NBA Live 19 Community Impressions & Reviews

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

NBA Live 19 Community Impressions & Reviews

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:12 pm

Post your own impressions and reviews of the full version of NBA Live 19 here!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA Live 19 Community Impressions & Reviews

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:03 am

Not sure if this qualifies for this thread, but I think it would be a good place to share how it's being received by sites like IGN.

IGN actually gave it a fair shake, and scored it a 7.9. Shocked.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09/07/nba-live-19-review
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:20 am

This is mostly for all of us to post our opinions, but it's certainly relevant to bring up. I'm glad publications are giving it a fair chance and acknowledging the improvements that have been made. While the criticism in the past hasn't been unwarranted, it's often felt like some sites have taken delight in gleefully bashing the game beyond simply offering an honest critique.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:53 am

Dee4Three wrote:Not sure if this qualifies for this thread, but I think it would be a good place to share how it's being received by sites like IGN.

IGN actually gave it a fair shake, and scored it a 7.9. Shocked.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09/07/nba-live-19-review

I think this is a good indication of where the status of Live is at. People (mostly long time 2k players) who are very open to Live due to VC/2k burnout, Live's reputation online, or whatever the case may be
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:06 am

Man... I just played a full game on Live 19 (will be posting the highlights soon) and it's unreal how much the pick n roll defense has improved.

As stated prior, it wasn't completely dominant before, but it was something that we could go to more than we should be able to.. but now it's really hard to run them, the defenders react much better to it,and you have to time everything almost perfect.

Seriously just had a blast in my last game, the gameplay is really solid this year.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:20 am

Nooooo that was my go-to move when I couldn't score lol

If I get desperate I might have to do hand-off cheese

It might not be much but the AI decision making still continues to impress me over last year's AI
My teammates are less incompetent. Paul George is always looking to score and is very aggressive on offense in The Streets and court battles. I played 3 on 3 last night and had both teammates quit (one immediately after the jump) and the CPU actually ran the court on fast breaks for easy layups. Sometimes they ignore my commands and wind up doing something better and I am thankful that they ignored me. I wound up coming back and winning which was probably embarrassing for the other team but it wouldn't have happened had I still had my dumbass human teammates. I don't know how much live run/live events I can do this year with the amount of bad players online
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:24 am

[Q] wrote:Nooooo that was my go-to move when I couldn't score lol

If I get desperate I might have to do hand-off cheese

Haha, when you see the video I post, you will see how much I had to mix things up.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Cheap plug for this week's Friday Five: https://www.nba-live.com/tff-top-5-posi ... a-live-19/

Comprehensive review coming soon.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:42 am

I love how the tip goes to random people. Also last night I saw something new where shaq tipped back to my PG but he hit it so hard it went over my head and I had to go back and get it.

Also I saw once a cool jump ball scenario off of a double team late in a street game.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:46 am

That's definitely cool. 2K's had the loose ball on the tip for a while now, glad to see it in Live as well. It just adds that extra touch of realism and sense of the gameplay being organic.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:48 am

Played a game against the Wizards (Which ill post a video of later) and one detail really stuck out.

Every time John Wall had a favorable matchup, he attacked. For example, if it was a switch on Towns or Gibson (I was using the Wolves) he would ISO and try to take me. And, I love how authentic the players play overall, as Bradley Beal was running off screens and trying to catch and shoot, and Wall was attacking the rim relentlessly.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:00 am

Haven't played the NBA games yet but I've noticed PG and LeBron really dominate the ball on my streets team and played against Gerald green who literally jacked up a 3 every time he touched the ball lol.

Also cpu makes defensive adjustments. They will double you if you score a ton like last year but this year I even saw a defensive assignment switch to deal with LeBron
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Tstarks on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:27 am

I have also observed a few times where a player will tip the ball to himself when jockeying or hustling for a rebound. Very realistic looking animation!
Tstarks

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:51 am

It's nice to see some more organic moments like that, for sure.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:19 pm

Quick question but how long to do you have to play the 3 on 3 game for while the full game is downloading?

I've downloaded 25gb of the 36gb now.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:45 pm

I believe it has to be fully loaded. I can't say for sure though as I downloaded the game overnight, so it was ready to go when it unlocked at launch.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:52 pm

I had a feeling it might be the whole game to download :-/ 70% completed now so about 5 hours to go.
mp3

Postby StyxTx on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:29 pm

mp3 wrote:Quick question but how long to do you have to play the 3 on 3 game for while the full game is downloading?

I've downloaded 25gb of the 36gb now.

Depends on how fast your internet connection is.
StyxTx

Postby mp3 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:04 am

It's not the best where I am, I in fact had to come to my mum's house to download it after recently moving house and no internet yet.

Iam at 33gb downloaded now so 2 hours left.
mp3

Postby mp3 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:15 am

I've been playing the game for the last few hours now and really have to say the gameplay is so much smoother than live 18 in terms of how fluid the game runs, I haven't even adjusted any of the sliders yet and iam having loads of fun so far.
mp3

Postby mp3 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:34 pm

So far I've played 4 full games while I've tweaked the sliders, just finished a game (grizzlies@lakers) I used the grizzlies and ended up finishing the game losing by 3 but boy was that a fun game with some clutch plays down the stretch by both teams and I got Mike Conley a triple double which is something I always struggle to do on 2k unless its like blocks or steals but yeah Conley had a quite 22 points 10 rebounds 10 assists.

I really feel like the on ball defence has improved a lot this year you can stay in front of your man a lot easier in live 19 than 18 and CPU AI has definitely improved too.
mp3

Postby [Q] on Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:14 am

AI has definitely improved. On ball defense has been a bit more difficult in my opinion. L2 no longer puts you in a defensive stance and acts more of a defensive assist button, so get you to stick to the guy. The problem is if you're not on right up on them, it doesn't seem to help as they turbo around you

My backcourt defender has had a difficult time staying in front of people this year and those step backs are almost an automatic ankle breaker
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:21 am

It's all about reading the offensive players movement and beating him to his spot, you get burnt from time to time but for the most with a little slider tweak I manage to defend pretty well. My biggest problem is expecting the pg to be bringing the ball up so I pick him up with my pg only for it to be there sf and there pg cuts straight to the basket for an easy 2 lol
mp3

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:40 am

I would prefer L2 be a defensive stance rather than Defensive Assist. It feels cheap on your part when it works, and cheap on the CPU's part when it doesn't (usually because it's drawn you out of position).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:19 am

L2 works if you're close, but if they create some space, you no longer stick to them and they can hit turbo to blow by you. Meanwhile, I'm still holding L2 hoping for it to stick to him again. I liked last year's way of doing L2. I also don't really like the pick button. It gets complicated when you wish to direct pass to the center who's setting the screen because you have to hit L1 but you also have to hit it to get him to go, so yeah I liked holding the button down. Or they need to move it to L2 or something
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Next

Return to NBA Live 19