Fallout 3

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Fallout 3

Postby Oznogrd on Sun May 23, 2010 1:59 pm

yeah i grabbed the armor and i now can take a missile to the face and not die...wow...

Thanks for helping my noob ass guys.
Oznogrd
Gummy bears are stupid and delicious!

Postby Oznogrd on Tue May 25, 2010 10:05 am

Welp beat the game and got what i assume is the "good" ending today. Havent decided what I'm doing on my next playthrough for the neutral/evil stuff but i know im going to do "strictly business" and attempt the neutral/evil achieve.
Oznogrd
Gummy bears are stupid and delicious!

Postby Andrew on Tue May 25, 2010 2:22 pm

I still say get Broken Steel for the real good and bad endings. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Wed May 26, 2010 12:43 am

Agreed. Plus that pack gives a lot of.... Aqua Pura.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Wed May 26, 2010 3:00 am

I'm tempted to get Broken Steel now, but my saved datas are gone, so...
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Wed May 26, 2010 9:51 am

Lean wrote:Agreed. Plus that pack gives a lot of.... Aqua Pura.

Depending on one's actions, of course. :twisted:

ZanShadow wrote:I'm tempted to get Broken Steel now, but my saved datas are gone, so...

That's just an opportunity to play it through again. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Wed May 26, 2010 7:17 pm

Andrew wrote:
Lean wrote:Agreed. Plus that pack gives a lot of.... Aqua Pura.

Depending on one's actions, of course. :twisted:

You are wicked Andrew. :shake:
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu May 27, 2010 11:00 am

Actually, I usually take the good path. I don't know if it's a reflection of my personality or simply because it's easier when you're not hated by everyone...perhaps a little of both. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby kevin02 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:11 am

I just played through fallout 3 and really enjoyed it. I'm probably going to get broken steel because there is still a lot of side quests I haven't started yet. However I think I enjoyed Oblivion more then fallout 3 although they are both great games.
kevin02

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:24 am

As I've said before, if you only get one DLC pack then make it Broken Steel. Open-ended gameplay and the real ending(s). (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:54 am

Still have my other game on the PC going but decided to start fresh with a new character (female this time) and taking the evil route, just to finish exploring some of the other options before New Vegas comes out. Megaton is already a smoking crater. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:36 pm

You Wasteland Wanderer you.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:09 pm

I've gotta say, it's fun to take the evil path for a change. To ensure my character is just that much more of a bitch though, I often pick the "polite" conversation choices...then blow someone's head off when they least expect it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:23 pm

I normally buy stuff at stores and steal the caps I've paid for those after the conversation so uhh, I'm not as evil as you -- in the Wasteland anyways. :lol:
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:28 am

Personally, I blame watching Kill Bill the other weekend. My character's even blonde with a Chinese Officer's Sword on hand (even though I'm not really a melee player)...kicking myself for not calling her Beatrix. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:30 am

If you up your melee and get some good melee weapons, its very fun just beating npc's to death.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lean on Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:26 am

Andrew wrote:Personally, I blame watching Kill Bill the other weekend. My character's even blonde with a Chinese Officer's Sword on hand (even though I'm not really a melee player)...kicking myself for not calling her Beatrix. :lol:

For shame :shake: You could have named her Kiddo at least. :lol:
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:54 am

Pdub wrote:If you up your melee and get some good melee weapons, its very fun just beating npc's to death.

I am going to build it up a little quicker than I normally would, just to put the sword to better use.

Lean wrote:For shame :shake: You could have named her Kiddo at least. :lol:

I know. Although the thought just occurred to me, I could probably just change it using the console.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:23 pm

So, here's a short list of my deeds on my evil play through. I've just finished the original main quest and most of the side quests, at Level 24 and now only have Agatha's Song, the quest line from Broken Steel and the expansion packs left to complete. Since the game's been out for a couple of years now I won't bother with the spoiler tags, anyone who hasn't played it yet and doesn't want spoilers might want to skip over my post.

