Players Wearing Unusual Jersey Numbers (@NBACobwebs)

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Players Wearing Unusual Jersey Numbers (@NBACobwebs)

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:06 am

Courtesy of @NBACobwebs on Twitter, a thread of players wearing unfamiliar numbers: https://twitter.com/NBACobwebs/status/1 ... 9417970689

I think a lot of us long-time fans know the story of MJ wearing #12, T-Mac changing his number to 3 for a season, and even Gary Payton and Tim Hardaway wearing different numbers in their rookie seasons. I also remember AI wearing #6 in the All-Star Game to honour Dr J, Antoine Walker wearing #88 for a couple of games, and Charles Barkley wearing #32 in honour of Magic Johnson when he abruptly retired in 1991. I never knew (or at least, had forgotten) about most of the others, though. Seems missing and stolen jerseys weren't that uncommon years ago; I assume the equipment managers are better prepared these days.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Players Wearing Unusual Jersey Numbers (@NBACobwebs)

Postby [Q] on Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:58 am

I had completely forgotten McGrady wore 3 until i saw the jersey for sale in NBA 2k20. I had to look it up after that. Ron Artest also wore number 93 and 96 because it looked like QB (for Queens bridge)
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Return to NBA & Basketball