Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby mp3 on Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:56 pm

There the top 3 candidates for mvp but I actually have DeRozan second based on the Bulls record and injuries to key players but ultimately Joel for me is mvp doing this all year without Ben Simmons is amazing.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:55 am

The other two have the star power that turns heads. That's the way it always has been with perennial MVP candidates and top tier stars; the focus will be on them, and that's what the media's narrative will be based around. It doesn't make their case for MVP weaker or their potential win undeserved, of course. It just inevitably lead to some snubs when it comes to awards.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:20 pm

Well, as much as anything else, the second half of the season hurt DeMar's MVP chances! Injuries were a bummer. They really missed Lonzo's playmaking, and it's going to be rough without him in the postseason. That was one of the biggest changes in the first half of the season. DeMar and Zach were great, but in Lonzo, they had someone who could create for others and make things happen instead of letting the offense stagnate. After he went down, in games where the shots weren't falling or the defense started locking them down, they didn't seem to know how to pull themselves out of the funk and end cold streaks. They need a floor general, and they don't have one when Lonzo is out.

With that being said, here's hoping they put up a fight and at the very least, avoid the sweep. It's still been an enjoyable year at times so far, as it's clear they've taken steps in the right direction. Being on top earlier on in the season may have gotten some hopes up, but at the same time, they probably would be higher and looking more competitive if not for the injuries. It was still nice to see them get back to the Playoffs, and hopefully they can distinguish themselves by at least taking one game from the defending champions. I don't think it's realistic to expect much more, but I'll be cheering them on from afar all the same.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:43 am

Interesting video. I'm sure Jimmy Buckets is tough to deal with, but the man is all about winning.

Why Did the Bulls Give Up on Jimmy Butler?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP4D5q1iRpA
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:47 pm

GarPax. A lot of bad decisions can be summed up that way.

I'll admit to undervaluing Butler after he left the Bulls, and being swayed by the narrative that he wasn't a leader and didn't have the talent to back up his moments of being difficult. If nothing else, the 2020 NBA Finals proved that wrong, and he was spectacular in the first round this year.

Sometimes, players do need a change of scene to fulfil their potential or get back on track. Of course, the fact that former Bulls continue to prove that assertion to be true is rather concerning, and speaks to an ongoing problem with the team, even after a regime change.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:49 am

This really sucks about Lonzo. There are doubts he'll ever play again, damn.

https://www.si.com/nba/2023/06/23/bulls ... n-timeline
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:01 pm

Big Bust Brand.

A tremendous shame. He looked like a great signing for half a season. This is reaching Grant Hill levels, except without the All-Star career prior to it, and seemingly the possibility of an eventual comeback as a solid role player. It really does look like he's done; I've got no expectations at this point.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:44 am

I see him returning after next year but he won't be close to what he once was, like Andrew mentioned Grant Hill you could also say Penny Hardaway to, I think ultimately best case at this point is a Shawn Livingston type career but sadly Greg Oden, Brandon Roy vibes are what iam getting
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:38 am

Penny's a good and unfortunate comparison, too. In fact, Grant Hill may be the best case scenario, since he did eventually get healthy and carve out a role as a capable starter, and ended up having a long career.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball