No
88%
Still Undecided
6%

Total votes : 16

Will NBA Live 20 be released?

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:00 pm

Make your predictions!

I still think that EA has a great opportunity to release something this year, given the generally outraged to lukewarm reception to NBA 2K20. The door is still open for an alternative, and it's getting to the point where gamers who have always been 2K diehards or swore off NBA Live after all its troubles are really pulling for the series to succeed again. I'm certainly someone who believes we need at least two strong alternatives on the market, because having one dominant brand hasn't been for the best.

However, as the weeks pass and we hear nothing, I have a feeling any release is going to be quietly pushed back until 2020, probably as a launch title for the next generation. On one hand that's another fresh start, but it also risks letting the NBA Live brand slip further from people's minds, and further erode hope and trust. On top of that, if it is a late release, it's going to have to impress because 2K's missteps have gamers clamouring for an alternative and it'll be a letdown if that alternative just isn't viable for most people.

Anyway, what's your take? I'm not feeling that confident right now, but I wouldn't rule it out as long as it's in the financial report.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Will NBA Live 20 be released?

Postby [Q] on Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:17 am

I think so. I mean they have a product that is releasable assuming they built on and improved on Live 19. Here's to hoping that they've been diligently working on Live 20 this whole time or been keeping quiet to make a big splash.

What would surprise me is if they felt what they had wasn't good enough for them and didn't release it. Plus they'd still be making money on it if it gets released

I think they'll release it at some point during the season
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:14 pm

That's true, and I guess why it is confusing that they've been so quiet and coy about it. I have my criticisms of NBA Live 19, but it was releasable as you said, and reasonably well-received compared to other NBA Live titles this generation. Releasing a new game built on that shouldn't take too many backwards steps, unless they've gone too far down the path of NBA Live/NBA Street hybrid.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby bowdown on Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:50 am

Hopefully it will be released and it will be good. NBA 2K is starting to get too far up their own asses now trying to make money of micro-transactions.
bowdown

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:37 am

Unfortunately, it seems most of those who voted in the poll were correct. I agree we definitely do need that viable alternative with some of the things that are happening with NBA 2K.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 19