SiC2K Team MODS (PROJ. REBORN 2023 ROSTER, JERSEYS, CFS MODS)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: SiC2K Team MODS (PROJ-ReBORN 2021 ROSTER, JERSEYS, CFS MODS)

Postby SiC2KK on Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:04 am

no screenshots yet, but I will post later this week.
"Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise."

- Kobe Bryant

SiC2KK

Postby SiC2KK on Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:21 pm

ROSTER UPATE V2.4 IS NOW LIVE! YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT AT OUR SITE
SIC2KMODS.STRIKINGLY.COM HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL!
"Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise."

- Kobe Bryant

SiC2KK

Postby Simonn-Lee on Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:46 am

Awesome!!!!!
:applaud: I just went to the site and wander is it the one that uploaded on Dec.30.2021?
Simonn-Lee

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:47 am

Simonn-Lee wrote:
2kSimBaller wrote:This is frustrating I can't download your mods. I've tried turning off my anti virus/malware and still your files does not come up. I keep getting advertisement windows popping up.

Can anyone please email me the files for this mod or help me how to go about getting the files. I would really appreciate it I've been tryin but just can't get it to work. Thanks.

The links are working, I just tried the MEGA link.
Just allow any ads and all notifications.......and also lower the security level of your browser.

I completely disagree with this... do not allow ads and notifications. Your browser can get infected and other issues can occur.

Trust me, I have been down this road.

Also, DO NOT lower your browser's security settings to get a mod.

The mods shouldn't be this troubling to get, the act of putting mods behind walls of ads is strongly discouraged in this community. And, most modders make hardly anything from said ads.

I would encourage the creators of this mod to NOT put the links behind ad walls.

We have the NLSC downloads facilities that can be used, and it would make it so the mods are preserved for the long haul.

Mediafire and MEGA links without ads are also appropriate, and easy for users to access without any risk.

But again, to any users looking in this thread. I recommend that you NOT allow ads and notifications, and do not lower your browser security settings.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby SiC2KK on Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:20 pm

Simonn-Lee wrote:Awesome!!!!!
:applaud: I just went to the site and wander is it the one that uploaded on Dec.30.2021?

yes that one.

- Kobe Bryant

SiC2KK

Postby SiC2KK on Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:22 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
Simonn-Lee wrote:
2kSimBaller wrote:This is frustrating I can't download your mods. I've tried turning off my anti virus/malware and still your files does not come up. I keep getting advertisement windows popping up.

Can anyone please email me the files for this mod or help me how to go about getting the files. I would really appreciate it I've been tryin but just can't get it to work. Thanks.

Just allow any ads and all notifications.......and also lower the security level of your browser.

I completely disagree with this... do not allow ads and notifications. Your browser can get infected and other issues can occur.

The mods shouldn't be this troubling to get, the act of putting mods behind walls of ads is strongly discouraged in this community. And, most modders make hardly anything from said ads.

I would encourage the creators of this mod to NOT put the links behind ad walls.

We have the NLSC downloads facilities that can be used, and it would make it so the mods are preserved for the long haul.

Mediafire and MEGA links without ads are also appropriate, and easy for users to access without any risk.

But again, to any users looking in this thread. I recommend that you NOT allow ads and notifications, and do not lower your browser security settings.

i don't encourage them to allow ads and notifcations, they can use adblocker on the site and it wont have any problem. :)

- Kobe Bryant

SiC2KK

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:07 am

You are either missing the point, or doing selective reading. Also, I don't appreciate the use of a smiley emoji here, when I am clearly not kidding, this is actually an ongoing issue with mod releases.

The use of these ads often has users believing that they have to allow ads and notifications in order to get to the mod, that is how the ads are designed, they are put forth the way they are for a reason. It's incredibly deceptive and misleading, and often when people do allow the ads and notifications, browsers get infected, sometimes items get installed on people's computers, even things like IP address theft can happen as you are now vulnerable (especially if you turn your browser security down like the user above suggested)

It isn't as simple as saying "use adblocker". Not everybody knows what that is or how to get it, nor should they have to in order to get a mod. At the very least the use of all of these ads is a decently sized inconvenience for the person trying to download the mod, and at the worst a threat to their security and CPU in general.

I have talked to a lot of modders about this, most make VERY little to nothing off of these ads. Sometimes dollars or pennies overtime. I will NEVER believe it is worth inconveniencing people or putting them at risk.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby SiC2KK on Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:29 am

my bad, i'll just put the direct link on it, for the safety of everyone

- Kobe Bryant

SiC2KK

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:04 am

SiC2KK wrote:my bad, i'll just put the direct link on it, for the safety of everyone

Thank you.

Listen, I love the fact that 2K17 is still being modded. It is my favorite 2K on the PS4/X1 gen. Gameplay is still far superior in my opinion to the newer 2ks.

