Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K19

Talk about NBA 2K19 here.

Re: Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K19

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:17 am

DaCrispy wrote:
Andrew wrote:
DaCrispy wrote:A really simple idea I thought of was just the weather and time in the neighborhood repliciating the real life weather, and tine of day. This was done in Mario and Sonics at the Olympic Games 2010 so 2K's developers might be able to manage this I hope.

I remember a couple of people including Agent 00 speculating on that. I mean, it'd be a nice touch and all, but that doesn't get to the root of the problems many of us have with The Neighborhood.

With the exception of the MyPark and the beginning to MyCareer I personally have no problem with the concept of the neighborhood. I much prefer it to just being stuck in a warehouse although I really liked it in 2K16 but I didn't enjoy it in 2K17. I just don't agree with the VC costs within the neighborhood and I think you should spawn in at your MyCourt instead if that statue so I think the ideas a good start and hopefully will be improved next year.

I would much rather have the gameplay get the focus, no offense. Yes, it's a popular mode... but the on court fixes are the most important. If the basketball aspect of the game is weak, or unrealistic, or has lots of bugs, that's the biggest problem. After all, it's a basketball video game.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:43 am

That too. But in terms of The Neighborhood being a hub for MyCAREER, 2K Pro-Am, and The Playground, it's tedious with a lot of flaws.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby LionelCHE on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:56 am

Technical foul,ejection and in game fight :D
LionelCHE

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:18 am

Never going to happen. The NBA won't allow it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BPDHoplite on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:21 pm

LionelCHE wrote:Technical foul,ejection and in game fight :D

May I also add going into the stands with your teammates to hush abusive away fans. :cheeky:
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:33 am

Why not just have an NBA Greatest Moments mode again, and include the Pacers vs Pistons brawl....

You know you would play it.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:47 am

"Press X to throw towel".
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:15 am

Andrew wrote:"Press X to throw towel".

"Press right back trigger to throw punch at fan".

They could even go further back so they could include "Press Y to grab Mournings ankles" or "Press LT to choke Julius Erving".

I'm all for it.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:32 am

Will you get fined VC, though? That could be rough.

Getting back to some serious suggestions though, I had a thought for MyTEAM. Instead of just assigning one home and away jersey from your collection (or creating them upon unlocking the ability to do so), it'd be great to have multiple jerseys assigned, and be able to select them before the game as in other modes.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:44 am

Andrew wrote:Will you get fined VC, though? That could be rough.

Getting back to some serious suggestions though, I had a thought for MyTEAM. Instead of just assigning one home and away jersey from your collection (or creating them upon unlocking the ability to do so), it'd be great to have multiple jerseys assigned, and be able to select them before the game as in other modes.

I agree. Like a "Jersey pack" for selection before games.

That and allowing a friend to play games with you... even if it's just locally. I know I mentioned this before....

I still think they should bring "Screenshots" back for the end of the games (Any mode), remember the viewer we had for 2K10/11 and 12? I feel like they got rid of some of the great presentation aspects of the past games.

I mean, I don't want any of this stuff looked at if they can't get the gameplay fixed.....

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby BPDHoplite on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:59 am

Speaking of old features bring back the expanded blacktop mod like they had in NBA 2K11. Even just the stuff you can do at your MyCourt such as Horse etc.

I know it can be nodded on PC but a new scoreboard design would be cool because I'm sick of the current one.

BPDHoplite
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:09 am

DaCrispy wrote:Speaking of old features bring back the expanded blacktop mod like they had in NBA 2K11. Even just the stuff you can do at your MyCourt such as Horse etc.

I know it can be nodded on PC but a new scoreboard design would be cool because I'm sick of the current one.

Blows my mind that they still don't have TNT as part of the presentation. With 2K's popularity/sales etc, with the fact that they have EJ, Kenny, Shaq, Aldridge and Burke, I don't get it. Is it because they want to keep 2K as the overall makeup of the presentation? As in, they don't want to take away from the "2K" part of the presentation?

Shocked that this merge hasn't happened, as we should already have the TNT scoreboard in the default game. I would think that TNT would want to be on board with 2K, as it's good for marketability, it would be good for both parties (I would think)

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:44 am

It would be an added expense I suppose, even with all the money they're making. Also, they do have some ESPN personalities in the game, which they can get away with as long as they have NBA on 2K branding, but they'd have to drop them if they had NBA on TNT integration.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:18 am

Andrew wrote:It would be an added expense I suppose, even with all the money they're making. Also, they do have some ESPN personalities in the game, which they can get away with as long as they have NBA on 2K branding, but they'd have to drop them if they had NBA on TNT integration.

