How to extract files from a PS3 game onto PC for modding?

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

How to extract files from a PS3 game onto PC for modding?

Postby Davvok32 on Fri May 06, 2022 9:14 am

Hi, everyone!

I'm trying to create a mod for MLB 2K12 on PC where all the button icons (which are by default XBOX icons, even tho I use a DualShock3 Controller) are replaced with PlayStation icons. So instead of it looking like this, or this, the icons are replaced by PlayStation icons (Square, X, Circle, Triangle, etc.)

One way I thought of doing this is simply by extracting the game files from the PS3 version of the game, but I honestly don't know how to do this, so I came here asking for help from you guys.

Now, I know this forum is dedicated for NBA games, but seeing how all sports games by 2K that are released each year (no matter if it's basketball, baseball, etc.) use the same engine, I thought of asking help here from you guys just in case somebody might know something.

Right now, I have my PS3 MLB 2K12 on my PC with a file structure like this:

Code: Select all
    Major League Baseball 2K12 (USA)/
    ├─ PS3_GAME/
    │  ├─ LICDIR/
    │  │  ├─ LIC.DAT
    │  ├─ TROPDIR/
    │  │  ├─ NPWR03109_00/
    │  │  │  ├─ TROPHY.TRP
    │  ├─ USRDIR/
    │  │  ├─ 0A.SDAT
    │  │  ├─ 1A
    │  │  ├─ 1B
    │  │  ├─ 1C
    │  │  ├─ EBOOT.BIN
    │  ├─ ICON0.PNG
    │  ├─ PARAM.SFO
    │  ├─ PIC1.PNG
    │  ├─ PS3LOGO.DAT
    ├─ PS3_UPDATE/
    │  ├─ PS3UPDAT.PUP
    ├─ PS3_DISC.SFB

Is there a way for me to extract content from these files, so that I can find the file which I'm looking for to replace the one on the PC?

Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so how?
This topic was moved from NBA 2K12 Modding by Andrew on Fri May 06, 2022 12:15 pm.
Davvok32

Return to Off-Topic