From all the previews, this mod looks great. I wish more single season rosters were made for this game.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Ritenis on Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:22 pm

Hello,

I just installed your mod, followed all your instructions, but whenever I try to play, my game crashes on the loading screen - always at 93% mark. What could be the issue here?
Ritenis

Postby Simonn-Lee on Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:33 am

Dee4Three wrote:
Simonn-Lee wrote:

Yes u're right sir, I forgot to mention that we could disable the ads in the browser settings afterwards......
even though, it's still not safe enough. But that's the one way to get this mod :| :|
and maybe we take this(putting ads for linkd) for granted these years, which it's bad
Simonn-Lee

Postby MarfredC on Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:09 am

Hi there, hope you're doing well, i would like to know how to use mod enable court, i mean, how i activate the mod, before launch the game or when the game is already on, thanks.
MarfredC

Postby rickierhcp on Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:44 am

The link to the courts is broken. Could you put a new one please?
rickierhcp

Postby SiC2KK on Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:03 pm

Just Uploaded! UPDATE FOR NBA 2K17 ROSTER

TRADE DEADLINES AND PORTRAITS ARE NOW FINISHED!! :100: :100:

- Kobe Bryant

SiC2KK

Postby Simonn-Lee on Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:31 am

v2.5a is awesome!!!!
Just tried a couple games, it's fun!
Except for some unmatched jersey numbers LOL
Great job guys (Y) (Y) (Y)
This roster is almost as complete as the roster u made last year! :D :D
(Yes, almost :lol: last year is fabulious, but I understand that this u guys add a lot more stuff like cyberfaces, so it's much tougher)
Simonn-Lee

Postby sticky-fingers on Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:04 am

My security software says

this website because it may contain riskware.

We strongly recommend you do not continue.

so i had to use an online browser to grab the url

And ESPN presentation download is protected by a password.
sticky-fingers

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:32 am

Why is the ESPN Presentation password protected?

Also, do you have any idea how frustrating this is for people trying to download these mods? And also how it could be harmful? (Viruses, malware, etc)

This is what it looks like when attempting to download the reshade. Look at the window that pops up and what is displayed, and look at the adfly pages that do not allow me to pass through. I KNOW for a fact you are not making decent money on this mod for a 5 year old game. Do you really believe this is worth it?

phpBB [video]

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby SiC2KK on Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:38 pm

Hi Dee4Three, I'm just re-uploading the works of others with their permission and original links.

- Kobe Bryant

SiC2KK

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:19 am

SiC2KK wrote:Hi Dee4Three, I'm just re-uploading the works of others with their permission and original links.

That doesnt make it okay. And there is no reason to password protect these files. If you are uploading the files and sharing them on here, you are just as guilty as the person who created the mods.

None of your releases on here should be password protected (unless you release the password with the link on this thread). The only reason I can see people password protecting is to initiate some external reach out in order to either charge for mods, get them to join a specific group, or both.

As far as the ads/adfly. That is concerning for the reasons I stated. The majority of people do not have adblocker and run into what I showed in that video, which is NOT good.

These practices happening in this thread are a cause for concern. Both the password protecting of releases, and pummeling people with ads and sketchy websites on mod releases.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Canteniko on Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:37 am

SIC, How are you? i´m canteniko and i´d made a few cyberfaces to contribte for your project. Playing the last days a realise that wen i play with the bucks the court looks black, the home and the altrnative court. do you know how to fix it? another issue is the hair texture for the converted player, ther´s any tutorial?
Canteniko

Postby Simonn-Lee on Fri May 06, 2022 11:25 am

Canteniko wrote:SIC, How are you? i´m canteniko and i´d made a few cyberfaces to contribte for your project. Playing the last days a realise that wen i play with the bucks the court looks black, the home and the altrnative court. do you know how to fix it? another issue is the hair texture for the converted player, ther´s any tutorial?

for the first question, the most simple way to solve it is to remove the f001.iff in the modded folder
second question, ask him:https://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=225&t=113757&p=2063464#p2063464
he seems to master at this
by the way, the cyberfaces u made looks good, but the skin color and body types seems need to solve :)
Simonn-Lee

Postby SiC2KK on Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:53 am

Sorry for no update guys, i've been busy this past months and now Im currently making the v3 for the 2022-2023 roster! :)

- Kobe Bryant

SiC2KK

Postby BLXCK on Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:20 pm

SiC2KK wrote:Sorry for no update guys, i've been busy this past months and now Im currently making the v3 for the 2022-2023 roster! :)

Waiting desperately for the update, really like playing this on 2K17. (Y)
BLXCK

Postby Thunder Shaq on Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:22 pm

I wanted to download this, but none of your download links work properly because of the adfly service
Thunder Shaq

Postby SiC2KK on Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:37 am

hi man, will upload the direct link soon. just fixing my pc.

- Kobe Bryant

SiC2KK

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding