The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:18 am

I like what I'm seeing from this Quickley kid.....definitely want him playing more than Payton.
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:46 pm

It's only a matter off time I think , Hopefully IQ will stop people thinking that Frank is the second coming of Jordan
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:22 am

Three straight wins for the Knicks...and they're playing DEFENSE????? Am I dreaming? Being a typical Knicks fan, I'm waiting for the shoe to drop.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/22/knicks-ge ... block-win/
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:51 am

I think it's dropped mate...

Oh well best start thinking about next year again lol
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:47 am

They're where I expected them to be....this year is all about player development. Whether or not they make the playoffs is secondary.

Saw this about NY maybe making a play for Markkanen during the off-season.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bulls/2021 ... -thibodeau
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:43 am

Yeah they are where I thought they would be to be fair, a .500 team.

I never really buy into an article that comes out while we are playing against said team, ie the Bulls... they were saying the same about Zach too
mp3

Postby [Q] on Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:00 am

Knicks getting Derrick Rose for DSJ, who had already asked them to play in the GLeague Bubble. I wonder if he will leave to play for Detroit or just play in the bubble anyways
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:40 am

[Q] wrote:Knicks getting Derrick Rose for DSJ, who had already asked them to play in the GLeague Bubble. I wonder if he will leave to play for Detroit or just play in the bubble anyways

Not feeling this at all. Typical Knicks, with another short-term move. I hope this doesn't cut into Quickley's development/playing time.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:28 pm

If the Knicks feel like cutting Rose so that he can return to the Bulls, I'm game.

On a side note, I saw a Tweet yesterday noting that neither Derrick Rose nor Blake Griffin have tallied a dunk all season. I'm more surprised about Griffin, but man, time marches on.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:12 am

I was a little on the fence in terms of development for IQ but in fact Rose is going to be a great mentor for the Knicks young core and is actually embracing the role too
mp3

Postby mp3 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:15 am

Andrew wrote:If the Knicks feel like cutting Rose so that he can return to the Bulls, I'm game.

On a side note, I saw a Tweet yesterday noting that neither Derrick Rose nor Blake Griffin have tallied a dunk all season. I'm more surprised about Griffin, but man, time marches on.

Blake has completely changed his game after injury and it reminds me of Larry Johnson on the Knicks where he became a shooter and passer, iam surprised he doesn't have some basic dunks for the pistons this year but when you watch him he really is helping that young team play at a high level
mp3

Postby [Q] on Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:38 am

Even on the Clippers he stopped dunking and fell in love with catching and holding on a triple threat, eliminating his speed advantage. He then fell in love with mid range and 3 point jumpers
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:10 am

I think he was hiding an injury in Clipper land, back? knee? something?

My guess would of been knee because he had surgery on it a couple of times in the last two years but it is also pretty much how all big dunking forwards turn out taking there game further away from the basket, Kemp did, Barkley did too in Houston tho he was never really a big dunker in Phoenix but I guarantee that Zion will start to do this more in the next few years
mp3

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:11 pm

It definitely makes sense. It's not uncommon either, as age and injuries take their toll. As players age they do learn to pick their spots to avoid injury, conserve energy, and make smarter plays instead of trying to make their mark with spectacular ones. As you said though, it's weird he doesn't at least have a few basic dunks here and there. It's not like the paint game is overly physical these days, so you'd think he'd have a few upon finding himself at the rim, even focusing on the midrange and three-pointers as he does now.

Anyway, just interesting that a couple of formerly prolific dunkers don't even have one this far into the season.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:15 am

This news about Robinson missing a month maybe more sucks, defence is our biggest strength right now (wow... didn't think I'd get to say that again).

Thibs is talking about playing small ball in the meantime which I don't mind so much as we will see more of Obi Toppin but not sure Knox at the 4 works for long periods due to his defence, idk.
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:17 pm

They're currently in 6th place after tonight's win over the Hawks. Randle continues to make a case for being an All-Star with 44 points. Noel played well too.
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:56 pm

Been a wild week for Patrick Ewing, but his Hoyas capped it off winning the Big East.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/293 ... -hell-i-am

https://nypost.com/2021/03/13/patrick-e ... t-tourney/
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:29 pm

Yeah great to see the big fella get the big W here, the college game really confuses me tho especially during Covid for example why Duke forfeited the game and elemitated themselves because one player tested positive?!!? or was I getting that wrong?

Anyway, great to see RJ coming into his own with the career high last night. I stayed up to watch the game and it was a rough rough start where usually we end up losing so it was nice to see us regroup and and pull out the win on the road
mp3

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:12 am

A real shame that Patrick Ewing is being asked for his credentials in MSG given what he did as a player there, but definitely awesome to see him coach the Hoyas to such a big victory.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:24 am

your right mate it's a major shock of disappointment on msg staff here, I mean I know it's 2021 and showing id is the normal pretty much after 9/11 but the staff should of been informed that a Knicks legend was coming, show them his current photo because let's face it a 20 something year old may not know who he is and iam sure they are just following orders and don't want to get in trouble but still come on MSG
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:36 am

I hope the Knicks don't do anything stupid for short-term gain. They need to keep thinking long-term.
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:36 am

Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:42 pm

Even when the Knicks are having their best season in a while and there are a lot of positive changes going on, Dolan finds a way to mar the situation. It's like Stephen A. and Max said, he can't get out of the team's way.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:35 pm

Mitchell Robinson fractured his foot..damn....

https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-news-de ... on-injury/
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:00 pm

Another heart-breaking loss, this time to the Celtics. Knicks slip to the 8th spot in the east.

To me, this year is more about player development and establishing a positive culture than making the playoffs. Playoffs would be nice, but this team isn't ready to contend. If the front office doesn't do anything stupid, sticks to the long-term plan and with a little bit of luck, I'm looking at 2023 for the Knicks to be top 4 team in the Eastern Conference. These tight looses show NY definitely needs a closer.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/07/knicks-fa ... rtbreaker/
Jeffx

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball