Wayback Wednesday: The Fake NBA Live 2002 PC

Talk about our 25th Anniversary of NBA Live content here. 20th Anniversary content is also archived.

Wayback Wednesday: The Fake NBA Live 2002 PC

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:26 pm

The Fake NBA Live 2002 PC

As I've mentioned in my 25th Anniversary of NBA Live retrospective and a few other articles, NBA Live 2002 is a game that I'm oddly nostalgic for. It has its quirks and I definitely wouldn't call it the best game of its generation, but it's one that I did have a good amount of fun with when it was new. It was also the upcoming game when I took over the NLSC back in 2001, so it'll always stick out in my mind for that reason. Oh, and also the fact that it was the first game in the NBA Live series not to come out on PC. That definitely made it a controversial release in our community.

For a while there however, people were reporting that a PC version of NBA Live 2002 did exist, because they'd found a pirated version of it on peer-to-peer file sharing applications. Searching for NBA Live 2002 PC on those platforms did yield results, but what was the story behind those downloads? Let's take a look back...way back...

Check it out here!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to 25th Anniversary of NBA Live