The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:10 pm

Randle had no help in tonight's loss in Chicago. Fournier hasn't impressed me at all.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/21/julius-ra ... -to-bulls/
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:23 am

I bet Kemba never expected his homecoming to go like this. But to be honest, he's not looking good

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/knic ... -new-york/
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:35 pm

Hes clearly not the same player after the injury and probably needs more time, defensively he's always struggled but losing some if that lateral quickness really hurts his game more now on both ends
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby mp3 on Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:15 am

I think the Knicks should try and bring in Myles Turner, Mitchell Robinson just isn't devolving enough despite the injury do we really want to pay him big money from next year?
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:49 am

mp3 wrote:I think the Knicks should try and bring in Myles Turner, Mitchell Robinson just isn't devolving enough despite the injury do we really want to pay him big money from next year?

This is what we get for being Knicks fan. They pull you in thinking they finally turned the corner, then these cats revert to form. Where's the defense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T87KhUeC1N4&t=7s
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:25 pm

There is zero defense being played now, it's starting with the guards and trickling back to the rim protector
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:24 pm

Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:57 pm

As I've said before, if I'm another GM, I'm not taking the risk.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:34 am

Seeing Knick fans give Curry a standing O was ridiculous. Shows you how much things have changed. This s*** wouldn't have happened back in the 90s or the 70s when the Knicks were actually relevant. I respected the greatness of Larry Bird, Michael Jordan & Reggie Miller, but when they come to MSG, they're the enemy. And Spike Lee is a total fraud.

I'm just tired of seeing opposing players having career nights against my team, which is a Knick tradition going back to Wilt.
Jeffx

Postby Amphatoast on Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:48 pm

Jeffx wrote:Just say NO to Ben Simmons;

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/12/13/re ... ons-trade/

A hard no on this one! He wouldn't survive at MSG. Almost two decades of irrelevance, hoping this new decade is a turning point.
Amphatoast

Postby Jeffx on Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:13 am

Amphatoast wrote:
Jeffx wrote:Just say NO to Ben Simmons;

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/12/13/re ... ons-trade/

A hard no on this one! He wouldn't survive at MSG. Almost two decades of irrelevance, hoping this new decade is a turning point.

All the optimism from last year (and the early part of this season) is gone. Knicks have fallen back to their usual mediocrity.

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2021 ... arent-good
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:42 pm

Iam still thinking Portland is the taker for Ben and if there including Toby then I think the Sixers are now more willing to take back CJ but I have no idea how Portland makes the numbers work there for sure taking back Coverton and CJ possibly even Nuf
mp3

Postby mp3 on Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:53 am

Knicks trade Knox and protected first round pick to Hawks for Cam Reddish.

He's definitely an improvement over Knox due to his defense alone, hopefully the draft pick is top 15 protected or at least lottery protected and I wish Kevin well, I actually have his jersey jersey I won in an online contest from his rookie year, so much hype when he came to the Knicks
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:27 am

To quote the immortal Micheal Ray Richardson, "the ship be sinking!". Seems like that's happened a lot in Knicks history.

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2022 ... be-sinking
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:55 pm

Cam Reddish to make his Knicks debut today
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:04 am

Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:06 pm

JVG says some outrageous things just for entertainment value at times, but he knows his stuff. That's what I've always enjoyed about him.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:38 am

What being a Knicks fan feels like;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIZoVO8ZyyQ
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:59 am

https://dailyknicks.com/2022/02/09/reas ... ake-trade/

Best comment from that thread;
"So basically the Knicks took $55 million in cap space and spun it into guys that no one (not even themselves) want? It's sad that nearly a quarter century later Dave Checketts is still the best GM and front office exec this team has had."

The Knicks circus never ends;

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/kn ... ar-AATFAGp
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:59 am

More Knick follies - apparently there's a disconnect between Thibs and the front office. So what else is new?

https://twitter.com/sny_knicks/status/1 ... gr%5Etweet
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:14 am

Alot of fans are calling got Thibs to get fired, I don't agree with that myself but the one thing that is bothering me and I think Bulls fans can agree with is that when the Bulls were not a playoff team which I don't feel like the Knicks are now but Thibs would rely heavy on the starters in Chicago and he's doing the same again in NY.

The other night losing to the Thunder (I think it was the Thunder iam losing track of the losses) where the Knicks starters Randle, Evan, Kemba and then Taj off the bench were playing heavy minutes,like 38+ minutes while guys like Obi played 11, McBride didn't play, Grimes played about 25 as the starter in place of RJ but Burke played more minutes than him off the bench and Kemba was getting killed on defence but Thibs played the hell out of the Vets regardless and lost.

That iam not a fan of and Thibs in Minny seemed to adjust Chicago like he new he didn't play younger guys enough and that seemed to change with the Twolves but New York has a better core of young players (I know Minny had KAT and Wiggins) but on the whole the Knicks have a deeper bench of younger talent but Thibs has gone back to over playing vets.

I love Thibs I do but is he going to develop younger players or is he going to force that "win now" mentality and go down in flames trying to get wins over development? Even Steve Clifford in Orlando held his hand up and said to the Magic "iam not a development coach" and they parted way. Could this be what NY and Thibs need to do?
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:49 am

mp3 wrote:Could this be what NY and Thibs need to do?

It might happen. Like I stated earlier, the front office and the coaching staff are not in synch. Not surprising, considering it's the Knicks. If Wes has Dolan's ear, that seat will get hotter for Thibs.

Right now, the Knicks are stuck in purgatory (again), which is the worse place for an NBA franchise to be.
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:32 pm

Yeah I agree the place we are in right now is the worst possible place, no playoffs ay no lottery and lots of picks and a coach who doesn't tend to play young players really isn't a good position right now.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:34 am

Thibs can be stubborn like that. Needless to say, it comes across a strength (or "method to the madness") when a team is winning, a detriment when they're not. I think Thibs is a very good coach to say the least, but he doesn't deviate from the plan or improvise when he arguably should, does have an overreliance on starters, and probably isn't well-suited to a team that's rebuilding/re-tooling with young players who need to develop.

I will say that despite his tendency to play the starters heavy minutes, the blame he often receives for Derrick Rose's injury is somewhat overblown. While there was no need for him to be in the game at that point, the fact that it was a non-contact injury suggests it could've happened at any time; maybe even in the first minutes of Game 2. That's more on the strength and conditioning coaches, as well as the way kids are run into the ground and endure harsh wear and tear before they even reach the NBA, all in the name of creating assembly line future pros.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:48 pm

Andrew wrote:Thibs can be stubborn like that. Needless to say, it comes across a strength (or "method to the madness") when a team is winning, a detriment when they're not. I think Thibs is a very good coach to say the least, but he doesn't deviate from the plan or improvise when he arguably should, does have an overreliance on starters, and probably isn't well-suited to a team that's rebuilding/re-tooling with young players who need to develop.

Last year when the Knicks over-achieved, he was a great coach. How fast things change now that the Knicks have regressed.

But Leon Rose & Wes deserve much of the blame, wasting cap space on a broken-down Kemba Walker and Evan Fournier, who couldn't guard a fire hydrant.
Jeffx

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball