EA Sports College Football

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

EA Sports College Football

Postby [Q] on Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:12 am

Rumors are that a new college game is in the works after EA's legal problems are over. Sounds like they'll be licensing the conferences and teams individually and obviously be randomizing the players and likenesses. I would imagine they'll have a way to create players and teams to make the real ones.

With them putting efforts back into a dead franchise, could Live also be in the works? Imagine the splash they'd make if they brought back College Football and Live?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Re: EA Sports College Football

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:34 pm

It's not my thing, but it's cool to see, because I know a lot of people were fans of the college football franchise and want to see it return. Having finally played some of the NCAA March Madness/NCAA Basketball series, it'd be great to see it return as well, though a strong return for NBA Live is what I'm most interested in. In any event, it's good news.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:00 am

Yeah I see alot of friends on twitter are hyped over this and like Andrew it's not my cup of tea, I used to watch a bit of NFL but when it comes to the college game, basketball including I just find it hard to stay interested but like you said Eric it is good news that EA sports have pumped some life into this and I see no reason why they can't bring nba live back because I don't even feel like it was "dead" I feel like we were on a good path, sure there were changes that needed to be made but overall fixable and now that next gen is here I'd love to see nba live 22 and especially since they have brought nba live 19 there and people are in fact starting to play it on next gen and say positive things about it too
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby [Q] on Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:18 pm

Yeah even though not Live related, the fact that they are giving a dead series another chance could only give us more of a chance for college basketball or even Live revivals. I feel like college basketball is contingent on Live having a solid base as the gameplay would be the same or similar
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:50 pm

Surly nba live could be be made into a digital only (sorry Andrew's collection) release and build on nba live. don't compete with 2k just get back to basics with it
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:53 pm

Hey, I'll take "digital only" over "non-existent" any day! If it keeps overheads low and makes it more viable, so be it. I also agree that a revival of EA's college basketball series hinges greatly on NBA Live being able to make a comeback.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:17 am

Andrew wrote:Hey, I'll take "digital only" over "non-existent" any day! If it keeps overheads low and makes it more viable, so be it. I also agree that a revival of EA's college basketball series hinges greatly on NBA Live being able to make a comeback.

This would be the one thing that would lead to me getting a next gen console.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:25 pm

I'm hoping for PC releases across the board, especially since EA's games are now on Steam as well as Origin.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Off-Topic