Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:19 pm

Pip's bitterness is sad. It's like Charles Barkley said earlier this year: it sucks when stuff you're not proud of gets brought up, but you have to own it. MJ has often been complimentary of Pip, from his Hall of Fame induction speech to remarks he made on The Last Dance. Meanwhile, Pip has often flip-flopped and spewed hot takes for attention for years now. He's an all-time great and I appreciate what he did for the Bulls back in the day. However, he's drifting into "was one of my all-time favourites" territory for me. A shame, but hey, he's got a book and other stuff to sell.

Meanwhile, this season is definitely shaping up to be good one. It's important not to get too far ahead on predictions and expectations, which might've happened with some people after the 5-1 start. Top four seed and competitive is a reasonable expectation though, and I believe they're capable of meeting it. It's a step forward instead of further stagnation, and it's great to see. Some impressive highlights so far, too. It's easy to like this team.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:57 pm

I see there been referred to as The Showtime Bulls now which is pretty accurate to be fair and even Vuc is doing what he needs to defensively
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:42 am

I think it's safe to say the Bulls are a serious threat in the east after last night's win against the Lakers. Derozan was lights out.

All credit to Lonzo for working on his game....Ben Simmons should take note
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:12 am

Absolutely. Shooting was clearly a weakness for Zo at the pro level when he debuted. He worked on it though, even changing the hand he shot with. He doesn't shoot a great percentage overall, but he'll knock down a few threes and he's reliable from the foul line now. It's significant improvement, which is more than you can say for Simmons.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:08 pm

Andrew wrote:Absolutely. Shooting was clearly a weakness for Zo at the pro level when he debuted. He worked on it though, even changing the hand he shot with. He doesn't shoot a great percentage overall, but he'll knock down a few threes and he's reliable from the foul line now. It's significant improvement, which is more than you can say for Simmons.

Andrew, I bet the Lakers would take back Lonzo now in exchange for Russ. :D
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:14 pm

Probably would. I'd have to say no deal. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:36 am

DeRozan leads the league in 4th quarter scoring. It sure was on display in NY & Brooklyn. :D

https://www.nba.com/bulls/gameday/demar ... -beat-nets
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:48 am

Looks like having a few players absent due to COVID protocols is about to hurt them. I wonder if they'll get the benefit of quick follow-up tests, like certain other players in the league. I can't shake the feeling there'll be a double-standard there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:41 pm

Bulls' Nikola Vučević downplays historic NBA stat line

Nikola Vučević made NBA history Monday night. Just don’t expect him to turn cartwheels about it.

“It’s nice to hear,” Vučević said via Zoom from Atlanta. “But when it comes to those stats, I feel like you can make up a stat with anything nowadays.”

That was the Chicago Bulls’ All-Star center’s reaction to him becoming the first NBA player ever to post a stat line of at least 24 points, 17 rebounds, six assists, four blocks and four 3-pointers in the same game.

Honestly makes me a bigger fan of Vooch. It's awesome that he's putting up numbers and helping them win - obviously - but these cherry-picked stats are getting out of hand. If nothing else, I'm a fan of any player that's about winning instead of taking pride in stat-padding. Still, it's refreshing to hear players talking about how the some of the stats talk is getting out of hand.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:09 am

Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:21 am

For a signing that a lot of pundits were calling terrible, it's actually turned out to be a rather good move for the Bulls.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:26 pm

Andrew wrote:For a signing that a lot of pundits were calling terrible, it's actually turned out to be a rather good move for the Bulls.

With such a great off-season, I felt Chicago would be a top 4 seed, but I didn't see first place in the east. If they hold on to that spot, Derozan definitely gets MVP consideration.

Kyrie's back, and Brooklyn's only a game and a half back of Chicago. Should be a fun race.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:01 pm

The thing is, even if they finish #1 or #2, the Playoffs are a different beast. How many times have we seen great regular season teams falter in the postseason, even with homecourt advantage?

Right now, I'm enjoying the ride. I see people talking championship contention, and I do admire their optimism. There's a lot to prove before I see them as frontrunners though, and even then, I'm not counting on anything until its in the books. There was a time when I expected them to win it all every year, but...well, that wasn't such a mad prediction when #23 was in the house. Love this team, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:52 pm

In the playoffs, it'll come down to rebounding and getting defensive stops at crucial times.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:15 am

DeMar also has a reputation for shrinking in the postseason. He's been clutch so far, so hopefully that's in the past.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:46 pm

What's crazy about how amazing DeRozan has been and through highlights I've seen and then they shot to a clip of him and Zach high fiving and I was legit like "oh shit they still got Zach" he's gone from been in the conversation of going forward should they role with with Zach or Coby to a point where DeRozan has quietly put Zach out the picture.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:18 pm

Terrible third quarter against the Nets. Tuned out early in the fourth, doesn't look like I missed much by doing so.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:10 pm

Disappointing second half effort against the Spurs. They're now 0-4 in games I've been able to watch this year. Looked ahead in the TV schedule, and there's another game coming up. Let's see if they go for five!

In all fairness, they are short-handed right now thanks to some terrible luck with injuries. Still, that was a winnable game. Some of those are going to slip through their fingers, but I do think they've made some genuine strides this season, and should be capable of beating lottery-bound teams with their current lineup.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:25 am

They're still neck and neck with Miami for first place in the conference. They're having an impressive season.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:46 am

Aside from the fact that they've lost every game I've had a chance to watch, it's been an enjoyable season! A huge improvement, above expectations.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:06 pm

The Bulls have really surprised me this year, I didn't think the defense would hold up but I was wrong, it's a shame Alex a Zo are out because in the East the Bulls are one of my favorite teams to watch right now.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:55 pm

Hopefully they're back in time for the Playoffs. It doesn't leave much time to adjust to their return heading into the postseason, but I trust the coaching and the character of those players to fit right back in.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:56 am

DeMarr's definitely in the MVP conversation...incredible what he's doing;

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/bull ... uld-match/
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:24 am

He should definitely be in the conversation, and it'd be awesome to see him get it. I'm sceptical that he would, but all for the possibility!

Any time you break one of Wilt Chamberlain's records, you've done something special.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:44 pm

Andrew wrote:He should definitely be in the conversation, and it'd be awesome to see him get it. I'm sceptical that he would, but all for the possibility!

Any time you break one of Wilt Chamberlain's records, you've done something special.

I think he'll finish third, behind Embiid & Giannis (assuming none of them slip up).
Jeffx

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball