The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Postby Raptor44 on Sat May 17, 2014 10:15 pm

phpBB [video]

#MT33 !
Raptor44

Postby graybakflip on Mon May 26, 2014 1:58 pm

johnwest1985 wrote:wondering what next season gonna be like...

many old guys.. but maybe back with a good d will ? some good sings from him..

Garnett is over the hill though..

guess u can conclude that in the long run it can be really hard to compete the coming years for the Nets because of the way they managed there contracts .. in the nba patients pays even though its not a garanty...

One things for sure, Brook is back and Deron will get his both ankles repaired this off-season w/c is great news. With them both healthy w/ JJ I can still see this team make some noise next season.

Rumors are that KG might be back(guaranteed salary next season) and PP as well(we can overpay him). Blatche and AA are goners I think. AK is really disappointed w/ the lack of playing time, though some teams might need him but the Russian connection will make him stay I guess. The sure bench guys are Mirza "Parkingaaa!" Teletovic and Mase(glad he got that all rookie 1st team). Thorton might be on the trading block, but I don't mind him staying, if he get's traded I hope it's a package for an athletic 4(Thad Young type of player) or a SG(Afflalo) since we have PP at the 4.

And yes we are over the cap, have no draft picks, players are overpaid and too old, but I don't think the future is that baaad for the nets. First is we have a great owner that can rain down money to lure players to come to Brooklyn(1st time in history we have that kind of owner), he's an asset. Then you have the KD sweepstakes, where I think only Brook/Deron are guaranteed to be paid by that time(not sure w/c one). With Jay Z being his beloved agent I think we have a shot(IF he can't have that championship trophy w/ his current team, IMO he leaves). I can see Proky buying a 2nd round pick this year's draft too. We can't tell what might happen.
You laugh at me 'cos I'm different. I laugh at you 'cos youre all the same
graybakflip

Postby Stress Fracture on Mon May 26, 2014 3:19 pm

You should hope that Lopez turns into a better version of Ilgauskas rather than Yao Ming.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby graybakflip on Mon May 26, 2014 4:34 pm

Stress Fracture wrote:You should hope that Lopez turns into a better version of Ilgauskas rather than Yao Ming.

Well I guess you might be right. But the previous season he played better after he went for surgery and made the all-star team. Tho I do agree that Lopez injury is like what Z had, Lopez is younger. And I think the added wt he had this season is definitely a factor on top of that. He was 290 from 230-240 last '12-'13 season.
graybakflip

Postby NovU on Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:26 am

http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/articles/b ... ts-preview

Owner Mikhail Prokhorov's $200 million dollar gamble did not payoff in a trip to the Finals. The Nets not only had arguably the largest professional sports payroll ever, but they also mortgaged the future to construct their aging roster.

They had a shot last year. That window is closed.

Will the Nets make the playoffs in 2015?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:12 am

The East might be a little better this season, so their chances probably aren't fantastic. It's not inconceivable that they overachieve a bit and sneak in as a lower seed, but it wouldn't surprise me if they came up just a bit short.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby graybakflip on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:07 pm

It was a gamble, they need to move from Newark NJ to Brooklyn with a bang. And that wouldn't happen w/o Proky. I do agree in some way that they mortgaged their future the way they build up their roster i.e. wallace trade, those precious picks etc. Gamble is really a bad thing, you're never sure on anything that might happen. Still I have high hopes for this team as long as Proky owns it. Players want to play w/ an owner that doesn't even care about cap space, Proky is one of those.

Again their chances of making the PO and going deep is on how healthy Deron and if Brook can be healthy this season. His post presence is badly missed by this team. I read that other's put Knicks ahead this season just because they have Melo & "the triangle", only PJax had an successful run w/ that kind of offense, GL.
graybakflip

Postby _Steve_ on Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:11 am

Well Jax is with the Knicks, why shouldn't he and Fish establish a successful triangle offense there?
Nets are imho doomed to suck for the next couple of years. D-Will will struggle again with his health/attitude. KG is just getting older. Joe-below-average-PER-Johnson is not a valid first option for any contender. Lopez might have a good year ahead, but that's not enough...
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:27 am

The Nets now do have a decent coach.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby NovU on Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:27 am

graybakflip wrote:It was a gamble, they need to move from Newark NJ to Brooklyn with a bang. And that wouldn't happen w/o Proky. I do agree in some way that they mortgaged their future the way they build up their roster i.e. wallace trade, those precious picks etc. Gamble is really a bad thing, you're never sure on anything that might happen. Still I have high hopes for this team as long as Proky owns it. Players want to play w/ an owner that doesn't even care about cap space, Proky is one of those.

