NBA Live 08 Retrospective

Talk about our 25th Anniversary of NBA Live content here. 20th Anniversary content is also archived.

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:36 pm

After NBA Live 07 fell flat on all platforms, the development team had their work cut out for them with NBA Live 08. As it turned out, the series bounced back with a very respectable release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Naturally it had its issues and room for improvement, but after playing it again for this retrospective, I'd have to say that it was underappreciated, at least in our community. There is a reason for that, of course. The prior gen version - from which the PC version was ported - was far more underwhelming, and ended up carving out a dubious legacy with long-time NBA Live fans. Let's take a look back at the good, the bad, and the ugly of a milestone game.

I'm looking to finish 2020 with the rest of the retrospectives and possibly post a few "odds and ends" articles in the new year, or else re-purpose them for Wayback Wednesday features. As always, I hope you enjoy the look back!

Check it out here!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to 25th Anniversary of NBA Live