Feedback, Suggestions, & Requests

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

Re: Feedback, Suggestions, & Requests

Postby skoadam on Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:52 am

Dee4Three, I have Small request, can you please post screenshots of simulated whole seasons from 2k19 and Live ? League leaders(ppg,apg,rpg) , team stats, standings, awards. I want to check how sim engine work.
Image Image Image

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [41 Complete Seasons Mods + Bonus Rosters]

2022/2023 2021/2022 2020/2021 2019/2020 2018/2019 2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016 2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013
2011/2012 2010/2011 2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006 2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003
2001/2002 2000/2001 1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996 1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993
1991/1992 1990/1991 1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986 1984/1985 1969/1970 1961/1962
skoadam
U R Basketball - Where Sim Happens
Contributor

Postby [Q] on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:27 am

Dee4Three wrote:This is where Live 19 comes up short, I am a perfect example of this right now.

LUT has issues with dunk packages not being assigned to classic players. At the moment, my interest in LUT is low or non existent because of that issue, and I don't like playing online.

This leaves me with a bare bones franchise mode where I only have the option to use one current team, and it has to be the current NBA, or play now.... play now would only be suitable right now to make videos for my channel.

I've been able to fix some of the movement issues in 2K19 and give myself a slightly better experience, and while the gameplay isn't as good as Live 19 (I'd give the gameplay on 2K19 a 5/10, and Live 19 a 7/10), 2K19 has more depth. Not just because I'm on PC either, just overall more to do.

This is why it's vital for EA Sports to make the game deeper mode/feature wise for offline players. Once playing online gets tiring to people, or they complete all the challenges on LUT, they won't really want to play the game anymore, they will want something else to jump into. One these teenagers turn into young adults, and alot of them stop playing online or seldom do, most won't just stop playing basketball games, they will change gaming habits.

I want to play Live 19 right now, but I want my games to mean something, and players to play the right way in LUT, so at the moment I'm at a stale mate.

Yeah that's what happened last year where once I was done with the one, all that was left was ultimate team and that kept me busy the rest of the season.

I don't find myself playing as much now, but I haven't gotten to the league yet and hopefully they will fix ultimate team. Court battles is cool, there's a bit of replayability there
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:09 am

I saw Dee got a response on Twitter regarding the dunk packages being addressed, so that's good news.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:48 pm

I visited a friend of mine the other day and he had Live 19. So, I played it a while and was actually quite impressed.

First thing I noticed was players now shooting more, a lot more, from the outside. This, to me, is a huge step since it was one of my 2 or 3 pet peeves.

The movement of the players, the help on defense, the animations all look great to me.

I do think the blocked shots can be toned down some, but that may be how often they happen in real life since I haven't watched a basketball game in over 30 years. If that is realistic than they are fine in the game.

He is playing The One, which is what I started, but he did say he hadn't seen any injuries in played out games yet. He's only had the game a few weeks, so they may be in there but just haven't occurred yet. But if they aren't, EA really needs to fix that.

Long story short, I ended off buying the game.
StyxTx

Postby [Q] on Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:35 am

No injuries. People complain about how there are too many blocks and steals but honestly, playing the CPU at least, there doesn't seem to be more than there should be.

Right now I've been grinding court battles to get more players and to level up waiting for this Jimmy Butler trade to happen so I can start The League.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Samm on Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:50 am

We need the ability to choose dunk or layup options such as flashy, two handed or either hand
Samm

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:09 pm

Since the developers are spending a lot of time over on the official NBA Live Subreddit these days, I thought that I'd compile some feedback from our community and post it over there. If you've got anything to add as far as gameplay tweaks, fixes, and features/content that they might be able to patch in, post it ASAP so I can add it to the list. If nothing else, it can form the preliminary basis of our annual Wishlist, and give the developers an early heads up on what we'd like to see in the next game (if it can't be patched into NBA Live 19).

• Add multi-team control for Franchise.
  • Increase the number of CPU trades and trade offers in Franchise.
  • Add more retro jerseys for each team, in addition to the ones being worn on Hardwood Classics nights this season.
  • Add 5v5 scrimmage option in Franchise.
  • Add the ability to select jerseys on The One Court Shootaround, rather than just using the last NBA jersey/Street outfit worn.
  • Add the ability to share custom rosters and sliders.
  • Fix situations with late game AI where CPU teams will just dribble out the clock instead of attempting a shot, or refusing to foul to stop the clock when on defense.
  • Add new 14 second shot clock reset rule on offensive rebounds.
  • Restrict the use of retired numbers in Franchise and The League.
  • Add an option to view quarter by quarter team and player stats (all modes), similar to the Shot Chart option.
  • Add in-game injuries.
  • Balance inside shooting percentages for user and CPU, especially on higher difficulty levels.
  • Increase player explosiveness in the open court, and on first steps.
  • Add Throwback packs to Ultimate Team.
  • Add some special teams for use in Play Now, such as Decade All-Stars, Draft Class teams, International and USA All-Stars, etc.
  • Add squad options for LIVE Run, with stats tracking.
  • Reduce input lag, online and offline. Jumpshots are virtually impossible online, at least for international gamers.
  • Introduce some kind of penalty for overdribbling/hogging the ball in online modes.
  • Reduce the "pull" of Defensive Assist so that it's more of a defensive crouch control, rather than guiding you out of position on defense.
  • Tone down canned interceptions by the AI, as well as those that come from a bad choice in passing animations.
  • Add proper 1v1 mode (with scoring, not just the scrimmage).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:14 pm

Andrew wrote:Since the developers are spending a lot of time over on the official NBA Live Subreddit these days, I thought that I'd compile some feedback from our community and post it over there. If you've got anything to add as far as gameplay tweaks, fixes, and features/content that they might be able to patch in, post it ASAP so I can add it to the list. If nothing else, it can form the preliminary basis of our annual Wishlist, and give the developers an early heads up on what we'd like to see in the next game (if it can't be patched into NBA Live 19).

• Add multi-team control for Franchise.
  • Increase the number of CPU trades and trade offers in Franchise.
  • Add more retro jerseys for each team, in addition to the ones being worn on Hardwood Classics nights this season.
  • Add 5v5 scrimmage option in Franchise.
  • Add the ability to select jerseys on The One Court Shootaround, rather than just using the last NBA jersey/Street outfit worn.
  • Add the ability to share custom rosters and sliders.
  • Fix situations with late game AI where CPU teams will just dribble out the clock instead of attempting a shot, or refusing to foul to stop the clock when on defense.
  • Add new 14 second shot clock reset rule on offensive rebounds.
  • Restrict the use of retired numbers in Franchise and The League.
  • Add an option to view quarter by quarter team and player stats (all modes), similar to the Shot Chart option.
  • Add in-game injuries.
  • Balance inside shooting percentages for user and CPU, especially on higher difficulty levels.
  • Increase player explosiveness in the open court, and on first steps.
  • Add Throwback packs to Ultimate Team.
  • Add some special teams for use in Play Now, such as Decade All-Stars, Draft Class teams, International and USA All-Stars, etc.
  • Add squad options for LIVE Run, with stats tracking.
  • Reduce input lag, online and offline. Jumpshots are virtually impossible online, at least for international gamers.
  • Introduce some kind of penalty for overdribbling/hogging the ball in online modes.
  • Reduce the "pull" of Defensive Assist so that it's more of a defensive crouch control, rather than guiding you out of position on defense.
  • Tone down canned interceptions by the AI, as well as those that come from a bad choice in passing animations.
  • Add proper 1v1 mode (with scoring, not just the scrimmage).

Early on I saw a player dribble the clock out with a big lead, but now it's back to taking that last second shot, regardless of how big the lead is. I try to get them to pass me the ball so I can run the clock out. I hope they fix that.

