NBA Live 15 Retrospective

Talk about our 25th Anniversary of NBA Live content here. 20th Anniversary content is also archived.

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:13 am

Although NBA Live 14 had been a rough comeback, the mere fact that it was actually released gave us hope that the series wasn't done. There was a lot of work to be done, though: modes and features needed to be added, mechanics and animations needed to be enhanced, and more authenticity was required. NBA Live 15 took a few steps in the right direction, but it wasn't a big enough jump. It was a better game than NBA Live 14, no doubt, but that was a low bar to clear. Interestingly, it also dropped a few ideas that were actually worth keeping. Let's take a closer look at the second year in NBA Live's comeback attempt, and see what went right, and what went wrong.

I'll admit that I was really pleased with how one screenshot in particular turned out; try to guess which one! As for NBA Live 15, it's one of those games that holds up a little better than I remember when I revisit it, but it definitely wasn't everything we wanted it to be.

Check it out here!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA Live 15 Retrospective

Postby [Q] on Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:50 am

Live 15 was a fun one, despite its shortcomings. I liked how in Ultimate Team you were able to get logos and retro logos to use for your team but unfortunately that was removed from future iterations. Big Moments should have stayed in as well
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Re: NBA Live 15 Retrospective

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:31 pm

Agreed on both counts. In some ways, MyTEAM has too much content, facilitating the stingy approach of one player per pack (in most packs, anyway). They do a great job having all of the retro team assets in there though, and they're fun to collect. Ultimate Team absolutely needs to have more content. I'm all for BIG Moments coming back, too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to 25th Anniversary of NBA Live