How to watch non-Finals games from 2000s on League Pass?

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

How to watch non-Finals games from 2000s on League Pass?

Postby JuicyShaqMeat on Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:03 am

I posted this question on the official Discord server earlier, hoping to find any current League Pass subscribers.

I’m on day 3 of the 7-day free trial, looking for 2000s non-Finals games. Are you able to access and view those games? My free trial could not.

Thank you Kobe!

Until 2020, I made NBA 2K11 patches including jerseys, courts, logos and classic teams.

My YouTube channel | Pistons Association story - 2K11
JuicyShaqMeat
I want that

Re: How to watch non-Finals games from 2000s on League Pass?

Postby Leander on Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:23 pm

I had problems with League Pass too. I wanted to watch retro games so I signed up for League Pass. Every time I logged in, the text "Log in" blabla, "Try it for free" etc. kept appearing...although I was logged in I kept gettings ads for League Pass...clicking on these buttons again did not work or gave me error messages...

In short, log in once, then do NOT click on "sign in", "try it" etc. although they are displayed, but click on "Watch" and then "Featured":

https://www.nba.com/watch/featured

Scroll down past a lot of entries to find Classics...

Other interesting videos are in the "NBA TV" section:

https://www.nba.com/watch/nba-tv
Leander

Postby JuicyShaqMeat on Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:50 pm

Leander wrote:In short, log in once, then do NOT click on "sign in", "try it" etc. although they are displayed, but click on "Watch" and then "Featured":

https://www.nba.com/watch/featured

Scroll down past a lot of entries to find Classics...

Other interesting videos are in the "NBA TV" section:

https://www.nba.com/watch/nba-tv

That sucks, even with a paid subscription we are only stuck with limited sections instead of watching any game on demand.
Thank you Kobe!

Until 2020, I made NBA 2K11 patches including jerseys, courts, logos and classic teams.

JuicyShaqMeat
I want that

Postby Leander on Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:29 am

What would you like to watch? You can watch all finals from 2000 or something...there is a classic section for all teams with popular games...but I had to cancel the free trial as I want to watch 1994's Knicks. :)
Leander

Postby JuicyShaqMeat on Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:42 am

The first game I looked for was the 2004 Eastern Conference Finals - Game 2 (the one where Tayshaun Prince blocks Reggie Miller), but it can't be viewed with my free trial. I also planned to watch any regular season game from the 80s, 90s and 2000s :cry:

Yesterday, I thought about watching a Bulls at Kings game from November 1997 as I was looking for this specific play from a Jordan card:
Thank you Kobe!

JuicyShaqMeat
I want that

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:00 am

I had League Pass a few years back, and while it was certainly great for the current season - as it should be - I too was left feeling disappointed by the lack of classic/on-demand content. I've said it before, but compared to the WWE Network, NBA League Pass does a poor job of being a comprehensive service that celebrates history as much as the current day.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:00 pm

I've currently got nba league pass but I've cancelled it twice already this season and signed back up for it again, it can be hit and miss watching on my phone with randomly stopping during a game and having to force the app to stop then finding the place I was upto again can be annoying but my biggest dislike is simply that they have the app on the ps4 but i don't know a single person I've spoken to that the app works and get to watch games, I've had zero response from LP regarding it which is why I lead to cancelling it as there are sites out you can stream the games from the next day but due to timezones from wherever they are to the uk the games may often of been taken down by the time i get to watch them
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Leander on Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:36 am

The quality of retro games is not that good...maybe it isn't possible at full HD (upscaled), but only zoomed in players are alright...the on court action looks too pixelated...no difference from random YouTube videos of 90s NBA.
Leander

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:00 am

Lately, NBA stroked a lot of full old games channels on YouTube
But they do nothing on their app
As pathetic as 2k, they dont want young people see how the quality went down...
sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:30 pm

For a while there, they were being unusually cool about games (of a certain vintage, at least) being uploaded by unofficial accounts. They're within their rights to protect their intellectual property of course, but it stings when they do such a poor job with throwback content on their streaming service. I'll readily pay a reasonable price for on-demand access to decades of NBA content, but not for a hand-picked trickle of classic games and features.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:38 am

Funny enough after I said the day I posted that the app on ps didn't work there was an update that night and I was actually able to get past a loading screen and log in for the first time this season however as soon as you go to select a game, any game tk watch the app crashes back to the ps home screen everytime, this is on the ps4 so if anyone knows a way to get this working it would be a huge help
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Return to NBA & Basketball