pm

Frustrating year for the Knicks, after seeming to be heading in the right direction last season. How do you feel about keeping Thibs on? He has his drawbacks such as relying heavily on his starters, not being known for his ability to improvise, and arguably being the coach that takes a mediocre team to the next level rather than one you want helming a rebuilding club. Still, I do think he's a very good coach to say the least. Unless there's a really good and promising replacement lined up, I think you keep him on for now.

It wasn't Randle's best season, and his demeanour leaves something to be desired. He's talented enough to be a valuable player for them, though I don't see him as a franchise player. If he's going to be a malcontent, moving him sooner rather than later would be a wise move. Unfortunately, the Knicks ended up playing too well to get a top pick. They do at least have their pick though, so incredible fortune in the lottery could be one way of improving the roster. Not something to bank on, obviously. No cap room, either. Their biggest moves will likely have to involve Randle and possibly Evan Fournier, though easier said than done.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:04 pm

Andrew wrote:Frustrating year for the Knicks, after seeming to be heading in the right direction last season. How do you feel about keeping Thibs on? He has his drawbacks such as relying heavily on his starters, not being known for his ability to improvise, and arguably being the coach that takes a mediocre team to the next level rather than one you want helming a rebuilding club. Still, I do think he's a very good coach to say the least. Unless there's a really good and promising replacement lined up, I think you keep him on for now.

It wasn't Randle's best season, and his demeanour leaves something to be desired. He's talented enough to be a valuable player for them, though I don't see him as a franchise player. If he's going to be a malcontent, moving him sooner rather than later would be a wise move. Unfortunately, the Knicks ended up playing too well to get a top pick. They do at least have their pick though, so incredible fortune in the lottery could be one way of improving the roster. Not something to bank on, obviously. No cap room, either. Their biggest moves will likely have to involve Randle and possibly Evan Fournier, though easier said than done.

I never looked at Randle as a franchise player...honestly, he'd be the third option on a contending team. If he continues to be a pain in the ass, move him. I'd keep Thibs though.

Knicks have some nice young players they can develop, but none of them are superstar material. They need an upgrade in talent, an A-List PG and a superstar wing.

Frustrating season, but I'm used to it by now Andrew, as you well know.....just read this whole thread, lol.

Stephen A. nailed it;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4XIuSCw9Mc
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:43 am

I remember you saying that about Randle, and I definitely agree. It's probably not how he sees himself though, which would be a large part of the problem. He's still very talented though, so a good trade should be possible if it comes to a parting of ways.

They need that shrewdness in the front office, like the Bulls now have with AK. For a long time, the Bulls and Knicks had the same problem with management: no direction, no cleverness, no great eye for talent that others overlook. They make moves, but they're lateral at best, or short term solutions.

The Knicks need to find their AK...but not AK, because I want him to keep doing good things in Chicago. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:45 am

https://www.si.com/nba/2022/06/20/laker ... rie-irving

One of my co-workers said he wouldn't mind Kyrie on the Knicks. After I gave him the look my dad used to give me when I f-d up, he said "just joking".
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:27 am

There were players in the NBA Finals that played more games in the 2022 season and Playoffs combined than Kyrie has in three years for the Nets. It's not that he doesn't have talent, but his health, reliability, and attitude remain in question, even after 11 years in the league and turning 30.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:16 pm

The buffoonery never ends with this franchise. An Allan Houston-type contract for a role player.

What a dumb organization;

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/kn ... rld-reacts
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:45 am

Even in an era where $15 million per year is basically what $5-8 million per year used to be, that seems steep. That's pinning some high hopes on him breaking out and becoming a star.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:27 pm

I'll just say this....Red Auerbach was famous for fleecing teams, and Danny Ainge learned under him (just ask the Nets). I'd be wary about dealing with him.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/donovan- ... estination
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:36 pm

With the Yankees advancing to the ALCS, and the NY football teams actually having decent seasons, Knicks will be on the back-burner for a while.

Knicks still don't have elite talent, so I'm not expecting much as usual. Maybe the play-in tournament;

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/100 ... redictions
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:49 am

Jalen Brunson

This is all
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:29 am

mp3 wrote:Jalen Brunson

This is all

I admit, I was wrong about the Jalen Brunson signing. For the first time in over 30 years, Knicks are finally getting quality PG play. Haven't had it since Mark Jackson, and before him, Clyde.

https://www.insider.com/jalen-brunson-j ... ay-2022-10
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:46 am

I absolutely love his game, I was taking a backseat from a basketball burn out when I saw that we got him after thinking months ago that it was yet another link us to every star in the league summertime BS.

His game is legit, inside and out love his mid range, the fact that he's a team player and plays hard every night
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:48 pm

Every time I watch Donovan Mitchell torch the Knicks, it renews my hated for Phil Jackson. He was right in the Knicks lap, but Phil drafted the French fry because he was a better fit for "triangle". Are you f****** kidding me?????
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:34 am

Yep, Frank who now???

Is he still in the league
mp3

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:11 pm

I've said it before, but Phil came to the Knicks too late to really throw himself into the gig, while at the same time not completely leaving coaching behind. Also, Red Auerbach might've had a point about his ability to build teams, rather than helm ones that someone else assembled.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:17 pm

I could see what his vision was, it had won in two city's but the league was heavily turning to the 3 point game and it wasn't even just bad timing it had been happening for a few years where bigs no longer stood in the high or low block they were out shooting 3's and not only that the once dominate triangle had so many coaches studying on ways beat it back then so he foolishly brought it back to where the offence was learning it while the defenders were a step a head everytime
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:50 am

Balance.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball