Final NBA Live 19 Rating & Thoughts

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

How would you rate NBA Live 19 out of 10?

No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
100%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes : 1

Final NBA Live 19 Rating & Thoughts

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:31 pm

So, we don't know what exactly is happening with NBA Live 20 yet (except that it's scheduled for release between October 1st and December 31st), but in the meantime, what are your final thoughts and rating for NBA Live 19?

On the whole, I felt a bit disappointed by NBA Live 19 after having quite a bit of fun with NBA Live 18. I think the focus on The One had an overall negative effect, not only on the depth of the other modes but the gameplay in general. The lack of NBA strategy, streetball moves showing up in NBA gameplay, and tweaking shooting for LIVE Run and LIVE Events ended up hurting the game. I was dismayed to see LUT take a few steps backwards, lose a couple of important functions in roster editing (no trades, just assigning players, making it a much lengthier process), and find that nothing at all had been done with Franchise. It's got me a bit concerned about the overall direction, to be honest.

I did like some of the improvements to smoothness and animations, but there's still a lot of room for improvement. It feels like it should've been a bigger step forward after NBA Live 18, but it's kind of a lateral move in many respects, and a backwards step in others, which is troubling. After all the updates and considering all my expectations, I'd probably give it a 6/10. I really had trouble getting into it this year, after really enjoying NBA Live 18 despite its shortcomings. Still hoping for better things in the future.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 19