• Blew up Megaton (of course)

• Promised Ronald Laren a threesome if he collected the Nuka-Cola Quantum instead. Followed him, watched him get killed by a Radscorpion, took hsi stuff. Sure, I could've easily killed him myself, but that wasn't quite bitchy enough for this particularly character.

• Completed Blood Ties, got the blood pack perk from Vance, then killed everyone in Meresti and took his Vampire's Edge sword.

• Killed Roy Phillips and his followers, ensuring they didn't take over Tenpenny Tower.

• Burned Harold and then killed everyone in Oasis.

• Restored Harkness' memory, got his rifle and then told Zimmerman about him anyway.

• After being confronted by Victoria Watts and given the android component, I hid around the next corner and waited for her to come by, then sneaked up behind her and killed her with one sword strike.

• Killed the Overseer in Trouble of the Homefront. I actually didn't intend to do this as I wanted to get the modified utility jumpsuit, but he turned hostile when I was spotted by Officer Wilkins so I didn't have a choice.

• Killed Greta when she went out on her smoke break to acquire Charon's contract.

• Completed Strictly Business, enslaving all four targets.

• Killed Anna Holt when I found her in Raven Rock (still kind of weird you get negative karma for that, given how she betrayed everyone).

• Killed various wastelanders from random encounters, sometimes after first saving them.

• General thievery.

I have completed a few quests doing the good karma route, but still maintain a Very Evil karma level. While the later quests are better suited to guns, I have been using melee weapons a lot more especially the Shishkebab. In fact I'm using custom weapons a lot more than I used to and trying not to keep too many things in storage without ever using them, as I'm looking to try the last few things I haven't really done on previous playthroughs before New Vegas comes out.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lean on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:51 pm

Andrew wrote:Killed Anna Holt when I found her in Raven Rock (still kind of weird you get negative karma for that, given how she betrayed everyone).

I don't get that either. Maybe because she's classified as a civilian.

Andrew wrote:In fact I'm using custom weapons a lot more than I used to...

Ditto, although I'm not really a fan of the Rock-It Launcher. On second thought, using that launcher would be a great training ground for New Vegas's Hardcore Mode.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:33 pm

The thing I dislike about the rock-it launcher is the weight of the ammo.

I wonder if Ronald Laren always dies when you let him get the bottles. I chose the same route but didn't follow him and never finished the quest.

I am kind of itching to play again.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lean on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:05 pm

Pdub wrote:The thing I dislike about the rock-it launcher is the weight of the ammo.

Same. The first time I used it I was happy about it because of the damage that it deals plus you can pick up the ammo that you shot. But later I think I just grew tired about it.

I was more fond of the Nuka Grenade.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:24 am

Lean wrote:I don't get that either. Maybe because she's classified as a civilian.

I'm guess her karma level just isn't reset after she switches sides, or she's not considered completely evil compared to the rest of the Enclave. It's worth the karma hit in my opinion (and since my current character is evil, it doesn't really matter anyway).

Lean wrote:Ditto, although I'm not really a fan of the Rock-It Launcher. On second thought, using that launcher would be a great training ground for New Vegas's Hardcore Mode.

Yeah me neither, but that's a good point about Hardcore Mode. The Railway Rifle is great though and the Dart Gun is great for handling Deathclaws. Shishkebab is awesome.

Pdub wrote:I wonder if Ronald Laren always dies when you let him get the bottles. I chose the same route but didn't follow him and never finished the quest.

Apparently he does. Even if he makes it to the Bottling Plant alive, he'll just wait in the lobby while you complete the quest and when you return to the lobby, he'll be inexplicably dead.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:01 am

Getting close to being able to put it aside again, basically just the main quest line of Broken Steel and Mothership Zeta yet to be done and about halfway to Level 30.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:48 am

Holy crap. Hard to believe you're still playing this game. How many hours did you put in already?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic