Paul George to the Thunder

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Paul George to the Thunder

Postby zzcoolj21 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:49 am

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/sta ... 7481819136

Basically gave them $5 for Paul George.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Re: Paul George to the Thunder

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:54 am

Great move by the Thunder, though of course it remains to be seen whether they can keep him beyond a one year rental. Worth taking a chance on, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:16 pm

zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Its_asdf on Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:49 pm

I can't help but feel that they could have gotten a better package value-wise for a player of his caliber... But I suppose when your team has zero leverage and the player has all but said that he's going to be a one year rental you're not going to get much.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Phil89 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:01 pm

Even if this is just a one-year rental and George does leave next season, at least OKC got rid of Oladipo's big contract. It's a low-risk/high-reward move for them.

I'm interested to see how Presti further reshapes the team in the coming weeks.

:lol:

My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby NovU on Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:29 pm

This pretty much also means no repeat of triple double season for Westy. But it definitely should ease his burden on offensive end. Great deal as Phil pointed out about Oladipo's contract.

While Paul George can't truly replace KD, he still should be able to make the team better. West became little tougher and more competitive with Rockets and Thunder bulking up a bit. Already poor East is going broke real fast, Lowry to West now?

EDIT: zzcoolj, your profile pic player, lol @ that wingspan. Truly represents today's league player evaluation. :lol:
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby air gordon on Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:49 pm

Wow. Another solid player off the board. So other than Hayward, what other big dogs are left for Boston to pursue
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:52 pm

Indiana preferred Oladipo and Sabonis to Randle/Clarkson and this years 28th pick? That's cool. Oladipo always got tons of cheers being from Indiana University so there's that.

They basically went spiteful on George's ass; you don't wanna be a fringe playoff team from a small market in the East? Fine, go be a fringe playoff team from a small market in the West. :lol:

I hope George sticks to his 2018 FA plans. Should be an interesting year out West while Lebron makes his eighth finals appearance.

air gordon wrote:Wow. Another solid player off the board. So other than Hayward, what other big dogs are left for Boston to pursue

Makes you wonder if IT/Brad are enough to sway Hayward away from playing alongside Gobert. I'd rather play with Gob than Thomas though. Not retaining George Hill might influence him. I still think he stays in Utah though.

Maybe they can go after Paul Millsap. Reunite him with Horford and sign Sefolosha. Get the old gang back together somewhat.
Jackal

Postby Sauru on Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:26 am

the pacers asked the celtics for every single asset they have and then sold him for a stale bag of chips. looks likes lebrons road to the finals just keeps getting easier
Sauru

Postby air gordon on Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:21 pm

Scratch millsap from the list too now

Maybe now dipo can finally fulfill his potential. It his specialty to put up numbers on bad teams
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:38 pm

air gordon wrote:Wow. Another solid player off the board. So other than Hayward, what other big dogs are left for Boston to pursue

I have a feeling we will hear about Gordon Hayward becoming a Celtics by tomorrow morning.

This indeed works for Ainge. He's practically getting one of 2nd tier SF for free whereas Butler or George might have cost quite a bit of asset. Ainge wins again? Let's see...
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Brave Sir Rubin on Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:01 am

In 10 years, when people talk about this trade... they will not be talking about Paul George or Oladipo. Instead, they will say: "That was the day the great Domantas Sabonis, son of the great Arvydas Sabonis and finals MVP for 5 years in a row, was traded to the Pacers, who won the last 5 championships in a row, for a significantly inferior player."

:bowdown: Bow down before the future GOAT. :bowdown2:
Brave Sir Rubin
Showerfun

Postby Brave Sir Rubin on Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:41 am

Brave Sir Rubin wrote:In 10 years, when people talk about this trade... they will not be talking about Paul George or Oladipo. Instead, they will say: "That was the day the great Domantas Sabonis, son of the great Arvydas Sabonis and finals MVP for 5 years in a row, was traded to the Pacers, who won the last 5 championships in a row, for a significantly inferior player."

[ Image ]

:bowdown: Bow down before the future GOAT. :bowdown2:

Came back to say that Domantas is indeed God.
Brave Sir Rubin
Showerfun

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:40 am

Called it. :bowdown:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA & Basketball