NBA Live 2002 Retrospective

Talk about our 25th Anniversary of NBA Live content here. 20th Anniversary content is also archived.

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:42 pm

NBA Live 2002 is always an interesting game for me to revisit. I played the game a lot when it was new and did get genuine enjoyment out of it, but I also recall many frustrating moments as well. As such, whenever I fire it up, the good and the bad memories come rushing back the moment the intro starts playing. It's a game that I've described myself as being oddly nostalgic for given my mixed feelings towards it, and indeed the time in my life when it came out. Within our community, it proved to be a very controversial release, and altered our perception of and attitude towards the NBA Live series as much as any other title. Let's take a look back at this infamous game!

NBA Live 2002 is a game I'm oddly nostalgic for, and enjoyed despite its flaws. Take a look back with another updated retrospective!

Check it out here!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA Live 2002 Retrospective

Postby GoWarriors123 on Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:06 pm

Hi Andrew! I had a question for you. For NBA live 2002 there is a cheat code that unlocks Kareem Abdul Jabbar. I’ve tried to follow the instructions verbatim and it hasn’t worked. It says to go the 80’s legends team and then type in the cheat code. Then to go to exhibition mode and to press L2 for “rewards”. A reward titled “legends” will then be available. Then enable it and exit exhibition mode and go to “rosters”. Then it says to take Kareem Abdul-Jabbar off free agents and put him on a team. None of that has happened for me when I’ve gone to the 80’s team on rosters and typed in the cheat code and then gone to play now/exhibition game. I’ve also tried looking for videos on YouTube that would show how to do it but I haven’t found anything. If you know how to do this I would really appreciate your help.
GoWarriors123

Re: NBA Live 2002 Retrospective

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:15 pm

I've never heard of that code, and strongly suspect it's a fake, as Kareem wasn't licensed to appear in NBA Live until NBA Live 2005.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to 25th Anniversary of NBA Live