NBA Live 16 Retrospective

Talk about our 25th Anniversary of NBA Live content here. 20th Anniversary content is also archived.

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:11 pm

I have mixed feelings when I look back at NBA Live 16. On one hand, it's a very solid game that was an improvement on NBA Live 15. I also had the opportunity to play it early, and to date, that was the last community event that I attended. On the other hand, the game also introduced concepts that while fun, have since taken the series in the wrong direction upon becoming the main focus. That makes it a pivotal title in the series, and in hindsight, there were some red flags about what was to come. At the same time, the good things that it did were cause for optimism, and deserve credit. With that in mind, NBA Live 16 is a rather interesting release to reflect upon.

NBA Live 16 actually held up a bit better than I remembered when I went back to play it for this retrospective. Might be some controversial opinions in this one, but I stand by them. Enjoy!

Check it out here!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA Live 16 Retrospective

Postby [Q] on Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:52 pm

16 was fun, but the demo was actually really good and gave us enough of the online street games that I chose to play the demo for the year instead of buying the game
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Re: NBA Live 16 Retrospective

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:35 pm

That's definitely been the downside of the demos. EA have done a good job of giving people a taste of the game, and it's been necessary with so many flawed releases. At the same time, it can be enough to keep people entertained, to the point they skip the full version.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to 25th Anniversary of NBA Live