Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:17 am

I'm not that familiar with those two. vs. The Space Mutants and vs. The World on NES were the ones I played growing up.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:32 pm

eda wrote:Did you do that before the race or after several attempts? :)

Yep, after several attempts. Then switched it back to classic mode. :lol:

eda wrote:Besides, is there anyone in LOVE with the Metal Gear series (since the PSX)?

I do, but I haven't played 4 and 5. I would love to have MGS3 remade, however. That is my favorite MGS game.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:48 pm

Need for Speed Payback is free this month on PlayStation and I'm actually having a bit of fun playing it. It's surprisingly more fun than Gran Turismo Sport, as they actually allow you to buy, collect, and customize cars.

It's got a bit of gameplay elements from older need for speed titles I've played like Underground and Most Wanted. I was also very happy to get the Subaru right off the bat and didn't have to wait to unlock it
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:10 pm

I'll have to grab it. I generally do that with all the free games anyway because hey, the price is right, but NFS is a series I've checked in on every so often over the years. I'll admit most of my time has been spent with the original, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:19 am

NFS Payback is quite underrated. It got a bad rap when it came out because it came out at the same time as Battlefront II and car upgrades are acquired by a lootbox-type system. However the game gives you more than enough upgrades. It's not the best arcade racer I've ever played but it's very addictive and a nice throwback to PS2-era racers.
Lamrock

Postby [Q] on Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:27 am

the loot boxes aren't too bad either because it's for completely cosmetic stuff that i dont really care for. who needs underglow or horns when you're racing or running from cops lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:34 am

[Q] wrote:who needs underglow

The green glow under your car, you might say?

phpBB [video]
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:35 pm

I feel like I'm the only next-gen owner here among the regulars? I'm actually make a pretty bold move for myself and uninstall 2K21 from my PS5, not out of rage, but just because it occupies so much of my time and there's so many other games I want to play... I can literally get lost for hours on the Park, especially if I'm streaking. I also just had back-to-back toxic Park and MyTEAM matches (the MyTEAM thing was more so just the unrealistic cheese we all know plagues the game) so that's probably a sign... I literally have PS5 chat muted but can tell what people are saying once the mics come on and people stop trying after someone makes a mistake. I'll probably end up reversing this decision but I feel it's worth it for now. I just had four days off work which is a rare occurrence for me and I spent a lot of time on 2K and a lot less on other games I would like to play... time to delve into some single player content where I wont' be judged every second. :lol:

I've really become an online player as that is what comes naturally to me, but I'm sort of feeling the bug to get back into single player.

I've literally played enough basketball for a lifetime but there will probably be a classic MyTEAM player or something that will draw me back in... the recent addition of Mo Williams got me very excited.
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:42 pm

You may be one of the few that's been fortunate enough to secure one so far! Mine's projected to arrive in store for pick up on December 8th, so hopefully not long now. I can definitely relate to the phenomenon of randoms online who stop trying or playing team basketball after one mistake or a brief rough patch.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:43 am

I feel like it doesn't really matter if you play multiplayer online or single player alone, as long as you are having fun and enjoying it. I can't stand blowing so much time in 2k and not having fun. It's like a job that you aren't even getting paid to do. Video games should be fun, not a chore
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:19 pm

Definitely, and it's an annual thing since nothing carries over (which only helps them push microtransactions). It's why franchise gaming is beckoning to me again; that's not an issue there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to Off-Topic