Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K19

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K19

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:15 pm

Alright everyone, we want to get an early start on our Wishlist for NBA 2K19, so here is our official NBA 2K19 Wishlist thread. This is the place to post constructive feedback that will be submitted to the NBA 2K Development Team; that means anything from bugs that need fixing, to features that you want to see added or improved upon, to anything else you feel would make the next iteration of NBA 2K better.

A couple of notes and important suggestions on how to give the most comprehensive and useful feedback (based on previous conversations with developers):

Important Notes & Suggestions

Please keep this stuff in mind as you're posting your ideas!

• One suggested format is to post your top 15-20 wishes/suggestions for the game, ie. the 15-20 most important things that NBA 2K19 needs to do/add/improve upon. If you have a couple of extra points, that's fine, but try to prioritise. If you don't have that many suggestions, that's fine too; just post the feedback you have and want to share with the developers.

• Alternatively, post your top ten or so suggestions you have for different aspects of the game, such as gameplay, game modes, presentation, features, and so on. Again, if you have less than ten, no problem. That's a strongly suggested maximum for the lists, not a minimum.

• Make sure that you elaborate and post further details where necessary. There's no need to write an essay - there's nothing wrong with being brief, direct, and to the point - but saying things like "better gameplay" doesn't give enough feedback. Explain how you want gameplay to get better, what changes are required to see an improvement. Mention specific issues, along with relevant improvements and fixes you want to see. A few sentences or subpoints are fine, and will add clarification.

• Be constructive! No insults, flaming or bashing in this thread. If you're not interested in providing actual feedback and discussing ways to improve the game, please move along. If you want to vent about NBA 2K18, please feel free to make use of other threads in the Forum, but this is a thread for constructive feedback only. You don't need to sugarcoat things, or hold back on talking about stuff that needs to be fixed, just don't be abusive or needlessly snarky. Explaining what you think is broken or unsatisfactory, and what you want to see changed, is useful feedback. Telling the developers they're stupid, suck, and you hate them, on the other hand, is not.

• Lists of bugs that haven't been resolved in the NBA 2K18 title updates are also most welcome.

That's about it. Feel free to start posting your ideas and if you have any further questions, just ask. We'll be passing along all feedback, and will likely look at compiling a "Top Wishes" section as the Wishlist takes shape.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K18 by Andrew on Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:20 pm.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K19

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:18 am

Gameplay :
- improve IA Offense (all teams seems playing the same way, all the playbooks are the same etc...)
- improve IA defense (IA never trap, no defense adjustment during the game)
- improve IA pump fake 'cos CPU never jump
- fix iso glitch where you can run into your defender, pass him and no cpu help defense
- fix broken sliders : many of them are useless on 2K18
- too many jump ball after user traps CPU

Presentation :
- back to 2K10 pre game footage, 2K11 post game options.
- remove this fucking useless trampoline half-time animation

Graphics :
- improve hair cuts, it looks so old gen, specially for caucasian players (check nvidia hairworks)
- fix big heads, popping eyes
- improve faces
- real body scans
- improve cheerleaders :mrgreen:
- support nvidia Ansel

Sounds :
- remove annoying sounds in game while selecting tactics
- crowd : plz go back to 2K9 (!) atmosphere

Money :
- Remove VC & other stupids things (like adverts hashtags in 2K16) ! we've PAID AND for a FULL GAME ! or release NBA2K as a Freemium...

MyGM :
- remove (awful) scenario
- it will be great to see players getting older (face, hair, weight, position)

Network :
- improve netcode

Steam :
- improve integration (Workshop / vats / cards)
Last edited by sticky-fingers on Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:50 am, edited 7 times in total.
sticky-fingers

Postby bluejaybrandon on Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:39 am

One minor improvement that would go a long way is the long distance passing. There are players like Kevin Love and Lonzo Ball that excel in full court passes, dropping them in beautifully. However, in every recent 2k game, a long distance pass often triggers a ridiculous animation that involves the recipient just flailing for an obviously catch-able pass. The resulting turnover just feels unfair. If I recall, the understanding was that this was necessary to avoid cherry picking in online games but I just don't understand that logic. Cherry picking happens in all level of basketball, from your average pick up game, to Lamelo Ball in high school, to an NBA player on a break away. If an individual has an advantage of an opening down court, I think it should be exploitable. This was just a recent issue I struggled with so it was the first thing I decided I'd voice an opinion on.
bluejaybrandon

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:37 pm

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:11 pm

Andrew wrote:To help get the ball rolling: http://www.nba-live.com/tff-5-things-nba-2k19-needs/

If they want to continue the way they are going with VC they need to reduce the initial cost of the game....a lot.
StyxTx

Postby Hadley88 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:01 pm

This Year was the last Year for me. This Game is only a vehicle to sell microtransactions. Anything other than MyLeague is unplayable!

And since most of their Target-Audience are Casualscrubs they still make a shit ton of money. They wont change anything in 2K19 and I'm not wasting any more money on it.
Hadley88

Postby The X on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:49 pm

2K does presentation great, they make game look like NBA. My list is only really going to be negatives as they toot their own horn enough. I'm gonna keep this list quick and in no particular order:

1. Get rid of mini parachutes: I play broadcast, don't punish me for it. These create blindspots & are frustrating in close games.

2. Tune passing: I get that you don't want cheese, but I should be able to pass out of a jump to teammates a foot or two away. I should be able to throw pass down court without it flying out of bounds. I can understand if I'm trying to throw with Dwight Howard but otherwise, there are better ways to do it, passes maybe can be inaccurate when receiver has to move to catch it which allows defenders to recover. Some should be pinpoint if thrown by Lebron or Love or Lonzo or anybody starting with letter L.

3. Improve matchmaking: Others have discussed it so I will let them go into depth on it.

4. Reduce VC & micro transaction effect on game: I think only place that micro transactions have in game is in MyTeam. That's it. Stop being greedy.

5. Fix shot mechanics/timing/whether shot is contested well: if a defender is behind me I don't think it is heavily contested but hey, that's just me.

6. Improve balance in MyPlayer builds, archetypes & animations: heights, wingspan, strength, OP HOF badges. It's not easy to get balance & there'll always be stronger ones each year but playtesting will tell you that 7'3" 320lb rebounding centres are OP, especially when they can equip super quick dunk animations.

7. Improve physics/clipping/body steals etc

8. Improve layup/close shot mechanics & success: I think only contested layups should be based on timing. We tried, I think it failed. Doesn't matter what mode, MyPlayer, online, MyTeam, Play Now, Franchise, you miss inside shots & layups. Not just us, but CPU too. NBA players don't miss that many.

9. Polish, polish, polish: Squash bugs, fix legacy issues

10. Get rid of update required: Fine to pop it up, but let it disappear and re-appear after you've finished the game.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby beegees on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:07 pm

Please make the buzz from controller vibration on Xbox One lover. The controller clatters even after small initial contacts each possession. The bumper noise is alive since 2K14, I have used two different Xbox One Controllers – the same. Let’s make the vibration more gentle like NBA Live does it.
This Is Where I Came In

beegees

Postby BPDHoplite on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:46 pm

I'm not going to repeat anything I agree with that's already been posted so let's a goooooo

MyPark :

Have at least one court that is specifically for people under the overall of 70 and one for people under 80. This would give new players a reason to enjoy the mode without feeling the need to be a high overall.

Fix all the cheaters online it's not hard. (PC)

MyGM/MyLeague

Playable G-League games.

I don't mind the story but it at least some of it needs audio.

If your going to have a predetermined draft class don't have the 2 best players be bald eye sores which are a real pain to look at and just scan some random people that work for you and it would be so much better.

HD Portraits and consistent portrait updates (Why is this even an issue)

MyCareer

I like the style of this years game but if they just took a third off the prices of all the vc attribute upgrades or something like that or didn't make then ridiculously expensive when you get higher up.

Keep a similar idea to the neighborhood but Gatorade facility needs to be attribute rewarding and so does the team training facility.
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby Dwell On on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:50 am

1. make Jonothan Simmons a Cyberface and tattoos (it's now the 3rd season he's playing in the NBA and have just the standard body)
2. let the user decide if he wants to see the halftimeshow, ingame stats sheet/information etc.
3. make a nicer draft class at the my league
Dwell On

Postby StyxTx on Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:16 pm

That they shut their doors and try to produce a different game they are able to do.
StyxTx

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:31 pm

I will edit this post as new ideas come to me.

1. Players going to locker rooms after some major injuries/ rejections.
2. I know you can design custom plays in the MyGM/MyLeague Coaching main menu. I want to be able to do that in any game mode, and during games.
3. Ability to turn off the player indicator - or at least a setting that makes it minimalistic and barely noticeable (something like the thin, gray circle that you can see in 2K18 beneath the teammate you are going to pass to). The game has very realistic graphics, but sometimes, I don't want that sega - '95 look in my scene given by the indicator. Any indicator should have an option to be switched off, along with some HUD elements.
5. Also on the presentation side, I'd like to have the option to watch Action Replays only during deadballs. How they are implemented now, when they are on, they can happen anytime - they are beautiful, I wouldn't turn them off, yet sometimes, it disrupts the flow of the game (the AI dunks on me and instead of being able to go on a fast break in the very first second, I have to watch the replay and boom - the whole AI team is magically in their halfcourt). So I believe the Action Replays only during deadballs is the best option for people like me.
This idea can also be developed even further. Action Replays during a deadball can look like in a real life broadcast, and show a dunk that happened minutes ago if it was too savage. Or a hard foul. Or anything that didn't get the chance to be shown right then because there wasn't a deadball at that very moment.
4. EA'S in-form system. Some teams are bad but sometimes everything goes right and they go on random winning streak (Bulls last year), some other teams are good on papper but they look like they don't want that W most nights, or just have a bad night (Cavs all season). The in-form system can give temporary increases/decreases in players OVR without messing with players OVR to reflect their current team state. I would love that for any game mode, especially "Play Now" with real life updates.
Last edited by I Hate Mondays on Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:04 am

My comprehensive Wishlist.

Key Points/Overview

• Focus on substance over flash and gimmicks. Fix legacy issues in terms of bugs, gameplay, and game modes, before implementing outside-the-box innovations.
  • Strive for better balance in gameplay, particularly when it comes to player builds in MyCAREER and the connected modes.
  • Continue to fine-tune the motion system to reduce skating and improve physicality, without compromising the fluidity of the controls.
  • Polish up AI and strategy after some backwards steps in NBA 2K18.
  • Demonstrate a lot more goodwill in terms of Virtual Currency earnings, item prices, and so on.
  • Reduce the tedium of the grind in MyCAREER and the connected online experiences, as well as all the wasted time in The Neighborhood and loading screens.
  • Expand in-game customisation options even further.
  • Implement better matchmaking in online modes, so that users face opponents of similar skill level while they're getting better at online play.
  • Add more user-friendly options, such as the ability to skip cutscenes.
  • Make the PC version more modder-friendly, with roster and art files that are easier to work with.

Gameplay

• Reduce the amount of skating, and loose feel of the new motion system, while retaining the responsiveness.
  • Reduce the ease of blowing by opponents with the hip-riding animations. The sweet spot is somewhere between the current system, and the "Brick Wall" approach of previous games.
  • Improve physicality and reduce clipping. There's far too many instances of the ball warping and clipping through players, steal attempts that swat right through the ball, and so forth.
  • Playcalling and strategy seemed to take a step backwards in NBA 2K18. Getting it back on track should be a priority in NBA 2K19.
  • Improve help defense and rotations. CPU teammates make poor decisions, and sometimes even actively scoot out of the way to let opponents straight through to the basket.
  • Get rid of canned fouls. A single press of the steal button shouldn't result in wild grabbing and slapping at the ball (spamming it should), to the point where body steals are the most effective way of swiping the ball.
  • Reduce body steals. Even with the aforementioned clipping issues, body steals happen way too often, and account for most of the thefts in the game.
  • Tone down AI interceptions. AI opponents pick off passes like Michael Jordan in his prime, and have superhuman awareness and reflexes, even when their backs are turned.
  • Reduce canned moments in general: passes going straight to out of position AI defenders (as confirmed by examining the trajectory of the pass in instant replay), getting sucked into two-man animations, etc.
  • Bring back the shot meter on layups, if layups are going to require proper release timing.
  • Improve shot mechanics. Greens should be tough to get, not nerfed into "Good" releases that are actually worse than "Slightly Early" and "Slightly Late" releases. NBA 2K17's mechanics, perhaps minus the stick aiming, were great.
  • Bring back NBA 2K17's shooting mechanics for free throws. It's ridiculous to miss so many attempts that supposedly have an 80% chance or better of going in (seems to be a bigger problem for MyPLAYERs).
  • Address the issue with super fast dunking animations for tall players. It makes 7'3" MyPLAYERs in particular very cheesy, because they dunk at superhuman speed.
  • Get rid of the awkward animations when players receive an inbounds pass after a basket (mostly happens with MyPLAYERs).
  • Fewer missed layups. They shouldn't be guaranteed buckets, but far too many easy ones go awry in NBA 2K18. CPU teammates also miss too many.
  • If a paint protector has their back turned, or is too far away, they shouldn't have as big of an effect on shooters. This is one of the main reasons too many easy looks around the basket are missed, and it feels very cheap.
  • Improve directional passing. Even with the controller settings, it still goes to the wrong teammate way too often, contributing to the inflated number of cheap AI steals.
  • Resolve the bug that randomly resets your controller configuration from Absolute to Camera Relative. I'd prefer Absolute to be the default, but in lieu of that, it's annoying to have to keep checking and changing it back.
  • Reduce the number of canned stumbling and fumbling animations, especially in 2K Pro-Am.
  • Reduce the number of chase-down blocks and challenges (especially in MyCAREER and the connected modes).
  • Bring back signature layup packages, and/or expand the range of generic layup packages.
  • Remove some of the awkward layups/push shots in the paint that were added in NBA 2K18.
  • Make it easier for MyPLAYERs to dunk, if their ratings are sufficient. I'd prefer an approach closer to NBA 2K17.
  • Ensure gameplay is balanced, with as few cheap and frustrating moments as possible. Challenge should come from smart play, and not feel artificial.

MyCAREER

• Reduce the number of hybrid Archetypes, or ensure that there are no builds that are either cheesy or broken. This is particularly important when it comes to the connected online experiences.
  • Overhaul the grading logic so that there's more balance between rewarding good play and punishing mistakes, as well as better logic when it comes to evaluating shot selection, defensive breakdowns, lucky rebounds (or being overpowered by a bigger player), transition offense and defense, and so on.
  • Bring back an actual free throw rating and let us improve it, instead of the lengthy grind of the Free Throw Ace Badge. Also make the starting free throw rating higher for shooting Archetypes.
  • Make gameplay less reliant on Badges. It's resulted in a Catch-22 where you need Badges to do things like complete alley-oops, but need to complete alley-oops to earn the Badges. They're also very overpowering, especially online.
  • Change it so that some Badges (like Clutch Performer) need to be earned through repeated in-game actions, not just automatically granted when hitting a certain Overall Rating on the Road to 99.
  • Increase XP earnings for Badges and cap breakers. It shouldn't really slow down until you're well past 90 Overall.
  • Improve teammate AI and team strategy. Teams don't play like their real life counterparts in MyCAREER, there are too many bad three-point attempts, and CPU teammates doing things they shouldn't be doing way too often.
  • Improve substitution logic so you don't get yanked in the middle of a tightly contested game, where you're having a big impact. It's frustrating for that to happen and get subbed in again with the game out of reach. It happens less than in the past, but there's still room for improvement.
  • Bring back menus to make it quicker and easier to perform tasks such as equipping animations and changing clothes; there's way too much messing around in NBA 2K18.
  • Allow NBA game accessories to be set without advancing to the locker room first.
  • Add shortcuts to proceed directly to The Playground and 2K Pro-Am. Not everyone is a fan of running around The Neighborhood; it gets old very quickly.
  • Bring back difficulty multipliers for Virtual Currency earnings.
  • Reduce prices of items, or increase NBA salary. As it stands, a basic pair of basketball shorts costs more than a single game's salary as a rookie. That's ridiculous unrealistic to say the least.
  • Allow cutscenes to be skipped, or remove the story-driven approach altogether. With all due respect, NBA 2K18's story was the worst one yet, and really painful to endure.
  • Allow us to practice free throws on MyCOURT. Leave improvements to the rating to training sessions, but let us freely practice our form.
  • Allow us to skip the short, repetitive moments such as the coach talking to us before a drill, or walking to the locker room.
  • In the pre-game shootaround, let us shoot around from a gameplay angle.
  • Allow all Archetypes with sufficient dunking ratings to dunk more often. If your rating is high enough to unlock flashy dunk packages, you shouldn't only dunk once every five games.
  • Add multiple starting points for your MyPLAYER depending on the path you want to take (e.g. different starting ratings with differing difficulty of levelling up), and meaningful roleplaying/story branching options.
  • Bring back the ability to search for a user's submission in the t-shirt kiosk so that you can vote for it.
  • Give us the option of going straight to MyCOURT, 2K Pro-Am, or The Playground when we're loading into MyCAREER.
  • Resolve the bug in which starting a second MyCAREER game resets the gear your player is wearing in your original MyCAREER file.
  • Allow messages to be deleted without reply (or at least marked read properly without reply), and to respond positively or negatively to Tweets on the in-game social media.
  • Fix issue where assists don't count on passes that are slightly deflected or bobbled, are intercepted by a different teammate, and sometimes simply don't register on alley-oop attempts.
  • Fix issue where steals are tallied inconsistently when two players are involved (i.e. sometimes the person who poked it loose gets the steal, sometimes the person who picks up the loose ball gets credited instead).
  • Allow all Archetypes to get at least one Hall of Fame level Badge (especially if there's going to be a Trophy/Achievement for it).

2K Pro-Am

• Overhaul the grading logic so that there's more balance between rewarding good play and punishing mistakes, as well as better logic when it comes to evaluating shot selection, defensive breakdowns, lucky rebounds (or being overpowered by a bigger player), transition offense and defense, and so on.
  • Add better matchmaking so that teams of similar skill level and experience in 2K Pro-Am match up against each other more often.
  • Add private matchmaking, so that you can go head to head with a friend's squad if they accept the challenge.
  • Unlock team customisation with image importing after a set number of games. If nothing else, make the qualifications for getting to higher tiers clear, consistent, and readily available.
  • Tune long passes so that easy ones can be thrown and caught more often. It's frustrating to have players refuse to even try to catch easy long passes because a canned turnover has been triggered.
  • Make sure Archetypes are properly balanced, and reduce the amount of cheese. NBA 2K18 took a big step backwards from NBA 2K17, thanks in part to the cheesy (and broken) Archetypes.
  • Improve the AI for CPU teammates. A lot of them will take bad shots and actively be a liability, forcing you to freeze them out.
  • Stop AI teammates from unnecessarily faking inbounds passes, artificially reducing your ability to run a fast-paced offense and quick responses to opponent's buckets.
  • Replace fictional AI teammates with randomly drawn NBA players, to underscore the "Pro" part of "Pro-Am" (and avoid the lousy teammates we're so often stuck with).
  • When we're shooting around in the team arena, let us shoot around from a gameplay angle, as in MyCOURT. Let us actually rebound instead of bringing up the menu (changing the menu button would be good), at least while we're in shootaround mode (as in NBA 2K17).
  • Allow us to view team stats on a normal stats overlay, instead of scrunched up on the smartphone display.
  • Punish cheaters and hackers on PC; clean up the experience.
  • Make 2K Pro-Am as fun and balanced as the NBA 2K League Combine reportedly was.
  • Fix issue where assists don't count on passes that are slightly deflected or bobbled, are intercepted by a different teammate, and sometimes simply don't register on alley-oop attempts.
  • Fix issue where steals are tallied inconsistently when two players are involved (i.e. sometimes the person who poked it loose gets the steal, sometimes the person who picks up the loose ball gets credited instead).

