20 Years Running the NLSC

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

20 Years Running the NLSC

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:53 pm

It's tough to get my head around it, but yes, I just reached that milestone!

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: 20 Years Running the NLSC

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:25 am

20 years....

Congratulations... hard to believe how much basketball gaming has changed over the course of 20 years.

And guess what? We still play the games that were CURRENT when you first took over the NLSC.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:32 pm

Thanks! I definitely couldn't do it and produce a myriad of content without the help that you and the other NLSC Team members over the years have provided, on top of the support from the community.

It's cool that we can still enjoy many of those old games. Indeed, from time to time, I'll still play the one that led to the Altavista search that brought me to the NLSC in the first place: NBA Live 96 PC!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:55 pm

:chug:
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby sevin0seven on Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:03 am

Congrats Andrew! and thank you for all that you do for this awesome site. :cool:
"Every basketball player doesn't have to learn the exact same move. Imagination and creativity separates you from others. Dare to be different!" - Rod Strickland
sevin0seven

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:46 pm

Thanks guys!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:06 am

To expand upon my little emoji congrats above, I'm not sure I've ever shared this, but even if I have, it's worth another go. If it were not for this web site, and of course you indirectly or even directly Andrew, I would have never started PC gaming at all. Was strictly a console sports gamer my entire life, and then I came across this site and all the cool NBA Live mods when I was in college sometime around 2003 or so -- it ultimately led to me researching what I would need to add to my clunky college PC to game. I wound up taking the public bus to the local mall in my college town, and bought an nVidia video card, bought NBA Live I think 04, and I was on my way to a countless thousands of hours of graphic design, modding, gaming, posting on these forums, making friends, and overall fantastic experiences that I'm thrilled to have had. So thank you Andrew. Here's to 20 more. (Y)
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby el badman on Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:26 am

Congrats Andrew, very impressive (Y) (B)
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Lamrock on Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:08 am

20 years! I've been on these forums for more than half my life and unlike so many other things, it's still around. Thank you for all your work over the years. It brings a lot of people happiness.
Lamrock

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:03 pm

I joined the site when I was 14 and I just turned 31! I've been in and out a few times, but the journey has been amazing. And yours has been even better, 'Drew, of course! Congrats!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Maxie the Miner on Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:55 pm

Cheers and well done! :chug:
Hoops gaming favorites: Lakers vs Celtics (SEGA), NBA Live 95 (SNES), NBA Live 97 (PSOne) College Hoops 2K8 (XBOX 360), NBA 2K11 (PC), NBA 2K13 Vintage Mod (PC)
Maxie the Miner

Postby NovU on Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:40 am

Just dropped by after what it feels like is several years.

Grats, great to see this place is still intact and well.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby rise on Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:43 am

i'm super late, but wow that's wild. i was mostly active here in my teens and i'm about to turn 29. congrats to 20 years!
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby mp3 on Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:15 pm

Iam extra extra late seeing this but we have spoken on Twitter, the appreciation is real Andrew it truly is and I think it doesn't matter if you have been a member her 2 years or 20 you can see the workload this guy puts in uploading content, article after article this man provides so much to the nba gaming community and I hope to see you here another 20 years Andrew !
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Murat on Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:23 am

Seeing this thread today. I started modding thanks to this forum. My experiences in modding added up one by one and recently I started making money from 3D modelling. If it wasn't the NLSC for the experiences I had with video game modding this wouldn't happen. Andrew you are a great admin. Thank you for your efforts and I would like to thank every single user who also helped me improve my English, every single admin/moderator who was patient with me. Here's to 20 more! (B)
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Chino on Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:43 am

I haven't posted here for a long time but from time to time I will browse around to check out mods and the off topic threads. Congrats Andrew! I appreciate your roster updates back then for NBA Live series. I had great memories here in NLSC from 2005-2009(offically joined in 2007) with mods and the occasional silly posts with other members (I particularly remember McDwayne with his silly posts about Miami Heat, stealing mods and starting flame wars haha). Cheers to you Andrew! :chug:
Chino

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:24 pm

Thanks for the kind words everyone! We've certainly had some ups and downs together. Some crazy moments, some stressful times here and there, but a lot of fun as well.

I appreciate everyone who sticks with us and supports our modding community, our original content, and everything else we try to do. It isn't easy competing with social media, Reddit, Discord, and other platforms, which we inevitably have to contend with to some extent. Fansites and message boards are often looked at as being antiquated these days, which I obviously think is a real shame and myopic, but it's a stigma that we do have to overcome. So again, I appreciate everyone who keeps coming back and contributing in some way. I also love hearing stories of how people discovered the site, and that it's enhanced basketball gaming for them. It certainly has for me, too.

I don't take the kind words for granted, because we all tend to speak out more often when we're unhappy than when we're satisfied. I don't run the NLSC and create content for pats on the back, clout, or anything like that, but it is nice to hear that people are enjoying themselves and appreciate the efforts. There have been times when I've stumbled across unkind comments about me or the NLSC, either on social media or posted on other sites, and many of them have been unnecessarily personal. The thing that sucks about being a content creator - particularly in a niche community/hobby - is that one unpleasant comment can stick with you rather than the ten nice comments you got, especially if someone has gone out of their way to be nasty about it. Even if they have an understandable gripe, they've taken it way too far. I do my best not to focus on them, but to that point, it's very much appreciated when someone does go out of their way to be nice instead.

I still have fun creating basketball gaming content, and there are things I want to do with the NLSC, so like I said, I expect I'll be around for a while yet. There are a lot of platforms and content creators out there, but hopefully, we can always be there for basketball gamers. That's certainly the intention.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby scubilete on Thu May 25, 2023 10:27 am

hey hey hey, I just stopped by to say hi, and ran into this thread, so Congrats Andrew, thanks for all the stuff you did for us, all the stuff you have done & have been doing all this time.
scubilete

Postby Andrew on Thu May 25, 2023 12:21 pm

Appreciate it! I remember the awesome work you did with the NBA Live 99 rosters back in the day. Definitely a game I've come to consider overlooked!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Alejandrov011 on Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:22 pm

I'm not visiting regularly the site... but I still follow your posts on Facebok every week.

Congrats! And let's go for 20 more!!
Alejandrov011
Leading the NBA in assists since NBA Live 2001

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:48 am

How EA has not hired you at this point? Your more dedicated at this than anyone. Belated congrats, old man. :bowdown: :bowdown2:
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:21 pm

Alejandrov011 wrote:I'm not visiting regularly the site... but I still follow your posts on Facebok every week.

Congrats! And let's go for 20 more!!

Thanks, appreciate the support, and any familiar faces dropping by from time to time!

Patr1ck wrote:How EA has not hired you at this point? Your more dedicated at this than anyone. Belated congrats, old man. :bowdown: :bowdown2:

I mean, they'd have to be working on a basketball game first! I had an opportunity circa 2008, but it wouldn't have been the right move at that time. Also, the series was heading for a crash, so honestly for the best in hindsight. ;)

And thanks!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:56 am

20 years! Time flies when you’re having fun, right?

Congratulations Andrew, that’s quite a milestone. Nice to see you doing what you do best. Good luck with everything in the future too. Thanks for all the good memories!

Stay well fellow NLSC’ers!
Jackal

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:59 am

Way too fast, these days! Thanks Jackal, appreciate it!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:26 am

Damn, we that old now. Cheers for the milestone. :chug:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Next

Return to Off-Topic