One thing that is a pain in the butt is when I get penalized for "bad call for a pass". Most of the time, when I call for it, I am wide open. The ball handler delays until a defender gets there then throws it. That is not me making a bad call, that is the passer screwing up.
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:18 pm

I'm talking about CPU opponents dribbling out the clock in crunch time instead of actively trying to win the game.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:18 am

Andrew wrote:I'm talking about CPU opponents dribbling out the clock in crunch time instead of actively trying to win the game.

I haven't seen much of that in League, which is what I play.

But the game has really gotten bad. I am constantly being stuck on players and even when aiming the joystick the opposite direction, or any direction, my player will just stay stuck to the opponent. I'm seeing my passes going the complete opposite direction from where I am aiming. I'm seeing defenders that are BEHIND offensive players stealing passes constantly. I'm seeing my teammates pass the ball right to the defender in front of them. I'm beginning to see lack of defensive support when someone I'm guarding gets past me.

All this stuff had not been happening early on so I have no idea why it's going on now. Basically, I can no longer move around on my own. I am being controlled by the vacuum effect.

I have tested this by setting my controller on the table and just watching my player moving around the court on his own.

My passes are being decided by the game, not by where I am aiming.

And of course, I get penalized for the things the game is making my player do, for example, leaving the player he is defending (and looking at my teammates, no switch was called because they are still on their opponent), and that's what really pisses me off.

There are just a multitude of things my player does that are out of my control. The game has gotten unplayable in League.

It definitely has something to do with The League mode because when I play world tour none of this stuff happens. NONE. I move around freely. Teammates play defense, etc.
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:54 am

I'll have to play some more League games and look out for that.

In the meantime, keep the feedback coming, everyone. I'll send it along ASAP.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Samm on Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:52 am

Nba logos on shooting sleeves

Control over dunks. Be it flashy, either hand or two handed dunks

Update shoes to current releases

Update jerseys to current releases
Samm

Postby [Q] on Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:39 pm

"My passes are being decided by the game, not by where I am aiming."
Dude, passing with X is impossible. It just simply does not go to the logical person. They should just not make cross-court passes possible with X. I have to Direct pass for everything. Even Triangle lob passes into the post are broken, especially after the patches. Last year, it's a nice toss over the top for a bucket. Now it's a flat pass and an interception most of the time

I'd like to see the alternate courts that teams are using in the game. Some teams are doing retro courts (Charlotte) while others are doing alternate courts based on another jersey (Utah). They should be selectable in play now, The League, as well as LUT (choosing from the regular 30 courts are kind of boring)

"Increase player explosiveness in the open court, and on first steps."
Holding R2 for turbo and faster running just does not seem to work when you want it to. Your player will run faster only when the game allows you to. It's ridiculous, my player has 100 speed and he gets caught on fast breaks all the time by everyone.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Samm on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:28 pm

More player body types!!

Expanded roster editing

Adjustable camera angles

More variation in accessories such as varying sock lengths
Samm

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:15 pm

When you say expanded roster editing, what do you mean? Unless we go into detail, we're leaving EA to guess what we really want.

That does remind me of one function that needs to return though: the ability to trade players in roster editing. Assigning players to other teams and moving them through the Free Agent Pool works well enough, but it's a slower process than being able to directly trade players for one another.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:29 am

Andrew wrote:When you say expanded roster editing, what do you mean? Unless we go into detail, we're leaving EA to guess what we really want.

That does remind me of one function that needs to return though: the ability to trade players in roster editing. Assigning players to other teams and moving them through the Free Agent Pool works well enough, but it's a slower process than being able to directly trade players for one another.

Expanded roster editing would be:

1. The option to edit signatures (Shots, dunk packages, etc)
2. The ability to delete players from a roster
3. A more robust create a player feature that allows us to create more realistic faces. We need more options for sculpting, hair, etc.

Those are off the top of my head.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:11 am

Absolutely, those are the kinds of details we need to mention. I'll make sure that I do. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:50 pm

Here's a very minor one, but something I do run into from time to time when it comes to screenshots and footage.

• Allow us to quickly and easily dismiss the Alerts that come through (friend activity, etc), for cleaner screenshots and footage.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Pep on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:15 am

I've got a little request, can someone post a screenshot with 2019 All Star Game warmups?
Sorry for my bad English.
NBA 2k14 thread
If you like my works, you can support me and motivate:
Pep
Leń patentowany ;)

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:38 am

This topic is for developer feedback and requests, but I'll see what I can do in the screenshots topic.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:14 pm

A minor suggestion.

There are way too few fouls called in played out games in the league. All the teams in simmed games get anywhere from 15-30 fouls each per game. My team and the other team I'm playing get anywhere from 10-20 fouls combined per game. Naturally, my team has, BY FAR, the fewest fouls in the league. Every team has at least 200 fouls thus far, my team has 68.

I've tried everything, changing between pro, all-star & superstar. Sliding foul sliders all the way to 100. Nothing makes any difference.
StyxTx

Postby Pep on Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:36 am

Andrew wrote:This topic is for developer feedback and requests, but I'll see what I can do in the screenshots topic.

Sorry, Sko's post mistaken me. I'd be very grateful for screenshots.
Sorry for my bad English.
NBA 2k14 thread
If you like my works, you can support me and motivate:
Pep
Leń patentowany ;)

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:08 pm

Just posted them here: viewtopic.php?p=1965762#p1965762
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

My Impressions Overall

Postby iceinmyveins on Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:32 pm

I'll be honest. After having a positive experience with Live 18, I was excited to buy Live 19 but more quickly than I would've liked, my impression went toward the low side and hasn't moved up much. I haven't even dived into The One mode like I did with Live 18. I would honestly rather fire up Live 18 some day and continue that one over this one. The playground intros, game play and presentation was nice in Live 18. 19 isn't even bad from the little I played of The One, but it just feels like a retread which is probably not what EA had in mind.

I felt the urge to come back here and post an update of my impressions on the game after trying to simulate most of the rest of my season on Franchise mode, which is still severely lacking, after being 31-9 so far with all games played fully. The fact that I didn't want to play a game against the Grizzlies because they just traded Mike Conley and I didn't want to play against him as a Grizzly, little things like that bother my immersion. So, despite not being able to adjust defensive schemes in the simulator mode, I was still able to pull out the simulated win against Memphis. It's kind of neat to see the CPU making trades, but some of them don't make sense, and there is no sense of autonomy like you can have in 2K.

Then I tried to straight up simulate until mid-March, and my Spurs team which is 31-9, without fail, would slip every time to e.g. 45-27, 47-25, 48-26, etc. So, despite the trend of "win five games, then lose one or two, repeat" that I've been on playing for real, my team suddenly goes on these downward spirals. I've only lost three home games at this point, like 12-3 or something, which I've always held in high regard in all my years playing Live/2K out of pride, and then every simulation attempt, my Spurs are now like 16-11. It's just nonsensical. I even tried just simulating less time into the future, and it's the same trend. My team suddenly starts to suck big time, which goes against how the simulator for the rest of the league has been operating with me playing all the games. True to form, the Warriors are right behind me (#2 in the west, me #1) but even they go downhill.

The whole point is this malaise that I feel about playing the other 40 or so games left that I have. The game is still enjoyable, but instead of firing up my road game against the Pistons last night, I tried the simulator effort because Nick freaking Young is the starting SF for the Pistons apparently. :crazyeyes:

I guess that could happen, but out-of-left-field stuff like that has always bugged me about NBA Live. Chris Bosh was always on the prowl in Live 18, and Carmelo signs with Houston every time in Live 19. Yes, he was with Houston, but dear gawd, it didn't work out. So tonight, I'mma probably just suck it up and play the Pistons, then try to simulate again. I just can't stand the thought of my team losing damn near 30 games on the season after going like 60+, sometimes cracking #70 on the past games, Live and 2K.

