NBA Live 19 Ultimate Team

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

NBA Live 19 Ultimate Team

Postby zzcoolj21 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:45 pm

Might as well start a thread now that people have been in the mode.

Love the content this year. Lack of league wide content was a big problem in 18. Only the big stars got more than 1 card. Good to see throwbacks are back as well.

The bottom of the cards show the year the version is based on.

Hopefully we see a lot of content this year.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Re: NBA Live 19 Ultimate Team

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:26 pm

Throwback content...very nice. Even if it could stand to have some extra functionality, the content and improved gameplay should make it a fun experience.

Glad to hear they got rid of contracts. It feels like an outdated concept that just gets in the way of the fun of using your best players and crazy lineups, which is kind of the whole point after all.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:42 pm

Yeah in Live 18, I had so many contracts, it actually just became busy work to keep that up. Contracts were a grindy way of getting people to buy more with real money. Glad to see them get rid of it
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:09 pm

It was also a pain if you had to quit a game, or there was a network error or game crash. I've wasted a few contracts through the latter unfortunately happening.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:06 pm

Some interesting information about pack odds and displaying information on probability: https://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/ ... robability

To help you make informed decisions in building the team you want to play with, this year we are introducing a new change when purchasing player packs in the store, display pack probabilities in the store prior to purchasing in NBA LIVE 19. The goal with showing pack probabilities in LUT is to help you make decisions on where you want to invest your coins and time. Probabilities will help provide you with more detail on the likelihood of what you will get in packs you purchase. While NBA LIVE 19 received many new upgrades and features, the store should look generally the same to returning gamers. You’ll now just have an additional tool to keep building your team.

By going into the store in LUT and hitting View Details, you’ll be able to see the pack probabilities before officially selecting a pack.

How Pack Probabilities Work

The main page for each pack will show you how many items are in it. The View Details button will show you additional probability information about the pack, broken down by the likelihood of getting certain categories of Items.

For instance, a pack might show that you have a 100 percent likelihood of getting a category of Items that’s rated 75 or above. That means it will give you at least one player that’s 75+ rated. Any category of players or items listed at 100 percent will always be awarded to you. Every pack description in the LUT Store also lists how many items you will receive in total. All of this is designed so you can have the information that will help you better understand what the pack will contain.

OVR Bands

Due to the thousands of players that could appear in most packs, we are grouping ranges of players together by what we are calling OVR bands. Packs that advertise a specific type of content will either guarantee that content or provide the probability of getting it in a pack. In general, the higher an OVR band, the lower the probability of getting it.

Sounds like they're aiming for more transparency, which is definitely welcome. Hopefully odds are fair, but at least we'll be able to make an informed choice, from the sounds of things.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:18 pm

For normal packs that makes sense. I hope they post probabilities for each legend in legend packs too. So I know whether I want to go for a rare card like Wilt in 18
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:40 am

For sure. The more transparency, the better.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:33 am

Still wondering if there's gonna be more legends added. It's nice to see guys like White Chocolate and Latrell Sprewell added in.

Do you think there should be more than just NBA players added? If it's possible, I personally think it would be cool to see the WNBA players and some street legends included.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:28 am

I think that'd a be a fun idea, so I wouldn't say no. I'd prioritise adding more NBA Legends, but any new content would be welcome.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:08 am

Another new card leaked
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:34 am

It's past midnight here in Australia, so my game is activated. Just looking through Ultimate Team now, and it looks like there's some great content this year. 5 GM lists to complete, too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:34 am

I think with Franchise mode being limited, I may dive into LUT this year with a little more force.

Looking forward to seeing all of your progress Shinron and others.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:43 am

The removal of contracts and a host of out-of-the-box content makes it a lot more accessible this year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:19 am

shinron15 wrote:[ Image ]
Another new card leaked

LOL so much for "Ason Kidd"

Not a fan of putting people in if there are glaring mistakes in the ratings. Yao Ming with no mid-range last year was a joke
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:20 am

I hope they can update/fix stuff like that this year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:01 am

First team after grinding for a few hours. Love the fact that you can get lower rated legends early on like in Madden.
RayRay_953

Postby Andrew on Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:22 am

Looking good! I like the approach to LUT this year; even though it's not necessarily deeper in terms of sub modes, the content and functionality feels a lot better and even more inviting.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:47 am

The lower rated players kind of threw me off. I wound up getting a Julius Randle card at 60 in my starter pack but last year I remember having a gold 80 card of him
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:16 am

Got through draft hype 13-18, and discarded two of the players not knowing that I would have to have 12 active 13-18 players to player the 7-12... now I can't find them on the Auction House...

If anybody has completed those challenges and wants to get rid of two 13-18 players.. that would be helpful.... I'll buy them for 200-400 gold coins a piece.

I've been grinding for a couple hours, I've played a lot of the rookie challenges. Close to having enough coins for Drexler.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:34 am

Dee4Three wrote:Got through draft hype 13-18, and discarded two of the players not knowing that I would have to have 12 active 13-18 players to player the 7-12... now I can't find them on the Auction House...

If anybody has completed those challenges and wants to get rid of two 13-18 players.. that would be helpful.... I'll buy them for 200-400 gold coins a piece.

I've been grinding for a couple hours, I've played a lot of the rookie challenges. Close to having enough coins for Drexler.

Sadly, you can't auction the Draft Hype players. I think you can do the 6-1 challenges without the 7-12 Draft Players due to a glitch (I was able to do that without the draft players).
RayRay_953

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:35 am

shinron15 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:Got through draft hype 13-18, and discarded two of the players not knowing that I would have to have 12 active 13-18 players to player the 7-12... now I can't find them on the Auction House...

Sadly, you can't auction the Draft Hype players. I think you can do the 6-1 challenges without the 7-12 Draft Players due to a glitch (I was able to do that without the draft players).

So wait.. I'm screwed for the 7-12 challenges? That doesn't make much sense... there has to be a way

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:38 am

Dee4Three wrote:
shinron15 wrote:

So wait.. I'm screwed for the 7-12 challenges? That doesn't make much sense... there has to be a way

Basically, yes (although that's on EA's fault for not giving a warning on the card). Is there a way to replay the challenges and get them again? I remember in the Hero challenges in 18, you could replay the games and get the players again.
RayRay_953

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:54 am

I still havnt figured out how to play that 7-12 challenge.

But, through some grinding I was able to put together a squad that I can atleast have some more fun with.

Cousy, a young Drexler, Nuggets Melo, Elvin Hayes and Patrick Ewing. On the bench I have Sean Elliot, and a very poorly rated Moses and Dawkins.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby RayRay_953 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:24 am

Dee4Three wrote:I still havnt figured out how to play that 7-12 challenge.

But, through some grinding I was able to put together a squad that I can atleast have some more fun with.

Cousy, a young Drexler, Nuggets Melo, Elvin Hayes and Patrick Ewing. On the bench I have Sean Elliot, and a very poorly rated Moses and Dawkins.

[ Image ]

Nice team to start with. I just snagged a 79 OVR Dawkins for 3k. Nice to see that they boosted his midrange rating from 18; hoping they do the same to guys like Hakeem, Yao, McHale, etc.
RayRay_953

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:38 am

Thanks!

Here is my first game with that squad. Played against a regular team.

I've been working hard at getting better in the post, so you will see some post work in this video (Ewing, Hayes, Dawkins). Also, check out Melo at 2:06. So realistic, that move felt great.

phpBB [video]

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Next

Return to NBA Live 19