The Playground

• Add matchmaking so that players of similar skill levels and experience in The Playground match up against each other.
  • Add private matchmaking so that you can square off against a friend (as long as you're both squadded up).
  • Add some sort of instant matchmaking to bypass the whole "Got Next" system. I get replicating the whole experience of playing at your local park, but it leads to a lot of standing around waiting, effectively simulating the most tedious part of any activity: waiting in line.
  • Add more two-on-two courts, and bring back a single four-on-four or five-on-five court.
  • As mentioned above, balance the gameplay and in particular, the hybrid Archetypes.
  • Reduce the cost of basic celebrations. As it stands, it's a blatant VC gouge.
  • Punish cheaters and hackers on PC; clean up the experience.

MyLEAGUE

• Continue to improve sim engine and stats generation so that the results are more realistic (at least while the league remains relatively the same as real life).
  • Continue to fine-tune player movement and trading logic so that it's mostly sensible.
  • Tone down coaching changes so that there's more sensible logic behind them. Gregg Popovich shouldn't be leaving San Antonio, teams that are winning shouldn't be quick to dump coaches, and so on.

MyGM

• Allow users to play the mode without a story, or remove the story-driven approach altogether.
  • Continue to improve sim engine and stats generation so that the results are more realistic (at least while the league remains relatively the same as real life).
  • Continue to fine-tune player movement and trading logic so that it's mostly sensible.
  • Tone down coaching changes so that there's more sensible logic behind them. Gregg Popovich shouldn't be leaving San Antonio, teams that are winning shouldn't be quick to dump coaches, and so on.
  • Allow the use of custom rosters in MyGM.

MyTEAM

• Improve pack odds and content. One player per pack often results in poor value for the cost. Reduce the cost, or offer better value.
  • Throwback packs should only have throwback content, not a "small chance" of getting a historical player. Even if it isn't necessarily an old school star, it should be a retro player.
  • Don't lock the Auction House and other basic functionality behind the Goals list. By all means utilise the Goals list to promote features and reward players for checking everything out, but don't make them mandatory to use basic functions.
  • Implement better matchmaking, according to skill and experience.

Roster Management & Customisation

• Expand Edit and Create Player to include access to full bio data and attributes, including Draft information and any currently hidden tendencies that will affect gameplay.
  • Expand the total number of Created Player slots from 150; as many as possible.
  • Bring back Create-a-Team, with the ability to export and share team files to be imported into any roster.
  • Add the ability to edit the All-Star teams.
  • Add the ability to use the rebranding features (complete with image importing) outside of MyLEAGUE, MyGM, and MyTEAM, so that teams can be modified as part of a custom roster.

Other Modes, Features, & Content

• Add a standalone All-Star Weekend mode, so that we can play the Slam Dunk Contest and Three-Point Shootout anytime.
  • Bring back a Creating a Legend-type career mode, for a more streamlined career experience.
  • Try to work out deals with Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller.
  • Improve facescan app so that it doesn't result in many errors and failed attempts to scan. Results also still leave something to be desired.
  • Make all hairstyles and facial hair styles immediately available when creating your MyPLAYER, especially if you're going to charge to change them at the Barber Shop later on.
  • Allow pre-order content to be shared between different MyCAREER saves.
  • Overhaul ratings for historical teams.
  • Add more historical teams; preferably more interesting and significant ones.

Presentation & UI

• Secure authentic broadcasting license (perhaps NBA TV, given the mix of voice talent already in the game) for even more realistic presentation.
  • Allow camera cuts when the ball is being chased down on a dead ball situation, instead of having to wait for it to be retrieved. In other words, allow us to skip straight to the inbound with a button press.
  • Allow us to quickly skip through halftime shows and stats screens during dead balls, or add an option to disable them altogether if you want a more streamlined experience.
  • Remove the mini-parachutes that are very distracting when playing on broadcast camera angles.
  • Allow us to dismiss the "Update Required" dialogue box, at least until the current game is finished. It's distracting, intrusive, and ruins the presentation.
  • Change the button for the menu in MyCAREER so that it isn't the same as rebound (thus taking that control away when shooting around in the Pro-Am arena and whatnot).
  • Add options for retro filters and presentation, as in NBA's Greatest in NBA 2K12.
  • Increase the number of save slots to share between MyLEAGUE, MyGM, and MyCAREER.

Miscellaneous

• Be far less aggressive in the way microtransactions are handled. We all realise they're not going anywhere, but in NBA 2K18, it felt like we were being treated like an ATM. We want to see a lot more goodwill.
  • Make the PC version more modder-friendly, with roster and art files that can easily be opened with readily available software (or better yet, some official tools).
  • Allow our MyPLAYER to be unlocked for use in MyTEAM.
  • If we're part of a 2K Pro-Am squad, allow our teammates to be unlocked for use in MyTEAM.
  • Improve loading times, especially in The Neighborhood.
  • Don't have Trophies/Achievements that can be made unknowingly difficult to attain (e.g. the one for getting a Badge to Hall of Fame level, when some Archetypes don't have Hall of Fame level Badges).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BPDHoplite on Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Great list Andrew. I agree with every single thing you said but I don't know if its just me but jump balls seem broken this year and I am yet to win a single one because the ball is thrown so low.

BPDHoplite
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:29 pm

I'll have to play a few more exhibition and/or MyLEAGUE games to test that out. Being locked to point guard in MyCAREER or 2K Pro-Am, I generally haven't had to worry about a lot of jump balls this year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby dshay7 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:08 am

Many of these have already been mentioned, but here's my wish list:

1. FIX THE CLIP! As mentioned, the clipping has been ridiculous in this year's game. I don't know anything about programming a video game, but it seems to me that if you can program a player to be physically unable to enter the stands, or cross a certain boundary, then you should be able to program that same player to not stick his hand through the face of another player. The game just loses all sense of realism for me every time that happens.

2. Commentary - While the commentary on the whole has been very good this year, and very diverse with different personalities, they need to weed out some of the lesser talented commentators. Steve Smith is just horrible. Just awful. Seems like he's reading from a script. Which, they probably all are. But he SOUNDS like he's reading from a script. Brent Barry is a close second in regards to being hard to listen to. And while it's a fun novelty to have Kobe and KG in there, once is enough. It would be nice to have the option of choosing which commentators you'd like to hear from for any particular game.

3. Scenario Mode - Kind of like the Jordan Challenge from NBA2K12, how about some historical scenarios that we could take part in? Maybe it's a whole game, maybe it's something that's less than a minute. For instance - it's the 98 Finals: You're Michael Jordan and you've got 30 seconds to steal the ball from Karl Malone and hit a game winning shot over Byron Russell. Or, it's the 86 WC Finals. You're the Rockets, and you have 2 seconds to hit a game winning shot over the Lakers with Ralph Sampson. I think a mode like this would be a blast, and you'd never run out of scenarios.

4. MyCareer - This has been my first experience with MyCareer, and while there are lots of frustrating things (VC, Bfresh, etc.), I have to admit that I've enjoyed it for the most part. But there are a LOT of things that can be fixed and improved upon. Little things, like skipping cut scenes, endless wandering and wasting time in the neighborhood. And little things like this...when you are grinding during team practice, I can't tell you how many times a coach or a ball has gotten in my way during a particular drill. I mean..come' on. Be professional.

That's it for now. I may add more things later.
dshay7

Postby Hadley88 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:04 am

I will definitely not buy 2K19. I played every NBA2K Game since 2K9 on PC and since 2K16 it really completely went to shit. In 2K14 I had like 450hrs and it went down Year after Year. Last Year I still got 150hrs out of it and this Year I'm sitting 35hrs and I own it since Day1...

I even went back to FIFA to play somce Sportsgames and I had not played it since FIFA15 before that.

I would not be surprised if they make MyLeague Pay2Win next Year too and hopefully they just fucking don't bother with a PC Version, because they aren't trying anyways.
Hadley88

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:28 am

Can't believe I hadn't made one of these yet:

Gameplay:

Eliminate players skating: Players look like they are running around on ice wearing tennis shoes. It makes the game feel out of control, and you don't feel like you have as much control of your player because he is sliding into animations. We had skating players in 2K9, why bring it back for 2K18? It obviously has to do with the new motion system, but foot planting is a part of real life human movement. You should be able to get what you want out of the motion system while still having the foot planting from 2k15/2k16 and 2k17. You should also be able to implement this without the players feeling heavier, look what you were able to accomplish with NBA 2K14? (This gen)

Improve Defense.... Complete Overhaul: The one on one defense is the worst of any game on this gen, and probably worse than any game on last gen. You can literally just drive by your man, with anyone, on anyone and get to the hoop while hitting at a high percentage. Kawhi Leonard on you? no problem, Steven Adams on a point guard? No problem. No dribbling moves are needed on any drives in this game, the dribbling moves are literally in the game just for show. In fact, you tend to complicate things more by using them, instead of just dribbling by your guy to the hoop for a score. The help defense is abysmal, even with defensive sliders turned up to 100 (Including help defense strength). You can run by your guy in my example above, and almost never get contested at the hoop. Its a free for all, and it completely ruins the competitive nature of the game, it's truly gamebreaking. A happy medium needs to be found between brick wall defense, and hip riding defense. NBA 2K15 had a pretty good combination of both, and the players were not skating. The first year with this motion system seems like a major step backwards, so hopefully it can be corrected for 2K19.