Other troublesome issues:

Some players on my team just CANNOT, WILL NOT, EVER, REFUSE to DUNK the BASKETBALL.

I've tried to adjust their ratings for vertical, dunk, stamina, etc, tried holding down the dunk button really hard, but despite them being the taller players on my team, they just can't be bothered. So sometimes, they'll miss a layup or get blocked with the game on the line instead of dunking the ball. Avery Bradley, Dejounte Murray, Brandon Ingram, the centers, have no trouble dunking the ball. That makes sense, sure. But why can't Iman Shumpert, T.J. Warren, Rudy Gay (really, EA?!) dunk the ball? Guys that are more known for being dunkers than the other ones. Maybe it's a gameplay slider issue? I don't remember this happening in Live 18. Eye roll moment happens too for me every time the CPU throws down some crazy NBA JAM soul reaper dunk on me.

Another possible slider issue: the CPU rarely takes any three-point shots. I fire a truckload, myself, so it's kind of unrealistic given the new NBA style. Even Golden State will have less than 10 total sometimes, and last time I played against Houston, they had like 5 total and Harden only fired up one. :?: I would fiddle with my sliders, but it doesn't really seem like it's worth it since I don't see myself playing it much longer.

The shooting mechanics need a complete overhaul, IMO. It feels worse in this one than Live 18. I've got the sliders upward to help me out, turning down shot contest impact and whatnot, but I still miss a lot of crap if I can't hit green, or the CPU miraculously "guards" my shot, despite not really contesting the shot at all with the ball already gone most of the time.

The free throw misses that turn into offensive put-backs for the CPU. Sometimes I even take control of a big man and it still happens.

Overall, the in-game menus and defensive settings are kind of a pain to manage. I'm not even sure about some of them, and sometimes I just adjust "defensive intensity" instead of the more elaborate settings for each player. The inbound plays I just don't understand the need for since I've never really seen the CPU contest any inbound play, and I only have five seconds to throw the ball in, so it's a head-scratch feature for me.

Things I like:

I like how the game has added seemingly more 3PT foul opportunities. It can be inconsistent at times, forcing me to miss some threes, but it's nice when it happens. I also like how I can actually take a charge and get the call by the refs. I miss the old commentary team, but the new team isn't bad. The menus are still way too slow. EA's response is boggling too especially when past Live games have had better menu interfaces and load times, as if they don't remember or know how the other guys used to do it or how to make it better. I still like the ESPN music and Rose's halftime thang ain't that bad.

But it feels like they did so little to improve Franchise Mode that I definitely won't get Live 20 so soon next time around, and grinding away as I am, I'mma just try to finish franchise mode so I can move over to 2K19 (I've already got a post-draft roster ready, with my custom Spurs team, etc, all ready to go.) I'm sure it's got issues too, but there's a reliability nature to 2K in my eyes that Live just hasn't achieved yet. I feel like I can't really interact with much of anything in Franchise Mode, not sure what the point of the "News" section is. There's some cool stuff in the stats/standings sections, but overall, 2K by a mile and it's disappointing after Live 18 was a bright spot for the most part. I actually think I might go back to that and finish The One mode while I start up 2K19. As I've said before, career mode isn't really of interest (like, ever) to me on 2K, but their myLeague mode should be what EA is trying to standardize its product to be. I mean, Dynasty Mode on past LIVEs used to be the place to be.

Overall: Live 18 > Live 19, for sure.
iceinmyveins

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:57 pm

Good insights all around. The last patch did no favours to shooting, though they are holding a feedback session over on the official subreddit to discuss the new issues with shot contests, with an eye to fixing it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA Live 19