Seems like just the other day....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Seems like just the other day....

Postby Jarrod on Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:36 pm

When I was making a team for NBA 2K14, the Sydney Kings, playing with 6"4 PF Jae'Sean Tate... and now he just got signed to a 3 year deal to the houston rockets.

I hope he's in UBR on the rockets when that comes out for the 21' season. It's crazy to think that a guy from a local team just went to the nba.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K14 by Andrew on Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:09 pm.
Jarrod

Re: Seems like just the other day....

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:12 pm

The NBL is becoming a viable path to the NBA, and it's really cool to see. We've come a long way since Andrew Gaze, Shane Heal, and Mark Bradtke were being signed to make sporadic appearances off the bench. Of course, Heal did give us this.

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:27 pm

The weirdest experience I had with something like this is I went to high school for like a year with Omari Spellman (he's three years younger than me); I just remember seeing him in the hall, knowing he played but not that he was a prospect or anything... I was taken aback when he was a first round pick years later.
[Hyperize]

Postby Jarrod on Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:52 am

cavs4872 wrote:The weirdest experience I had with something like this is I went to high school for like a year with Omari Spellman (he's three years younger than me); I just remember seeing him in the hall, knowing he played but not that he was a prospect or anything... I was taken aback when he was a first round pick years later.

Thats crazy! I remember Spellman from Older 2k's as well, had him on some teams haha. I don't know how I'd react to that, I had a mate a year above me who now plays in the Australian Soccer League which to me is crazy, like that's not even one of the best soccer leagues but its still professional and the highest level in australia, so I still and bewildered, can't imagine if I had someone I knew make the NBA.
Jarrod

Return to NBA & Basketball