Last Live Basketball Game You Attended? (Include pic if you have one!)

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Last Live Basketball Game You Attended? (Include pic if you have one!)

Postby Maxie the Miner on Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:50 am

Mine was the Maine Red Claws vs Westchester Knicks back in January. My wife and I were traveling to visit her parents and we managed to catch a game while in Portland, Maine. Awesome time, place was packed, and got to see Tacko Fall.

Hoops gaming favorites: Lakers vs Celtics (SEGA), NBA Live 95 (SNES), NBA Live 97 (PSOne) College Hoops 2K8 (XBOX 360), NBA 2K11 (PC), NBA 2K13 Vintage Mod (PC)
Maxie the Miner

Re: Last Live Basketball Game You Attended? (Include pic if you have one!)

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:16 pm

Man, it's been a while, mostly because we haven't had an NBL team in some time (despite being the birthplace of the league). Probably 1999, to be honest. Getting over to the States and attending an NBA game is definitely on the bucket list, though.

Of course, I did attend the 2007 Draft as part of the NBA Live 08 Community Day festivities. We were seated in the row in front of the guys who were heckling Stephen A. Smith during the breaks. That also included a tour of Madison Square Garden earlier in the day.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Maxie the Miner on Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:35 pm

Andrew wrote:Man, it's been a while, mostly because we haven't had an NBL team in some time (despite being the birthplace of the league). Probably 1999, to be honest. Getting over to the States and attending an NBA game is definitely on the bucket list, though.

Of course, I did attend the 2007 Draft as part of the NBA Live 08 Community Day festivities. We were seated in the row in front of the guys who were heckling Stephen A. Smith during the breaks. That also included a tour of Madison Square Garden earlier in the day.

Sweet! I've never been to MSG even though I'm a native New Yorker. :shock: I'm in Denver now so I've seen the Nuggets many times but not this year. I usually go to the university games which have cheap tickets just so I can enjoy some live hoops.
Hoops gaming favorites: Lakers vs Celtics (SEGA), NBA Live 95 (SNES), NBA Live 97 (PSOne) College Hoops 2K8 (XBOX 360), NBA 2K11 (PC), NBA 2K13 Vintage Mod (PC)
Maxie the Miner

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:39 pm

It was pretty cool to rock up there in a limo for the Draft. It got people excited too, until they realised it was a bunch of nobodies getting out of it. :lol:

They're constructing a new stadium, so hopefully we'll be able to get a team back at some point. The NBL has understandably been careful about expansion since falling on hard times and losing a bunch of times several years back. It would be nice to have a local team to support again, and games to attend fairly inexpensively.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:34 pm

Last NBA game would probably be Lakers vs Clippers back when it was Lin & Kobe vs CP3 so a long time ago

I've seen college basketball more recently, my alma mater locally
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:19 am

Went to a Knicks-Heat game during the 2012-13 season, the last time they were relevant....haven't been back since, and I won't be for a long time.
Jeffx

Postby Maxie the Miner on Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:44 am

[Q] wrote:Last NBA game would probably be Lakers vs Clippers back when it was Lin & Kobe vs CP3 so a long time ago

That's cool, I like the college games as well, plus a little easier on the wallet!
Maxie the Miner

Postby Maxie the Miner on Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:47 am

Jeffx wrote:Went to a Knicks-Heat game during the 2012-13 season, the last time they were relevant....haven't been back since, and I won't be for a long time.

Yeah, I don't go to tons of games myself but I try to hit one game a year if I can.
Maxie the Miner

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:19 am

Went to a Celtics vs Warriors game on January 30th, they did a Kobe tribute before the game.

Not a well played game, it was messy. But that was the last game I attended.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:12 pm

Last basketball game I went to was a FIBA qualifier - Australia V Hong Kong - with Arcane. It didn't draw a huge crowd, because either people didn't know about the game or they didn't think it was going to be competitive, but it was still fun to watch live. Had pretty decent seats too.

Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Hyperize] on Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:23 am

Awesome thread idea... Nets @ Cavs when Deron Williams, Sundiata Gaines (a player I randomly remember playing lol) and Kris Humphries were on the Nets... this was when Humphries was making the rounds and getting booed over the Kardashian thing. I had a couple chances to go when LeBron rejoined but decided against it... it's just not the same as when you're in high school, living and breathing the league.

Some of my favorites over the years were a LeBron/Carmelo duel, a playoff game when DeShawn Stevenson was doing the "I can't feel my face" thing and a rare look at the live Rockets squad that was actually playing T-Mac, Artest, Yao, etc. LeBron swatted the shit out of Yao... underrated? Just another day in the park.

I believe the first game I attended might've actually be a #8 Kobe in Cleveland but I was so young that I couldn't even see over the usher.

Andrew wrote:It was pretty cool to rock up there in a limo for the Draft. It got people excited too, until they realised it was a bunch of nobodies getting out of it. :lol:

lol
[Hyperize]

Postby [Q] on Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:34 am

Maxie the Miner wrote:
[Q] wrote:Last NBA game would probably be Lakers vs Clippers back when it was Lin & Kobe vs CP3 so a long time ago

That's cool, I like the college games as well, plus a little easier on the wallet!

Yup that's the idea, plus I don't have to drive to LA which is never fun in traffic
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Maxie the Miner on Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:38 pm

Dee4Three wrote:Went to a Celtics vs Warriors game on January 30th, they did a Kobe tribute before the game.

Nice pic of the Garden!
Maxie the Miner

Postby Maxie the Miner on Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:39 pm

cavs4872 wrote:Awesome thread idea... Nets @ Cavs when Deron Williams, Sundiata Gaines (a player I randomly remember playing lol) and Kris Humphries were on the Nets... this was when Humphries was making the rounds and getting booed over the Kardashian thing. I had a couple chances to go when LeBron rejoined but decided against it... it's just not the same as when you're in high school, living and breathing the league.

