NBA Team

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

NBA Team

Postby BubbleTJWarren on Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:50 pm

Can anyone help on what NBA team I should root for? Been a fan for years now and I'm from the Philippines and obviously I don't have any hometown team to root for. I ask this question a lot in social media sites like Reddit and Twitter. Maybe the NLSC can help me guide on what team I should root for! Being a fan of the NBA with no team seems meaningless.
BubbleTJWarren

Re: NBA Team

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:11 pm

Do you happen to have any favourite active players? It's definitely becoming more fashionable to follow players rather than teams these days, though many of us do still prefer the old school approach of having "our team". Still, if you've got a favourite player that stands out above the rest, you might find that you become a fan of their team by osmosis, so to speak.

Otherwise, is there a team that you particularly enjoy watching? They might be already on the way to becoming your favourite team! Doesn't matter if they're successful or not. Everyone has to jump on the bandwagon at some point. It's the people who constantly switch allegiances to the latest champion and pretend they're life-long supporters of them that draws the ire of their fellow fans. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:41 am

For me it was defense that lead to follow the knicks, believe it or not kids but the knicks actually used to play defense back in 1992 lol

Many a teams playing style is what makes you fall in love with them also
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby sevin0seven on Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:16 am

what's your favorite color? ______ that's your NBA team. :wink:

if you want to root for Fil-Am (Filipino) players on their team, I believe there's three of them right now in the NBA:

Jordan Clarkson - Utah Jazz
Jalen Green - Houston Rockets
Ron Harper Jr - Toronto Raptors (he barely plays though).
"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Return to NBA & Basketball