NBA Live 98 Retrospective

Talk about our 25th Anniversary of NBA Live content here. 20th Anniversary content is also archived.

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:35 am

In a Friday Five some five years ago, I discussed the five biggest leaps in basketball video games, within the span of one production cycle. While I stand by the choices I made when compiling that countdown, I have to admit that it was a mistake not to at least include NBA Live 98 as an honourable mention. Whenever I dust off the game for a trip down memory lane, I not only recall a lot of the improvements that were made over NBA Live 97, but also that it's a game I personally underrated for a long time. I never disliked it or thought it was a bad game, but because I didn't buy the PC version as soon as it came out, I didn't appreciate how good it was back then.

A game that's sometimes overlooked and underrated, and I'm certainly as guilty of that as anyone. Take a look back at a big leap forward for the NBA Live series!

Check it out here!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA Live 98 Retrospective

Postby [Q] on Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:15 am

Man I spent so much time on 98 PC. I was actually a big fan of the players backgrounds. On the injury screen they'd even be bandaged up lol. My 11 year old self was also a fan of the cheerleaders on the menus, as I had some favorites that popped up from time to time. Plus the halftime show videos gavr me another chance to see more cheerleaders!
Of all the games I owned on PC I would put it above 95 and 2001
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Re: NBA Live 98 Retrospective

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:29 am

Repeatedly backing out of the "Are you sure you want to quit?" dialogue box so you could get your favourite picture to exit on. Ah, youth!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to 25th Anniversary of NBA Live