Odd animations

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

Odd animations

Postby StyxTx on Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:25 am

This is in The League.

I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but lately I've been seeing it quite a bit, though even one time is one time too many.

Center receives a pass close to the basket. His defender is outside of him, along the sideline of the key area. The offensive center is between the basket and the defender, inside the defender.

Offensive center then goes into the back down position and works himself outside the defender. Now the defender is between him and the basket. Why on earth didn't the offensive center just go straight up for the shot since there was no one between him and the basket?

Another similar thing is a pass to someone near the basket. They have absolutely no one between him and the basket but instead of just going in for the shot he runs to a defender, putting the defender between him and the basket, then shoots a highly contested shot.

Come on EA.
StyxTx

Re: Odd animations

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:58 am

Got any videos of it? I'd like to pass it along to the dev team, as that definitely sounds like a major lapse in the teammate AI.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:17 am

Andrew wrote:Got any videos of it? I'd like to pass it along to the dev team, as that definitely sounds like a major lapse in the teammate AI.

I don't know how to do videos.
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:12 pm

Are you on PS4 or X1?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:27 pm

Andrew wrote:Are you on PS4 or X1?

PS4
StyxTx

Postby Rodzilla91 on Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:29 pm

Well, if you're on PS4, then you should be able to take advantage of the capture feature, when you see it occur press SHARE (only once or it will restart the capturing) and you can then post it to youtube, facebook, etc.

Don't remember off the top of my head how long the capturing can be, as its ran in the background while playing, but you could always press it once to restart it before playing a game and then press it again to save the capture when it happens. Then you can trim it when you go to upload it.
Rodzilla91

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:44 pm

Unless of course you've set it to "hold Share" to capture video. You can check that under your settings. The default capture duration is 15 minutes, but you can also extend it to 60 minutes. Once you've saved a video, in the Capture Gallery, you can then trim it down to just the last few seconds that show the issue.

From there, you can upload it via the PS4, or copy the video across to a USB drive and upload it from a desktop or laptop to YouTube. Whichever's easiest.

As I said, I can pass along the report as a text description, but clips can also be helpful when giving feedback as they show it in action and provide added context that may be useful in pinpointing the issue from EA's send.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:28 am

I don't have a Facebook account anymore and I never had a YouTube account.
StyxTx

Postby Rodzilla91 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:29 pm

StyxTx wrote:I don't have a Facebook account anymore and I never had a YouTube account.

If you have a gmail you could make one real quick using that, since it basically links itself like that.. or if you got a phone you could record the capture, since you can save replays to the system even without externally sharing.
Rodzilla91

Return to NBA Live 19