Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby mp3 on Thu May 13, 2021 3:48 pm

I think sometimes a player, especially from overseas losses confidence in themselves when the going gets tough. Frank just looks like deer in the headlights for the most part he's in the court, Lauri has had 3 head coaches and who knows how many assistants so it's no wonder they don't know if there coming or going
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu May 13, 2021 10:05 pm

That's a good point. A lack of stability is tough for anyone, let alone when you're trying to make a life and career in a brand new country. Well, hopefully it'll work out for everyone moving forward.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:29 pm

Soooo at what point will the Bulls replace the Jordan Statue outside the United Center with one of Alex Caruso????
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:46 am

Memetically, it's already happened. :lol:

I like the acquisition of Ball, he's developed into a solid player. He's still an average shooter at best, but he's definitely improved and its his playmaking that's more appealing and what they needed. I've seen some Bulls fans elsewhere disliking the move because they want forwards and not guards, and because they're attached to Coby White. I think there's still too many question marks with White not to look around for another playmaker, because he's not on Ball's level when it comes to that. It's too important of an upgrade to say "we're set at that position" and stand pat.

Interesting rumours regarding Markkanen possibly being involved in a sign-and-trade to get DeMar DeRozan. I'm not too confident of that happening, though if nothing else it sounds like Lauri is on the way out. As I've said before, at this point I think he's either reached his full potential and turned out to be a bit of a bust, or he needs a change of scene to fulfil his potential. Either way, it seems like the time has come for both sides to move on. I don't know how well DeRozan would fit with LaVine still around, but I'd rather they figure out a logjam of All-Star swingmen than stick with or acquire an inferior player. His talent is worth the gamble if it's at all a possibility. Once again though, I'm guessing that DeRozan will be heading elsewhere.

(Now watch a deal get done overnight, immediately proving me wrong.)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:45 am

I think the Lauri rumours are dead now since the Spurs signed Zach Collins but we will see.

Coby White is a modern day Nate Robinson, I mean no disrespect there but he definitely has that instant offence and tunnel vision but off the bench he's got that scoring punch but like Robinson his defense is just terrible so Zo is definitely an upgrade
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:43 am

Agreed. He seems like the proverbial "spark plug" type of player who can provide some instant offense, but not someone who can make plays for others and run the team. The Bulls needed the latter, which is why the acquisition of Ball is good news.

Andrew wrote:(Now watch a deal get done overnight, immediately proving me wrong.)

So I guess I was right about being proven wrong. Or something like that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Moz on Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:56 am

AKME is killing it! They got Derozan by just giving-up Thad and a 1st rounder (can't be arsed about Aminu and the 2nd rounders) and they can still get someone decent if they'll sign and trade Markkanen. Everyone's whining about Derozan not the prototypical player these days because he doesn't shoot 3's that much but what I see is that they nab someone who can score a bunch who can help Lavine burden the loads and he's been a decent playmaker the past years..
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:11 am

Can't ignore the midrange! Or at least, teams shouldn't.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Moz on Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:20 am

Yeh Zach and Coby White (if he's not traded) can shoot all the 3 pointers they want so I don't see any problem adding Derozan's arsenal to the team (forgot to mention that he's a good post up player as well)...
Moz

Postby Jeffx on Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:01 pm

Bulls definitely had the best off-season - Lonzo, Derozan & Caruso, an A in my book.

Barring injury, Bulls are back in the playoffs.

Moz, they should keep Coby White.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:27 am

I know it's a well-trodden discussion and dumping on GarPax is low-hanging fruit, but it really highlights the night and day difference between the current front office and the previous one. AK and company have achieved more in the last year than GarPax did for the better part of a decade.

That's not to say GarPax never made a great move, as the Baby Bulls rebuilding effort got them back into the Playoffs, and if not for injuries, the 2010s could've been a lot better. It's like I've said before though: there was no shrewdness or vision to their moves. They drafted busts and/or ill-fitting players, to the point where you wondered if they did any scouting at all, or just panicked and picked someone at random when they were on the clock. They threw picks into trades to sweeten deals that they were already getting the worst of. From all accounts, they cultivated a toxic culture and repeatedly failed to land big free agents outside of a couple that were solid or good, but reminders that the team wasn't in play for the biggest names.

I can't see GarPax making any of the moves that AK and company have, and while they're yet to pay off in terms of Playoff appearances and eventually contention, they've been good moves that inspire some semblance of confidence in what they're doing.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Moz on Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:31 pm

Jeffx wrote:Moz, they should keep Coby White.

I bet they will since Billy is going to run a lot of 3-guard line-ups I assume with they're shaping the roster. He'll finally be playing his natural position which is an SG with the playmakers they nab this off-season...

Andrew wrote:That's not to say GarPax never made a great move, as the Baby Bulls rebuilding effort got them back into the Playoffs, and if not for injuries, the 2010s could've been a lot better. It's like I've said before though: there was no shrewdness or vision to their moves. They drafted busts and/or ill-fitting players, to the point where you wondered if they did any scouting at all, or just panicked and picked someone at random when they were on the clock. They threw picks into trades to sweeten deals that they were already getting the worst of. From all accounts, they cultivated a toxic culture and repeatedly failed to land big free agents outside of a couple that were solid or good, but reminders that the team wasn't in play for the biggest names.

I can't see GarPax making any of the moves that AK and company have, and while they're yet to pay off in terms of Playoff appearances and eventually contention, they've been good moves that inspire some semblance of confidence in what they're doing.

That regime got tyrannical over a year. Them ignoring their coaches suggestions was the reason why they drafted some head scratchers (passing on the likes of Draymond Green, Khris Middleton, and Rudy Gobert for the likes of Marquis Teague and Tony Snell lmao). I reckon Jerry Reinsdorf should be blamed as well since he's cheap and was trying hard for the team to avoid being penalized for the luxury tax instead of going for it all to have a competitive team. Saying that, his son (who's calling the shots now), should be given credits as well for hiring a competent front office and making the team finally act like a big market franchise...
Moz

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:55 am

Definitely. I know it's easy for us to say when we're not the ones spending the money, but you get what you pay for. They were reportedly cutting corners on scouting, medical personnel, you name it, and they suffered for it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:51 pm

Clearly the Bulls roster is cutting corners on defense this year too lol, outside of Lonzo there gonna have to outscore there opponents by the looks of it.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:20 am

In the modern NBA, it may not be the worst move; at least while they're still trying to go from "lottery bound" to "competitive" and have further room for improvement. They may not play a lot of D, but then not many other teams are, either. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:27 am

That's true sadly, most teams don't play hard D anymore well not until the playoffs anyway
mp3

Postby Moz on Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:30 pm

Nice pre-season their defense looks way so much better imagine if Thad is still with the team
Moz

Postby [Q] on Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:58 pm

I get sad every time I see a Caruso highlight
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:57 pm

It's funny because Thad would really really push this team to another level but the Bulls look really nice vs the Grizzlies tho I still think the Def will be a problem, Vuc kept leaving a known good 3 point shooting big man in JJJ wide open like 10-15 foot off his man
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:41 pm

From what I've seen so far, Bulls should win 50 games this season (barring injuries).
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:40 pm

It's a pleasing start. New-look roster is still looking good in games that count.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Moz on Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:38 pm

mp3 wrote:It's funny because Thad would really really push this team to another level but the Bulls look really nice vs the Grizzlies tho I still think the Def will be a problem, Vuc kept leaving a known good 3 point shooting big man in JJJ wide open like 10-15 foot off his man

Since Thad is out of the Spurs rotation, I wish he demands a buy-out so the Bulls can Antonio McDyess him lmao

4-0 against teams they should beat and now the real games are coming. They need to get Vooch near the paint so he can hit shots he's wallowing too much near the 3pt arc.. Do you reckon they will ship Derrick Jones Jr? Because he's not part of the rotation which I thought when they acquired him he'll be... The 2nd unit badly needs a scorer and I don't like what they're doing with Demar playing with them just so he can eat all of the possessions.. Can't wait to see how Coby White and Alex Caruso will fare...
Moz

Postby Jeffx on Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:31 am

Moz wrote:
mp3 wrote:It's funny because Thad would really really push this team to another level but the Bulls look really nice vs the Grizzlies tho I still think the Def will be a problem, Vuc kept leaving a known good 3 point shooting big man in JJJ wide open like 10-15 foot off his man

Since Thad is out of the Spurs rotation, I wish he demands a buy-out so the Bulls can Antonio McDyess him lmao

4-0 against teams they should beat and now the real games are coming. They need to get Vooch near the paint so he can hit shots he's wallowing too much near the 3pt arc.. Do you reckon they will ship Derrick Jones Jr? Because he's not part of the rotation which I thought when they acquired him he'll be... The 2nd unit badly needs a scorer and I don't like what they're doing with Demar playing with them just so he can eat all of the possessions.. Can't wait to see how Coby White and Alex Caruso will fare...

Looking forward to the Knicks/Bulls game Thursday night.
Jeffx

Postby TheGameChanger on Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:11 am

I think we have built a great team, zach is happy, everyone is happy, I believe we can make the play-offs this season. We proved ourselves against big teams last season, we are confident that we can do even better this season. There is a Nets game tonight, maybe we will lose, but we can still do our best. #GoBulls
TheGameChanger

Postby Jeffx on Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:16 pm

TheGameChanger wrote:I think we have built a great team, zach is happy, everyone is happy, I believe we can make the play-offs this season. We proved ourselves against big teams last season, we are confident that we can do even better this season. There is a Nets game tonight, maybe we will lose, but we can still do our best. #GoBulls

Make the playoffs??? Sh*t, the way they're going, they should be a top four seed. They put it on Brooklyn tonight.

Damn Scottie, let it go already;

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/scottie- ... final-shot
Jeffx

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball