Official: No NBA Live 21

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

Official: No NBA Live 21

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:03 am

I mean, it's basically been official for some time now, given previous financial reports and a lack of information, but the latest financial report plus the Coming Soon section on EA's website confirms that there's not going to be an NBA Live 21. NBA Live Mobile is still a thing, but as for a console/AAA release? Well, maybe next year, right?

To that end, I've condensed the NBA Live 21 section back into the NBA Live 19 section. No point having a section for a game that's not coming out. We can still use this section to discuss future games - assuming there will be any future games, of course - compile wishlists and throw out ideas, generally commiserate, and of course still talk about NBA Live 19 if you're still playing it.

For those who'd like to reflect on better times and actual releases, stay tuned for more of our ongoing 25th Anniversary of NBA Live content!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Official: No NBA Live 21

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:18 am

Really unbelievable :crazyeyes:
I havent a console but Live 19 wasnt look so bad, they could have tried to change business model, to choose a full arcade or a full simulation orientation.
They just let a clear path to 2K...
sticky-fingers

Postby [Q] on Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:34 am

Part of me wants to get a super cheap copy of 18 and 19 to enjoy. TBH it would probably be more fun than this free copy of 2k20 I got lol

2k20 is weird, you can play the game without ever seeing women in the game while in Live they were a big visible part of the game which was cool
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:54 pm

sticky-fingers wrote:Really unbelievable :crazyeyes:
I havent a console but Live 19 wasnt look so bad, they could have tried to change business model, to choose a full arcade or a full simulation orientation.
They just let a clear path to 2K...

They really have dropped the ball. 2K keeps leaving the door open with their business practices, but NBA Live hasn't been able to capitalise. I hope they can come back strong, but it's getting hard to remain optimistic.

[Q] wrote:Part of me wants to get a super cheap copy of 18 and 19 to enjoy. TBH it would probably be more fun than this free copy of 2k20 I got lol

2k20 is weird, you can play the game without ever seeing women in the game while in Live they were a big visible part of the game which was cool

The collector in me says go for it. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 19