Gran Turismo 6

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Gran Turismo 6

Postby Lamrock on Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:08 am

Just when I thought the last S License event made me shelve the game for good, they actually add an update of substance for once. I'll get to it once I finish my backlog of games. Looks interesting!
Lamrock

Postby [Q] on Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:02 pm

man, I haven't been able to play this with all the new updates. My game doesn't install the updates properly
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:48 am

What happens when you try and update the game?
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby [Q] on Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:05 pm

It downloads and installs fine, but when I go into the game it tries to install in the game and it takes forever and eventually says that an error occurred and stops
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:41 pm

Quick look and I found this. Not sure if it helps or not.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-installatio ... ed-update/
An alternative solution for certain cases when a message stating “Installation has failed” during the update process involves exiting the game and restarting it several times. Should that fail, users will have to delete GT6’s existing game data from their PS3 and create a new file by restarting the game.

(1) Go to the XMB (Cross media bar) > [GAME] > [GAME DATA (PS3)] and press the X button to enter the menu. (DO NOT DELETE ANY CONTENTS OF [SAVE DATA].)
(2) Select [Gran Turismo 6] and press the △ button.
(3) The option menu will appear. Select “Delete” and press the ○ button.
(4) Go to the XMB (Cross media bar) > [GAME] > [Gran Turismo 6] and press the ○ button to start the game. After the game starts, download and installation of updates will be started.

Deleting the game data will not erase saved game progress, garage content, or accumulated credits, but it will erase all previous update files and saved replay data. Replay data exported from the game and copied to the PS3 or an external drive can be restored once the game data file has been created.

In the comments of that article a guy said that it was an ISP issue and that it may work if you take it to a friends house and download + install the updates.

I had an issue with updating the game a while back. I would start the game and then the update screen would come up, but it would fail. So, without starting the game, I just clicked triangle and "check for update". It downloaded and installed properly and haven't had an issue since. Not sure if that is relevant to your situation though.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby [Q] on Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:20 am

So I read that my installation issues have been because I missed more than one update and these new updates are so big they should be installed one at a time. I deleted all of the updates and am in the middle of reinstalling them one at a time to see if I can get this back up and running

I definitely want to try the new course and Midfield and I heard they updated Suzuka
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:09 am

I love midfield but unless they bring back Seattle as well my ps3 stays put away
Lamrock

Postby [Q] on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:01 am

I liked the time attack challenge. Brings back nostalgia from old arcade games
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Fri May 20, 2016 4:45 pm

Gran Turismo Sport is coming out in November on PS4.

Supposedly this isn't "Gran Turismo 7", but rather a spinoff game like the prologue games.

phpBB [video]

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-s ... vember-15/
The important takeaways:

- As mentioned, the full retail release is set for November 15, 2016 in North America. The EU release date is November 16, and the UK must wait until November 18.
- The game will feature over 130 cars, including new PD-created race versions of existing models. All cars will feature an interior view, and have been built from scratch for PS4.
- 19 tracks at launch, with 27 variations, including new additions Northern Isle Speedway and Tokyo Expressway.
- Tarmac and rally racing to be featured.
- For the first time in GT history, a livery editor is included!
- 117 Events are available offline.
- In addition to the above, the FIA championship will be a primary feature of the game. A digital licensing feature will be available in 22 countries, a number likely to grow before launch.
- The Nations Cup and Manufacturer Fan Cup first announced at GT Sport’s original reveal will be present.
- GT Sport will feature a renewed Museum mode, last seen in GT5.
- Photomode has received an overhaul with the inclusion of “Scapes“. Hundreds will be available for players to chose from, with no limit on cars included in the shot.
- Photomode will have a 4K output option, much as GT5 and GT6 do.
- A focus on social features fosters an entire community within the game.

I like that they have built all the cars from scratch and we are finally getting a livery editor.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby JaoSming on Fri May 20, 2016 4:50 pm

All the environments look really bad IMO. Grass, buildings.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby [Q] on Fri May 20, 2016 5:03 pm

Focus has never really been on environments in the series, though I thought GT 4 & 5 environments were really good for their time.

I like the camera mode, now that I actually know how to use one. Wonder if they'll build off this one and call it GT7 like most games are doing now (releasing half-finished games looking to build on it for years)
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:04 pm

Got GT Sport today. Off to a slightly frustrating start though.

First there was the 12gb update that you have to download immediately (Isn't that always fun?). And now the pre-order bonus DLC code isn't working, so no gift cars or 500k credits :cry:

The game itself looks great and the physics are good. I've only driven a few cars, but it seems like the engine sounds have improved also.

So far I've only golded all the beginner level driving school events.

It's very obvious that this game is all about racing cars, not collecting or modifying them. But hopefully they will add a bunch more stuff through DLC like in previous games.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby [Q] on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:23 am

Hmm I might pass on this game or maybe in a couple years when it's on deep discount I'll get it.

It's crazy to think how big of a part this game played in my life and to not want to get this game. This game is the reason why I bought an 04 sti a few years back lol

I guess I can pull out gt5 if I get the urge to play
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:29 pm

Yeah, I've been a little underwhelmed by the game so far. Not necessarily because of the game itself, but just because of what the previous games were like.

Without the whole modding aspect it kind of feels like playing arcade mode. I'm getting all this prize money, except I don't have anything that I want to spend it on.

Most of the cars are racing versions and I don't really care about driving them.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Lamrock on Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:14 am

My favorite aspect of Gran Turismo games has always been the grinding aspect, where you start with a shitty car, then work your way up until you have a stable of cars to use to complete the various events. Forza pretty much copied GT's simulation mode in the first couple games, but the emphasis shifted towards leveling up, and it eventually got to the point where you could get a hypercar in the first hour of playing. GT4 was probably the last game to have the "true" early-game Simulation Mode experience, as the next two games were pretty generous in terms of credits.

In theory, that's not a bad thing. It feels odd to complain about earning too many credits after playing a game like 2K18, but most racing games on PS4 are missing that sense of progression. A game like Forza 6 is, on paper, everything I could want in a racing game. And yet, I find myself wanting to dig out my PS2 and play Tokyo Xtreme Racer, a terrible racing game that's as addictive as crack. If I liked playing games online, I might appreciate the way racers are designed nowadays, but I don't, and feel like I'm left in the dust because of it.

GT: Sport is a good game. Certainly isn't my cup of tea, but the demo exceeded my expectations. I've been a huge GT fan since playing GT2 as a kid, so I couldn't resist renting it from Redbox today. Unfortunately, the game didn't carry over my progress from the demo like it said it did. Not the end of the world, but that's a couple hours of license tests and challenges to redo. I must say, the physics and graphics are top-notch, though I've never driven a sports car. There are a lot of new courses - while I miss classic original tracks like Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, Midfield, and others, it's refreshing to see new content, whereas Forza 7 literally has one new track.

The car selection leaves something to be desired, but it might force me to buy cars other than nostalgia favorites like the '99 Viper GTS and Ford GT40. However, I've seen some cars that aren't available in the showroom in races, so maybe there's more to unlock here than I thought..

Sport is a different from other games in the series. While I'd prefer Gran Turismo 7, and probably won't buy this until it becomes very cheap, I'm not mad because they made it clear what they were selling. They put out a comprehensive demo that made it clear that the single player experience would be secondary to online play, and that this would largely be a glorified GT: Prologue. They're trying something new, and though it's not really for me, I'm glad they're doing it. If I really want to relive the experience of spending hours racing to save up for a Lotus Esprit, I'll go to my mom's house and dig out my PS2.

I will have this game for the next couple days at least. My PSN name is Lamrock93 if you want to race or whatever.
Lamrock

Postby Phil89 on Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:38 am

Nice new update is out.

They have added a mini version of the old A-Spec mode.

12 new cars added as well.
- Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) (N300)
- Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32) (N300)
- Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) (N300)
- Ford F-150 SVT Raptor (N400)
- Lamborghini Countach LP400 (N400)
- Ferrari F40 (N500)
- Ferrari Enzo Ferrari (N700)
- KTM X-BOW R (N300)
- Suzuki Swift Sport (N100)
- Volkswagen Samba Bus Type 2 (T1) (N100)
- Chris Holstrom Concepts 1967 Chevy Nova (N700)
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3) (N300)
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Lamrock on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:27 am

I like this game a lot more than I expected to. The campaign is still sparse, but the missions are fun, and I love the Track Experience mode. This update coupled with the price going down makes the game worth buying in my opinion. While it's not a "classic" Gran Turismo experience in terms of the single player component, there's enough content here to warrant the purchase, and the online mode is fairly well executed. Looking forward to future updates such as new cars and remastered courses.
Lamrock

Postby Phil89 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:46 pm

I've done two of the endurance races in the past couple of days. Really brought back memories of the old games. Spending an hour going around the same track repeatedly is mentally challenging, but the feeling of satisfaction when you cross the finish line for the final time makes it all worth it.

One more endurance race to do and then I've completed the whole GT League section (Y) (until they add some more).
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Phil89 on Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz-O74SmTSQ
phpBB [video]

It seems like they have taken the best parts of their previous games and put them all together into this one. Career mode, vehicle upgrades/tuning, used car dealership, livery editor. At least one classic old track, hopefully there are more.

I'm cautiously optimistic. But they have over-promised and under-delivered in the past.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby [Q] on Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:04 pm

Right? I bought GT Sport at the beginning of the year on sale for $15 and played through the campaign a little bit. It was cool to play with newer more modern cars, and a bit reminiscent of the older titles the way you could buy and collect them. However not being able to buy parts was a bummer.

I can't imagine how annoyed I would have been had I gotten the game when it was released.

Even if they go back to the old ways I'm not sure if GT7 is an insta-buy for me like GT used to be when I was younger. GT Sport didn't give me that excitement the old games did even though I still had fun playing it. Maybe I'm just older now and grew out of it? Same thing happened to me with the new Hitman games. Loved the older ones, thought the new ones were okay but nothing special.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:37 pm

Gran Turismo is still a system seller for me, even though I think the series peaked with GT4. My favorite part of these games is the car collection and building yourself up from nothing. Other than Need for Speed it seems like current racing games have switched to giving access to most of the content right off the bat. That may well be an approach people prefer but what set GT apart from even Forza was how it was a casual racing sim that had a video game-y progression system that made the games so addictive.

I'll eventually get it, but whether or not I buy it on release day depends on when it comes out. If it's some bullshit like GT5 that shipped (still incomplete) four years into the console's lifespan I'm not that interested but if it's a launch title, that gives me a gorgeous looking game to play on a brand new system.
Lamrock

Postby [Q] on Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:43 pm

I think they have learned from their mistakes and that it will be a complete game when released. They may have tried to align the stars for it to be a release title but knowing their history, probably not.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:20 pm

I don't know how I managed to do this, but I'm glad the finish line was right there :lol:

My Stories
Phil89

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:27 pm

Finishing in style!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:50 am

Phil89 wrote:I don't know how I managed to do this, but I'm glad the finish line was right there :lol:

[ Image ]

What's your psn name? Maybe we can get a few races in
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic