Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby air gordon on Sat May 18, 2019 12:48 am

our friends at the athletic also adding Rozier to the wish list. If there is someone i don't want the bulls to get, its that guy (and rubio). he's basically another kris dunn with hero games on national tv

lavine and lauri should be taking most of the shots with OPJ and WCJ being the secondary scorers. bulls need a low usage PG who can hit 3's and defend.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Tue May 21, 2019 12:20 am

good ol' KC johnson reporting the bulls intrigued with adding Lonzo ball.

i guess now anyone that can play PG not named kris dunn the bulls are interested in
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue May 21, 2019 12:26 am

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue May 21, 2019 1:54 am

ha. lonzo ball or tyreke evans? :lame:
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue May 21, 2019 11:43 am

Ball. Evans has a two year suspension, so he's not an option anyway. I'd take him over Lonzo, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed May 22, 2019 3:11 am

some god awful metrics for ball. maybe just needs a some health and a fresh start?

how about Brogdon? could take a lot of peanuts to get him from the bucks
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed May 22, 2019 12:14 pm

He seems to be more of a shooting guard, but he wouldn't be a bad option. Definitely viable at the point.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu May 23, 2019 12:14 am

i like his skillset. all depends on the contract it takes to get him. bulls destined for 1st round playoff exits if most of the cap is tied to lavine, OPJ, and brogdon
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Moz on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:56 pm

air gordon wrote:lavine and lauri should be taking most of the shots with OPJ and WCJ being the secondary scorers. bulls need a low usage PG who can hit 3's and defend.

How bout just let be Lavine the PG and then add another 3 and D wing alongside Porter? Solved both the problems of taking the ball away from Lavine and finding a playmaker (Zach played some back-up PG duties when he's with the Wolves). Having Beverley is not a bad idea though. Not too fond of Collison or Rozier. Both needs too much ball possession to be effective (they're really under-sized SG in my opinion) and are defensive liabilities meanwhile Lonzo's shot is just as broke as Dunn...
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby air gordon on Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:34 am

that's a good point. i'm not sold on lavine being the playmaker on this bulls team. maybe with actual scoring talent on the floor for more than 15 games, Lavine isn't so turnover prone?

getting back justin holiday would actually be a good move to fill the aforementioned wing 3-day player
Jump.
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:32 am

there's rumor floating around with the bulls being included in a 3way with the pels and lakers

the chicago relevant principle pieces being the bulls give up 7th pick and Lavine. Receive lonzo ball & 4th pick

that's a hard sell. i hope its not true. ball is bleh. lavine's contract is actually pretty decent now so im fine with keeping him around.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:53 am

If they're actually considering that, I guess we can't say they aren't charitable (charita-bull?), helping out other teams with their blockbusters. But yeah, I'd rather they pass on that one.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:10 am

Hardy har...

So who's your guy@7!? I think it's possible both Pg's the bulls would like are off the board

Classic pax pick would be hunter if that's the case. I say pick Reddish instead. Not really sure about him but I prefer the upside
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:37 am

Coby White it is. Haven't heard anything about him. I assume he'll be the backup at point, if indeed he's in the rotation this year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:53 am

got a little interesting when cleveland picked garland. almost thought for a sec the bulls would end up with Culver

im good with the pick. bulls finally get a PG who can shoot. how about that.

i hope Dunn is shooting infinity 3pters every day.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Moz on Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:01 am

Only gripe I have on White is that it seems that he's a score-first PG ala Gilbert Arenas who might be a conflict with Lavine but it seems that they will stick with Dunn as a starter and White will come off the bench. Tall for a PG (although I don't believe he's really 6'5"), confident scorer, relentless motor, and he can shoot. I'm seeing Gary Payton the way he carries the ball. I'm pretty excited on their 2nd round pick though...
phpBB [video]

Bye Felici....o. Dude's dunking whenever he's in range. He's like a young Taj Gibson/Tyson Chandler or a more agile John Henson. Glad they didn't pick Manute's son or that 7'6" guy
Moz

Postby air gordon on Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:03 am

yeah why not. gafford can't be worse than whatever you call felecio is since inking the contract.

should be a good battle between white and dunn.

shams reporting the bulls are expected to "express interest" in julius randle. i like randle's game but wonder how he fits in with the current frontcourt
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Moz on Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:11 pm

air gordon wrote:shams reporting the bulls are expected to "express interest" in julius randle. i like randle's game but wonder how he fits in with the current frontcourt

Word... There are also reports that they're going to offer some significant money to Malcolm Brogdon or/and Cory Joseph which is a headscratcher given that they drafted a PG and is retaining Dunn...

Zach is selling some of his properties in Chicago do you reckon that there's something going on that we don't know and they're going to ship him?

Also to stir some shit up, Jimmy Butler posted a video, on his Instagram, of him driving around Chicago (with the caption Chicago, Illinois ❤️❤️❤️) which made a lot of people assume that he might return (which at the moment is impossible unless they unload Otto Porter Jr.). If any, do you lot want him around with this team?
Moz

Postby air gordon on Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:33 pm

bring back butler just to see garpax in the press conference. "so uh yeah we traded him to start the rebuilding process/didn't want to give him the max but now mr reinsdorf wants that playoff revenue/our jobs are in danger if we dont make the playoffs

regarding brogdon or any other big spend... that's fine as long its a short term contract. i want to see how WCJ, OPJ, Lauri, and Lavine fit... most importantly WCJ & Lauri and now White improve.

no star is coming here and whoever does unlikely will significantly improve the team anyway. i'd rather see them go the development route over a lot money committed long term to a fringe playoff team. judging off previous moves, there's always a chance management chooses the latter ;)
Jump.
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:52 am

i was pretty meh on the thad young pickup. doesn't significantly improve the team but does give them a durable rotation player for the frontcourt.

very happy about the satoransky pickup though. i'll drink the kool aid. fair contract and good skillset for this team. hello backup door alley oops. good job GarPax
Jump.
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:51 am

Don't really know much about Bobby Portis. Was he really worth whatever the Knicks are paying him?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:26 pm

By current standards ($15 mil a year being the new $5 million a year), it's not too bad of a price for him. It's around what the Bulls gave Felicio, and I'd say Portis is more worthy of it than him.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:46 am

bulls got the real unicorn, kornet. not a bad pickup.

Butler finally got the max contract from Miami out of all places. so did the bulls "win" the deal?

lavine resigned at the time was an overpay but now is a decent contract in today's market.
Markkanen still remains a mystery/has early injury issues but still has potential(?)
Dunn most likely will not be a bull
Hoiberg gets fired

not even sure if justin patton has played. Butler goes off the wrong way in Minny and has a game of zones based on him, gets traded to Philly. minny's locker room situation gets better but still are stuck with wiggins contract and are a mediocre team.

Simmons is the player version of "regular season rockets bball" so Butler becomes the leader of a team that loses in an epic series to toronto.

philly trades him for Jrich and uses cap space to sign horford
Miami makes an assortment of moves to get Butler but still don't look like a contender.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:51 am

about that time again to revive this thread. pretty crazy this thread was started back in 2004

thoughts/expectations heading into the season??

hoping for some good luck this year with their key players staying healthy.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Jeffx on Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:43 am

Saw a Bulls game on NBA TV last week. They have a lot of young talent - Lavine's a beast, Coby White looked good, but like the announcer said, can they bring it on defense consistently? I forgot they signed ex-Knick Luke Kornet. Watch him light up the Garden when Chicago visits NY.
Jeffx

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball