Amar’e Stoudemire arrested after allegedly punching his daughter

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Amar’e Stoudemire arrested after allegedly punching his daughter

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:23 am

Sounds rather disturbing.

Former Knicks star Amar’e Stoudemire was arrested Saturday night at his Miami condo on a domestic violence charge after allegedly punching one of his daughters in the jaw and drawing blood, according to the Miami Herald.

Stoudemire, 40, is facing a misdemeanor battery charge. He was booked Sunday at 4:09 a.m., according to Miami-Dade Corrections records, and bond was set at $1,500.

“I observed blood stains on the victim’s sweater and sweatpants,” the arrest report says, according to the Miami Herald. “The mother of the victim showed me the photo she received from her daughter, which shows the victim crying and blood running down her face.”

Alexis reportedly went to Stoudemire’s home after their daughter made “a plea for help,” per the Herald, and Stoudemire told his ex that their daughter was being “disrespectful.” The report said Stoudemire thought his daughter was “giving attitude” to her grandmother, and that he allegedly “continued slapping her” after punching her.

Stoudemire told cops his daughter “received a whooping from him for being disrespectful and a liar,” per the Herald.

Amar'e is denying it.

“Over the last 24 hours, an incident at my family home led to my being charged with assaulting my daughter,” Stoudemire wrote in a post on Twitter and Instagram. “It is an allegation based on a report that does not square with the facts. I am of the Jewish faith, today Jewish people all over the world celebrate Hanukkah and hear the story of how we fought wickedness. I believe that ‘whatever is hateful to you, do not do to others.’'

“As the investigation unfolds, the facts will show the allegations to be groundless as my daughter’s medical condition is not the result of being assaulted by a father who is nearly 7 feet tall and weighs 250 pounds. I could never see myself assaulting any person, especially my children. I respect, protect, and love my family, particularly my children. As a father, I ask for your grace as we secure our space and privacy.”

Rings a little hollow when his daughter is discovered in that state, and he openly admits to giving her a "whooping". Doesn't seem like a stretch to suspect something happened.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Amar’e Stoudemire arrested after allegedly punching his daughter

Postby Jeffx on Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:50 am

There's a fine line between spanking and abuse....from the outside looking in, it seems Amar'e crossed that line.
Jeffx

Return to NBA & Basketball