Some of my favorites over the years were a LeBron/Carmelo duel, a playoff game when DeShawn Stevenson was doing the "I can't feel my face" thing and a rare look at the live Rockets squad that was actually playing T-Mac, Artest, Yao, etc. LeBron swatted the shit out of Yao... underrated? Just another day in the park.

I believe the first game I attended might've actually be a #8 Kobe in Cleveland but I was so young that I couldn't even see over the usher.

Andrew wrote:It was pretty cool to rock up there in a limo for the Draft. It got people excited too, until they realised it was a bunch of nobodies getting out of it. :lol:

lol

Sweet! Sounds like you caught some good games!
Maxie the Miner

Postby Maxie the Miner on Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:44 pm

Kenny wrote:Last basketball game I went to was a FIBA qualifier - Australia V Hong Kong - with Arcane. It didn't draw a huge crowd, because either people didn't know about the game or they didn't think it was going to be competitive, but it was still fun to watch live. Had pretty decent seats too.

[ Image ]

That would be cool to see a FIBA game, nice pic!
Maxie the Miner

Postby Maxie the Miner on Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:46 pm

My latest game was a college hoops night! $5 ticket, can't beat that!

Maxie the Miner

Postby mp3 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:14 pm

I'd have to dig out pics for the last nba game I went too but it was the Knicks visit to London vs the Pistons.

My ex got me two tickets (she already arranged with a friend of mine to buy one of the tickets off her but as it was Knicks and they were actually playing a regular season game (12/13 season) and seeing how disappointed I was that I tried to make everyone happy for a Team USA vs Great Britain game where I wanted all the guys off the basketball team I was playing for, everyone wanted to go so I think it was block booking of seats for 11 people and the one only way I could do it or afford to was to get seats in the nosebleeds so you really had to foucus to see who wasbwho and relie on the big screens do this time around we paid roughly £240 per ticket and I was about 8 rows out
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby mp3 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:35 pm

Dee4Three wrote:Went to a Celtics vs Warriors game on January 30th, they did a Kobe tribute before the game.

Fantastic seats Dee, this is the type of ticket I'd be looking for if I blessed enough to be able to get a season ticket to an NBA team.

Fun fact but Boston is the one of the only teams I've been lucky enough to watch on different accessions. Back when the "the trade was made I was at a pre season game vs Minny in London but due to the trade they literally had no players to play and although KG and Allen were there they suited up all of about 1 or two minutes of action, it was actually this tour that made the nba rethink sending NBA teams away for preseason games where teams don't usually play stats for very long and in the US the price of the tickets are Alot cheaper while back then (I didn't pay for my ticket) but it would of cost £80-100, but anyway I saw the Celtics here and on a trip to Orlando where I watched the magic four times at home when they had Dwight, Trevor Ariza and co we had decent seats for all 4 games vs the Celtics/Heat/Clippers/Bobcats and yes I got to see the legend Adam Morrisons hahaha
mp3

Postby Maxie the Miner on Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:32 am

mp3 wrote:I'd have to dig out pics for the last nba game I went too but it was the Knicks visit to London vs the Pistons.

My ex got me two tickets (she already arranged with a friend of mine to buy one of the tickets off her but as it was Knicks and they were actually playing a regular season game (12/13 season) and seeing how disappointed I was that I tried to make everyone happy for a Team USA vs Great Britain game where I wanted all the guys off the basketball team I was playing for, everyone wanted to go so I think it was block booking of seats for 11 people and the one only way I could do it or afford to was to get seats in the nosebleeds so you really had to foucus to see who wasbwho and relie on the big screens do this time around we paid roughly £240 per ticket and I was about 8 rows out

Sweet! Looks like Rasheed Wallace in the shot.
Maxie the Miner

Postby mp3 on Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:07 pm

Yeah I actually got to kinda chat with Sheed and Steve Novak as I was really early and one of the first to be in there seats so I got to see there warm ups an hour before the game, I say chat. We did our best despite being 20 foot away and shouting over the pa announcer who was testing equipment
mp3

Postby Maxie the Miner on Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:45 am

mp3 wrote:Yeah I actually got to kinda chat with Sheed and Steve Novak as I was really early and one of the first to be in there seats so I got to see there warm ups an hour before the game, I say chat. We did our best despite being 20 foot away and shouting over the pa announcer who was testing equipment

Awesome! That's a great memory and experience. I've been to quite a few Nuggets games but I'm usually in the cheap seats so no player interactions for me. Although, the opening night for DU, (University of Denver), I was in line to get in and Michael Porter Jr was there. He was there watching his brother Coban Porter who plays for DU.

Also Bill Hanzlik, former Nugget from the 80's, is often at those games courtside.

I've really been enjoying the local college games, even D2, lots of grit and effort.
Maxie the Miner

Postby mp3 on Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:44 am

I've actually been very Lucky in regards to meeting nba players the Boston vs Minny game after the trade back in 06 my mate had a basketball clothing company here in the UK, it's closed down now rip Hoopstuff. But he was usually given all-star tickets by addias which him and his partner would attend but he wasn't given any one year but they game him 4 press passes for that Celtics game in London preseason which I was lucky enough to attend and I got to meet Ricky Davis and Kendrick Perkins at the buffet they put on,there were over players there but they clearly didn't want to chat and went straight to the players lounge while I got to say a few words to Ricky and Perk as they asked questions about soccer over here.

Ricky was always a favorite of mine especially when in Cleveland and I had nba live season going lol
mp3

Return to NBA & Basketball