Ball physics: Players shooting and missing so many layups looks horrible, and part of it is because the shots going up do not look natural. The ball floats through the air and ricochets hard off the glass, causing the ball to hit the front of the rim. If a player in real life missed this many shots around the rim, they wouldn't even be in the NBA. The ball physics needs to be tweaked that way they look more natural.

AI Offense: The AI will literally stand wide open and just wait for the designated play to run, they will seldom adjust to the defense being played. It feels very scripted. Or in the case of the game I was playing the other night, they will just pass it around to the top of the key for the whole 24 seconds, and fire up a contested shot with whoever has to shoot it before the shot clock goes off (In this case, it was Kevin Garnett on the 08 Celtics). Its 2018, and this is how the CPU plays? The CPU continuously runs into the middle of the paint, and even if three defenders are surrounding him, he will still go up for the shot. If he decides to kick it out, the capable shooter who catches it will most often not shoot it right away, or not shoot it at all. The way the AI plays doesn't make any sense.... Playing the Bulls, Robin Lopez shot about 8 mid range contested shots in the first quarter. Tendencies and ratings are wrong all over the place, which comes to my next topic....

Roster tendencies/ratings: It shouldn't be up to the user to fix so many players/teams throughout the league, sometimes even having to fix full teams (all players), adjusting tendencies and ratings. The person who does the rosters must be lazy, or rushing, or feel rushed, because copy/paste jobs exist in the roster. The original game was even released all time teams players missing badges. Isaiah Rider have LeBrons signatures copy and pasted onto him, Nick Van Exel having Shawn Marions FT, guards who can't really dunk having extensive dunk packages, shot tendencies of players being way off, players being given such a low block or steal tendency rating that they get between 0-10 steals or blocks for an entire season, etc etc. Something isn't right, and the fact that year after year these issues are in the game are concerning. Matt Bullard literally had Charles Smiths portrait for two years..... how does the person/people doing these rosters allow this to happen? How does it get passed production? Get someone in there that will take the time to work on each player individually and accurately, someone who understands the game and how the ratings and tendencies work. Get someone in there that isn't going to throw some random jump shot shooting animation on Amir Johnson and call it good, when he clearly just shoots a set shot (He Barely jumps, and I mean barely).

Body Blocks/Body Steals: This has been a problem since 2k15, but it has gotten worse every year. Players blocking shots with elbows, or stomachs, or there head. The ball gets dislodged so easily.. players are taught at a very young age to hold onto the ball tight, clearly 2K doesn't understand that because players just drop the ball all the time. Most of the time you can't execute a spin move without a body steal occurring, or you will be dribbling up the floor and the ball will touch the back of a players foot and it will create a turnover, or you will pass the ball into the post and the defender will press his body up against you and the ball will just fall to the floor. As a defender, you can literally just push your body up against the ball handler while he is dribbling (Or not dribbling) and the ball with dislodge.... 2K... you have to do better than that. Again, this issue has been in the game for multiple years now. Make the players hang onto the ball like they would in real life. Seeing so many dunks being blocked is laughable, it looks ridiculous. Point Guards are blocking Centers with ease.

Shots hitting the bottom of the rim: Going up around the basket is a nightmare in 2K18, not only do we have the strange ball physics and missed layups, but we have our offensive players literally just hitting the bottom of the backboard on field goal attempts. The CPU does the same thing, they will shoot shots right off the bottom of the backboard or rim. The player physics/movements need to be adjusted around the rim, because this truly ruins the realism of the game.

Players all blending in together: I literally don't feel a difference using Jerry West and Allen Iverson. The ability to get blocks/steals with most anyone, the ability to do fast dribbling moves/combos with players that shouldn't be able to do them, the ability to drop step and score with most anybody, the way one on one defense doesn't matter because you can get by anyone with anyone, etc..... I feel no authenticity playing this game. I don't feel like I'm using a superstar when I'm using one, I don't feel like I need to execute a gameplan based on who I have out on the floor, etc. The authenticity needs a lot of work.

Outlet Passes: The fact that outlet passes sail over players heads so often is still a big problem, and again it's a problem that has been in the game for years. You could throw an outlet with Anthony Davis, with your offensive players 20 feet away and wide open, and it will go sailing over the players head. Why hasn't this been fixed yet? I understand if the receiver is all the way down court and you are throwing the pass with an average or below average passer, but this happens all the time even with good passers.

