The One: User and CPU layups are too easy

Talk about NBA Live 19 here.

The One: User and CPU layups are too easy

Postby Breems on Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:04 am

I'm trying out The One on All-Star difficulty, and I'm finding that the CPU and myself make layups way too often. My 71 OVR stretch PF is nearly automatic by simply catching a pass in the paint and pressing shoot, even when contested. It's even worse for the CPU who can drive to the hoop at will and make almost every layup/dunk.

I've tried tweaking sliders, but I'm not sure it's having any effect in The One? I've tried Superstar difficulty, but jumpers become much more difficult, and it makes the CPU issue even worse.

Perhaps I'm used to 2K20's larger learning curve and shot stick where choosing the right type of layup/gather is critical. It seems Live handles that for you? Or maybe I've just gotten lucky in my first few games?
Breems
Back in my day...

Re: The One: User and CPU layups are too easy

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:23 am

Sliders don't have any effect on The One, same as in MyCAREER. Layups are definitely more automatic in NBA Live 19 compared to any recent NBA 2K games; there's no timing, and they're kind of OP.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Breems on Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:58 am

I'm realizing that Live 19 is simply much easier than 2K20. As a big, I'm also finding that rebounds and blocks are nearly as automatic if you're somewhere in the vicinity and press triangle.

On a related note, where the badges in 2K are necessary to perform any basic skill consistently, I'm sensing the traits in Live are just fun cherries on top.
Breems
Back in my day...

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:30 am

Pretty much. Traits in NBA Live add little boosts here and there, but Badges in NBA 2K are essential. Overall, The One is more streamlined than MyCAREER, which has its positives and negatives. The complete lack of microtransactions is a point in its favour, of course!

Rebounding is pretty much automatic in NBA Live 19. It's something I'm not that fond of, though I feel it might be a bandaid fix for an issue that we'd otherwise really be annoyed by. In other words, it might be the lesser of two evils given an issue somewhere in the tech.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 19