NBA Live 20 Delayed, Not Yet Cancelled (Polygon)

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

Re: NBA Live 20 Delayed, Not Yet Cancelled (Polygon)

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:14 am

Exactly what I was thinking with 2K20 getting backlash, Live 20 can swoop in and get some alternative sales.

What do you think of the prospect of EA cancelling 20 like 17 and trying to have a bigger jump for 21 like they did with 18? If they can't seem to create a annual release worth purchasing with the delays they have almost every year, then they are never going to catch up after spending more than one cycle on one release. They are supposed to release it buggy, then patch it, like every other developer.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:32 pm

Pdub wrote:Exactly what I was thinking with 2K20 getting backlash, Live 20 can swoop in and get some alternative sales.

What do you think of the prospect of EA cancelling 20 like 17 and trying to have a bigger jump for 21 like they did with 18? If they can't seem to create a annual release worth purchasing with the delays they have almost every year, then they are never going to catch up after spending more than one cycle on one release. They are supposed to release it buggy, then patch it, like every other developer.

My gut tells me there will be a release of Live 20.

Here is my opinion:

Release Live 20 with improved gameplay this year, and make a SPLASH with new content/new graphics engine next year when the game hits PS5. They absolutely need more content, its 2019 (Going to be 2020) and they have LESS content overall than they did 15 years ago (Outside of the obvious online component).

People want to get immersed in the games, and have different options/modes. They want the game to stay fresh for most of that games cycle. If I were a decision maker, I would work on making the franchise mode more robust with more options/authenticity overall, bring retro back in some capacity (make it a priority), and add a couple other modes and a bit more content for people to get truly excited about a switch from 2K to Live (Or make them want to purchase both).

Either way, I am expecting a release by them this year.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:09 pm

That's been a big problem with NBA Live this generation. It feels bare bones, the bare minimum for being a sim-oriented NBA game in this day and age. Obviously they have a smaller team and a lot to do, but there hasn't even been incremental updates here and there; or at least, nowhere near enough added here and there with each release. The most new content that's been added is player clothing, and that's not nearly enough to satisfy the whole demographic.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA Live 19