Again their chances of making the PO and going deep is on how healthy Deron and if Brook can be healthy this season. His post presence is badly missed by this team. I read that other's put Knicks ahead this season just because they have Melo & "the triangle", only PJax had an successful run w/ that kind of offense, GL.

I told you this when all of this began. JJ/Walace/DWill/Lopez, it simply was a gamble that was never gonna pay off.

First button was wrongly put ofc everything went wrong, now's the time to suffer. Well, I guess the Nets at least made a bang with their new city. LoL
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Stress Fracture on Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:41 am

Can they still amnesty someone?
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby graybakflip on Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:08 pm

_Steve_ wrote:Well Jax is with the Knicks, why shouldn't he and Fish establish a successful triangle offense there?
Nets are imho doomed to suck for the next couple of years. D-Will will struggle again with his health/attitude. KG is just getting older. Joe-below-average-PER-Johnson is not a valid first option for any contender. Lopez might have a good year ahead, but that's not enough...

Yep maybe your'e right, that in 1 year w/ a rookie coach w/ a team of melo-calderon-jr smith-dalembert-amare can equal the success of PJax's run w/ the bulls and lakers. The last team to apply that system was w/ I think rambis?(not sure) w/ K. Love and the wolves I think they won something like 30+ wins. Again we can't really predict what might happen. Last 4-5 months we were one of the oldest team in the league, w/ no picks on this year's draft. Now i think were between 15-20 of the teams that are younger and acquired 3 rookies. Saying we will suck for the next couple(2) of years might be accurate, but I guess same on the other 28 teams w/ the exemption on the team that will be crowned as champs this season. KG's old I agree, but I think under Hollins he might be better than last season. JJ's per? look at his stats last PO, he might be not a good 1st option but he's the most clutch(last 2 mins of the game) player on the last 2/3 seasons. As for Lopez we need him to be healthy for the team to take the next step.

NovU wrote:
graybakflip wrote:It was a gamble, they need to move from Newark NJ to Brooklyn with a bang. And that wouldn't happen w/o Proky. I do agree in some way that they mortgaged their future the way they build up their roster i.e. wallace trade, those precious picks etc. Gamble is really a bad thing, you're never sure on anything that might happen. Still I have high hopes for this team as long as Proky owns it. Players want to play w/ an owner that doesn't even care about cap space, Proky is one of those.

I told you this when all of this began. JJ/Walace/DWill/Lopez, it simply was a gamble that was never gonna pay off.

First button was wrongly put ofc everything went wrong, now's the time to suffer. Well, I guess the Nets at least made a bang with their new city. LoL

Every team takes gambles, ofc it's impossible that every team can be a success. Just like injuries & coaching changes you can't predict everything that might happen. Maybe they will suffer or face the consequence and be better, you'll never know.
Stress Fracture wrote:Can they still amnesty someone?

Nope, Travis "THE GREAT" Outlol was amnestied by the nets and everybody was happy.
graybakflip

Postby Stress Fracture on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:54 am

Deron, Joe, and Brook on the trading block

The Brooklyn Nets have begun reaching out to teams to let them know that former All-Stars Deron Williams, Brook Lopez and Joe Johnson are available via trade, ESPN.com has learned.

League sources told ESPN.com that the Nets, off to a disappointing 8-11 start and looking to retool after last season's $190 million roster filled with veterans couldn't advance beyond the second round of the playoffs, have let it be known that they are prepared to move any of those franchise cornerstones in what would likely be separate deals if they came to fruition because of the high salaries each possess.
----------
Yet sources insist that the Nets haven't abandoned their recent "win-now mentality" and aren't merely looking to dump salary. Brooklyn's hope, sources said, is to construct a deal or two that bring back sufficient talent that enables the Nets to remain a playoff team.

Trade them all to Philly.

Stress Fracture

Postby Kevin on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:09 pm

Trade Deron and Brook to LA for Lin, Young and Davis.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby benji on Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:50 am

The Brooklyn Nets are available on the open market.

Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov, five years into his failed championship pursuit as Nets owner, has made it known that the team is up for sale, according to league sources.

yup
benji

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:13 am

Well, if the Clippers can fetch over a billion...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:52 am

benji wrote:
The Brooklyn Nets are available on the open market.

Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov, five years into his failed championship pursuit as Nets owner, has made it known that the team is up for sale, according to league sources.

yup

Stop showing off that you are right with your prediction. Dick.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby NovU on Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:26 pm

Keep that in mind this is a RESPECT Nets thread.

Lopez, 27, will receive a three-year, $60 million maximum contract that includes some protections for the Nets should a recurrence of Lopez’s foot issues sideline him again, sources said.

Young, 27, who opted out of $10.2 million owed him next season, will sign a four-year, $50 million deal, sources said.

Yikes!
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:51 pm

Apparently, Deron Williams is on the block

The Nets reportedly are shopping veteran guards Deron Williams, Jarrett Jack and Joe Johnson, but Young and Lopez are in Brooklyn for the foreseeable future as the team's best assets.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Stress Fracture on Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:16 pm

Memphis has been said to be Joe Johnson's trade destination.

Stress Fracture

Re: The Brooklyn Nets Thread (New Era)..

Postby graybakflip on Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:29 am

The last piece of the "famous" 2014 Nets, the team's All-time leading scorer and blocks leader, the best center in team's history was traded. Brook Lopez will be surely missed, and I do hope he'll play his best years with his hometown team now with the Lakers. People will now appreciate his offensive game, especially now that he added some 3's to his game. Just take care of his body and monitor his minutes, he'll do well against west bigs for sure. Thanks Brook!

So the new era is here..

I'm excited about this upcoming season. We now have a very competent front office & coaching staff in Markinson (Sean Marks & Kenny Atkinson). Everybody from top to bottom is now buying in in this new culture being set up by them. The Russians (ownership) are now in full support of the rebuild and being patient about it. Coach Kenny integrated it's style of play which is fast paced tempo, something like the houston rockets and atlanta hawks, as evidenced by their pace last season which ranked on the top teams and their 3pt attempts (but 5th last on 3pt %). So they are now playing exciting basketball once again its feels different now that we have a young group of players with high potential and can build around. We have a 1st round pick in this 2018 draft (TOR 1st & 2nd, from the Hamilton-Carroll trade). The future looks bright, so stay tuned.

Lets go Nets!

http://www.nba.com/nets/video/teams/nets/2017/09/26/1640781/1506452911825-Media-Day-2017-1640781
graybakflip

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:28 am

I wasn't aware that Lopez ranked so high on the team's all-time leaders charts. I guess he's had a longer tenure with the Nets than some of their other prominent players, like Jason Kidd, or Vince Carter. Just had a look, and it seems Buck Williams is still the man in a lot of categories.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:12 pm

The biggest issue for the Nets is staying healthy, all there keys guys on roster have missed major time in recent years
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby graybakflip on Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:56 pm

Andrew wrote:I wasn't aware that Lopez ranked so high on the team's all-time leaders charts. I guess he's had a longer tenure with the Nets than some of their other prominent players, like Jason Kidd, or Vince Carter. Just had a look, and it seems Buck Williams is still the man in a lot of categories.

Yessir! he's one of the longest tenured Net in teams history, 9 seasons i think, also missed huge amount of games due to injuries. Buck was a monster back then but never had the talent like Brook, specifically on offense.

mp3 wrote:The biggest issue for the Nets is staying healthy, all there keys guys on roster have missed major time in recent years

Aggreed, we call that the "DR. J Curse". From what I've read in the team's history, if the ABA Nets never trade DR J we might had one championship banner for the NBA. Well that's a long story. Yep, last season if JLin hadn't been injured, we might not be the worst team in the league. JLin got injured and eventually Vasquez, so we had to start our rookie Whitehead to handle the PG duties, which I know helped him develop alot. Hoping for a healthy season, they should do minutes restriction for JLin, Mozgod, DeMarre Carroll(which he sad he's 100% healthy).
graybakflip

Postby NovU on Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:36 am

man, first and foremost RESPECT, but the roster is looking dreadful. Outside of JLin/moz for short period, and Carroll, none of these cats have ever played above average basketball. The team is absolute junk and should produce a high draft pick next season undoubtedly. Good luck.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball