Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:14 pm

No doubt. :cool:

Nice to see them put a mark in the W column at last.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:46 pm

There not as bad as there early results have shown, I know alot of people have targeted them on social media and YouTube but when Thad Young comes back I think that will balance the squad.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:36 pm

Patience is definitely needed. It's just a case of frustration building up over failed rebuilding efforts and questionable moves.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:32 pm

Looking at the eastern conference standings, teams are bunched up between spots 6 thru 11. Bulls 11-15 after tonight's win over the Pacers. They're in the hunt.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:02 pm

They're fortunate that the East is looking pretty evenly weak this year, but I'll take it! At this point, I'd rather they start showing progress and being competitive rather than languishing in the lottery year after year. You want to build that proverbial winning culture and have the players who are most likely to stick around to taste some postseason action. Tanking hardly guarantees top picks and future stars, and they've got a bit of talent already, so it's nice to see them showing signs of improvement.

Patrick Williams is looking very promising. A long way to go yet, but he's shaping up to be a shrewd pick. I'm prepared to eat my words and admit I was wrong to doubt the pick by the end of the season; I'm already feeling that way now, in fact. Unfortunately, under GarPax, a move such as using a top five pick on someone who wasn't even starting in college would've been a bewildering one that yielded a bust. Looking back, you have to wonder if they really bothered to scout anyone in-depth, if at all after around 2011.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:08 am

Andrew wrote:They're fortunate that the East is looking pretty evenly weak this year, but I'll take it! At this point, I'd rather they start showing progress and being competitive rather than languishing in the lottery year after year. You want to build that proverbial winning culture and have the players who are most likely to stick around to taste some postseason action. Tanking hardly guarantees top picks and future stars, and they've got a bit of talent already, so it's nice to see them showing signs of improvement.

Exactly Andrew. Same with the Knicks. It's the only way both teams will attract top FAs, by showing them the culture has changed and they're heading in the right direction.

Plus, I've always felt the Bulls underachieved (with their talent they've had) in recent years.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:05 pm

That too. You've got to show that promise, improve your reputation, clean up that toxic culture. It seems like they're taking some steps in the right direction now that they've cleaned house in the front office and brought in some people with savvy. Better late than never.

It's fair to say they've underachieved, I'd agree with that. They could've been in the hunt for the eighth seed at least once within the past few years, yet they weren't even close. It's what happens when you stick with a poor coach and fail to improve the team with clever moves.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Moz on Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:54 pm

AK is the man! Obviously getting Vooch is the headline but acquiring Aminu and Theis are underrated pickups to fortify the second unit. A lot of people are bitching about the 2 first rounders they gave away not realizing that those will probably end up outside the lottery since the Bulls will probably be playoff bound...
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby bestevr4 on Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:01 am

Moz wrote:AK is the man! Obviously getting Vooch is the headline but acquiring Aminu and Theis are underrated pickups to fortify the second unit. A lot of people are bitching about the 2 first rounders they gave away not realizing that those will probably end up outside the lottery since the Bulls will probably be playoff bound...

I never understand the huge value behind frp for good teams. I get the nets situation where they traded their entire future for picks way down the line but the Bulls should be a playoff team for years to come and ideally a free agent hotspot
bestevr4

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:03 am

Love the trades. I understand people feeling iffy about giving away the picks, especially two first rounders, as it's an added gamble. It's worth the risk, though. As you said, if they're in the Playoffs, those picks suddenly become a lot more expendable. It also facilitated trading a bust and an overpaid role player for an All-Star big.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Moz on Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:12 am

And it's not done yet. I believe they won't retain Markkanen and will just re-sign him to be dealt to a sign and trade. I don't know why a lot of Bulls fans are having a hardon on acquiring Lonzo Ball. I reckon Lavine will still be the main ballhandler/playmaker so he won't move the needle that much... I'll rather get a cheaper option and spend the capspace they will have this off-season on improving the bench.
Moz

Postby Jeffx on Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:26 pm

For the Bulls to just be 19-25 in a weak eastern conference is unacceptable.....what's the biggest problem?
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:14 pm

Playmaking and leadership; basically the lack of a floor general, I'd say. As a result, there's been some poor decision making in crunch time, winnable games that have slipped through their fingers. I think they know it too, considering they were reportedly targeting (but obviously failed to get) a new point guard at the deadline.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:51 pm

Andrew wrote:Playmaking and leadership; basically the lack of a floor general, I'd say. As a result, there's been some poor decision making in crunch time, winnable games that have slipped through their fingers. I think they know it too, considering they were reportedly targeting (but obviously failed to get) a new point guard at the deadline.

I saw this;

https://pippenainteasy.com/2021/04/15/c ... de-assets/
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:40 pm

Seems to be on the money there. LaVine and Vucevic are promising as a duo, but they can't do it all alone.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TheGameChanger on Sat May 01, 2021 2:18 am

https://www.nba.com/bulls/news/united-c ... ning-may-7

As of May 7, the fans are coming, I hope they don't upset the fans on the way to the play-in.
TheGameChanger

Postby Andrew on Sat May 01, 2021 11:25 pm

Their play has been a bit uninspiring as of late, but hopefully that's some added motivation. Obviously home court advantage in general hasn't been the same during the pandemic, with no big crowds (or no crowds at all) to rally and distract.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Moz on Tue May 04, 2021 12:16 am

Ok let's speculate who will be a goner this off-season. I got Lauri, Sato, and obviously Felicio. There has been chatters since the trade deadline that the FO are high on Lonzo Ball do you reckon he's worth it for 22M-25M? I rather have Schroeder with that money. Hope they can re-sign Theis he's a dog!
Moz

Postby Andrew on Tue May 04, 2021 2:06 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Lauri is moved, he has been looking more expendable. I'd be surprised, and dismayed, if they kept Felicio. I'm guessing he's gone, though.

I'd be able to get on board with Ball. He's still not shooting the lights out consistently, but at least he's knocking down free throws at a respectable clip now, and I like his playmaking and leadership. There hasn't been the distractions I feared given his father's outspoken nature, and both he and LaMelo seem to have matured nicely, especially since they are still quite young. I trust AK's eye for talent, so yeah, I could get on board with it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Thu May 06, 2021 5:08 am

Most Disappointing Teams this season - easily the Bulls and Pelicans.

Bulls fans should be ticked off. Sorry, but there's no excuse for Chicago not to be in the play-in tournament.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Thu May 06, 2021 10:24 am

LaVine being out of action as of late didn't help, but their record is definitely underwhelming given that they're in the East, and made some decent moves.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Wed May 12, 2021 3:51 pm

Yeah Lauri really has taken steps backwards this season and for the most part outplayed by Thad Young, with Vuc there I see LM gone this summer too
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed May 12, 2021 8:46 pm

At this point, I won't mind them taking the risk that he'll flourish elsewhere, because it doesn't look like it'll happen in Chicago. As much as the Bulls have lost some talented players for myopic reasons over the past couple of decades, sometimes it is the change of scene that allowed them to become stars, and it wouldn't have happened if they stuck around playing under whichever coach the Bulls had at that particular time. I'd trust AK to make a good deal involving Markkanen that'll still benefit the team in some way, and if moving on revitalises his career, all the best to him. You can never know for sure, but I don't mind them taking a chance on him not panning out and going in another direction. If it gets them a playmaker/floor general, so much the better.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu May 13, 2021 3:26 am

Yeah Lauri is the Bulls Frank Nitty of the Knicks.

Half the fanbase think he's Gary Payton.... nah they think he's Michel Frickin Jordan who isn't been given a chance and the rest are more realistic and see that at best he can be an ok role player.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu May 13, 2021 2:15 pm

If Lauri could be a dependable spark plug off the bench, I wouldn't mind if they held onto him. I think he's got talent, though I'm not sure he'll live up to the hype or expectations after his rookie season. At this point though, I'm not sure he can be productive to the best of his ability in Chicago for whatever reason - coaching, lack of confidence, or just a poor fit - so if they're looking to move him, it sounds like a good idea to me. As I said, sometimes a player just has to move on to that new situation to flourish, and while we'll never know for sure, it's unlikely it would've happened if they stayed put.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball