Wayback Wednesday: Bug Hunting in NBA Live 96 PC

Talk about our 25th Anniversary of NBA Live content here. 20th Anniversary content is also archived.

Wayback Wednesday: Bug Hunting in NBA Live 96 PC

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:12 am

Bug Hunting in NBA Live 96 PC

It's strange how certain memories will randomly pop into your head. Last year, I whipped up a video illustrating a tall tale that I heard about Michael Jordan many years ago. It's something I hadn't thought about in years, but something jogged my memory, and I felt like reflecting on that ridiculous story. The same thing happens with basketball video games. I'll randomly remember a feature or something that I once experienced, and it strikes me as a good idea for a Wayback Wednesday feature. It's as good of an excuse as any to revisit some old favourites, too.

Of course, our memories aren't always reliable. I've discussed the phenomenon of having false memories of basketball video games in The Friday Five, and indeed, I had enough examples for second column. It pays to double-check, and there are Wayback Wednesday features I've had to amend (and in one case, re-write completely) when I haven't done my due diligence. With that in mind, on this occasion I'm making the research itself into the feature! There's an error that I vaguely recalled encountering in the PC version of NBA Live 96, so this week, I'm going bug hunting. Let's take a look back...way back...

Check it out here!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to 25th Anniversary of NBA Live