Clipping: I don't need to go in depth here, this has been going on for a few years now. Players arms/legs/faces going through eachother, hands going through the ball, players literally running through eachothers bodies. It needs to be cleaned up.

Graphics:

Large heads: Players having oversized heads throughout the roster is unacceptable, especially in 2018. How did this get into production? I don't get it... It is blatantly obvious how unrealistic these players look on the floor. They literally look like NBA Jam characters... The fact that I have read reviews that said this game was the best graphically in the series really bugs me, no mention of the oversized heads in these reviews. Clearly the reviews are bought and paid for, and that's sad.

Dark arenas: No arenas are that dark in real life, not even the Lakers. It's the icing on the cake really, because the crowd is also bland and not moving most of the time. I'm not expecting NBA 2K13 crowd, but something in the middle. Give the game some life... it's the freaking NBA, NBA Action. Take a lesson from Live here, they win in presentation and atmosphere.

Muscle: Give the players some definition, they look like clay. On the court, they look like a bunch of gumby type characters running around. Not only do the players not have traps, it looks like mostly one body type was used for every player in the game.

Presentation:

Balloons: The balloons falling into the crowd are NOT realistic, in any way shape or form. With all the other gameplay issues/graphical issues, you decided to spend time implementing this? Not only is it silly, it obstructs the view of the users who play on broadcast.

Screen shaking when feet stamped: Another extremely unrealistic addition that makes absolutely no sense and is unrealistic. Even if you are sitting in an ARENA (not high school bleachers) there would be no shaking when feet are stamped. Think about how silly this addition is... it blows my mind. Again, someone spent the time to implement this addition instead of using that manpower to work on the gameplay/roster/graphical issues.

Misc:

VC: I know this won't stop, but preying on your consumers is just not right. Preying on children is also preying on parents. How greedy can a company be?

If I think of anything else, I'll add it to this post.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:46 pm

Just a heads up, the NBA 2K19 Wishlist has been submitted to Visual Concepts, and it was submitted in time to have an impact. It remains to be seen which Wishes are fulfilled, but we've done our part in providing constructive feedback.

For the moment, I'll leave this topic open for further discussion and ideas. Once we open up the NBA 2K19 section later this year, the topic will be locked and archived there. Thanks to everyone who took part, and again, feel free to keep the conversation going for now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BPDHoplite on Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:43 am

A really simple idea I thought of was just the weather and time in the neighborhood repliciating the real life weather, and tine of day. This was done in Mario and Sonics at the Olympic Games 2010 so 2K's developers might be able to manage this I hope.

BPDHoplite
Contributor

Postby Uncle Drew on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:35 am

Dee4Three just about covered everything wrong with this game. Great write up bruh, hopefully they'll listen and fix the defense especially.
Uncle Drew

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:35 pm

DaCrispy wrote:A really simple idea I thought of was just the weather and time in the neighborhood repliciating the real life weather, and tine of day. This was done in Mario and Sonics at the Olympic Games 2010 so 2K's developers might be able to manage this I hope.

I remember a couple of people including Agent 00 speculating on that. I mean, it'd be a nice touch and all, but that doesn't get to the root of the problems many of us have with The Neighborhood.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:12 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:Dee4Three just about covered everything wrong with this game. Great write up bruh, hopefully they'll listen and fix the defense especially.

Thanks, hopefully they take notice....
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby BPDHoplite on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:43 pm

Andrew wrote:
DaCrispy wrote:A really simple idea I thought of was just the weather and time in the neighborhood repliciating the real life weather, and tine of day. This was done in Mario and Sonics at the Olympic Games 2010 so 2K's developers might be able to manage this I hope.

I remember a couple of people including Agent 00 speculating on that. I mean, it'd be a nice touch and all, but that doesn't get to the root of the problems many of us have with The Neighborhood.

With the exception of the MyPark and the beginning to MyCareer I personally have no problem with the concept of the neighborhood. I much prefer it to just being stuck in a warehouse although I really liked it in 2K16 but I didn't enjoy it in 2K17. I just don't agree with the VC costs within the neighborhood and I think you should spawn in at your MyCourt instead if that statue so I think the ideas a good start and hopefully will be improved next year.

BPDHoplite
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:45 pm

Fair enough. A lot of people, myself included, find it very tedious to have to run around to get to The Playground or 2K Pro-Am, go to the gym to get the extra sprint boost, run back and forth to the practice facility (if you want to get the extra drill from the Fresh Squeezed stand, it adds an extra couple of minutes with the cutscene and loading), go up the elevator to MyCOURT to change clothes and accessories, load into the MyPLAYER lab, and so forth. Just so much tedious running around and loading. I'd prefer to have menus than a paltry attempt at an open world. I liked NBA 2K17; NBA 2K18 is off-putting. That goes for a lot of things, but The Neighborhood is definitely among them.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Next

Return to NBA 2K19