Good point.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dmayne on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:53 am

i do appreciate that we have a descent nba 2k game to play every year, thank you 2k, just please can you try harder? you seem to be getting lazy, and greedy from my point of view... could i be wrong? maybe? the point is... i have noticed, and i'm not the only one...
now, i want to keep this 2k19 wishlist simple as possible, just in case i'm pissing into the wind here...

some criticisms:
-now... currently i have lost all motivation to play 2k18. when all strategy can be ignored and all i need to do to win a game is just drive the lane past the defender and dunk, the "fun factor" is gone.
tendency/slider tweaks changes nothing, we're stuck with 2k18 being this way... please don't let this happen with your future installments.

-i don't buy vc and NEVER will, so just keep that in mind. don't ruin nba 2k by making it cost VC to launch the game. it's just not fair to your loyal customers, just don't get too greedy and try to force vc through all aspects of the game.

-whenever you release new "shoe" updates for example why do i have to RESTART A ROSTER to use them in playnow? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? so, next year... should i wait till you release the last update to "get" the game?

-question 2k... do you use portraits in the game because half of your player cyberfaces have been half-assed/not touched since 2k10? please UPDATE THEM!!! take some time, or pay some skilled cf pc modders to do the work for you. why is this ignored year after year?

-can we get a full tnt presentation? keep it simple and slick, get rid of most everything 2k, and not a fan of the terrible looking shaq, ej, kenny cyberfaces. do something similar to nba live 18's halftime/postgame, just voice and highlights?

-graphics are starting to look tired and stale, please put some effort into your crowd textures/stadium lighting, bring some life/realism into the game.

MY CAREER:
i have lost all interest in my career mode over the last couple years. here is what you can do to correct that...
-let us edit the roster i want to play with before i start my career.
-let us choose what team drafts me, or just let me free agent sign to any team right off the street.
-let us control/give final say on trades/signings for all teams.
-remove/stop giving us a sidekick, let us be terrible the 1st year.
-instead of giving us a terribly written myplayer story filled with product placements, sjw propaganda, and racist trump mentions...(i know it's coming)..
just give us stories based on our players stats/achievements. also give us detailed stats from games/teams/players throughout the league during and after games.

RETRO:
would you please take SOME time this year and UPDATE the retro teams? this has been ignored for far too long...
-retro video filters for games?
-PLEASE add correct late 80's and mid 90's style compression shorts? these need to be accurate to the era.
-unlock jersey numbers/career stats, give us the freedom to edit these please.
-ALLOW us to edit/reroll the player faces/skin colors of the number 90+ players. (so we can make fake barkleys and reggies)
-update ALL retro team accessory/jersey/floor COLORS please? going on 10 years untouched? (aren't you tired of playing with pink retro bulls gear?)
-update the players accessories.
-update retro players cyberfaces!!!! the majority are very outdated, huge heads, wrong skin colors, etc...
-include retro coach cyberfaces for us to add later on?
-IS IT time to update retro player tendencies? how many more years you going to put this off for?
-update retro players SHOES/colorways please... (save me roster editing time next year)
-add more retro player signature moves.
teams to add:
92-93 suns (even without barkley)
mid 90's pacers team (even without reggie)
grant hill pistons team
tmac magic team
96-97 magic
99-00 suns
jordan wizards team
retro all-star teams?
retro usa teams?

SHOES:
-please add a team color 1/2/3 "texture" in the shoe editor. (so i can create one pair of home/away shoes that will work for EVERY TEAM)
-remove player shoe restrictions
NIKE:
pippen 1
pippen 2
payton zoom hawk flight
payton zoom flight 98
air up penny
penny 1
penny 4
zoom flight 96
air force max
air force 180
air force 180 high pumps
air force 5 high
air total max uptempo
air max cb34
air unlimited
air bakin'
air 2 strong
air alonzo
air garnett 3
air command force
air max sensation
air go LWP
air way up
REEBOK:
iverson answer 3
kemp Kamikaze 1
pump vertical
optix
icepick
avant guard
preacher
dunkmob
ADIDAS:
kb8 2
mutombo
t-mac 6
t-mac ts lightspeed
CONVERSE:
aero jam/reacts
rodman any
sprewell voltage
FILA:
grant hill 1
grant hill 2
grant hill 97

by at least the end of november i just want to sit down and play a great basketball game with challenging and accurate gameplay/presentation/players/teams/tendencies/gear/rosters.
can you make that possible? thanks for reading.
Last edited by Dmayne on Mon May 28, 2018 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dmayne

Postby tylerxuwade on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:18 am

First, really hope the overall open/contested/dribble shooting ability can be modified in sliders, not only the rough 2p/3p shooting percentages. It seems th open shoot is too accurate for almost every player in high difficulty.

Second, please improve the hand off plays in the game. Right now the hand off plays are almost broken, partially due to the difficulty for making hand off pass in the plays and the system for judging the shooting space.

Third, please improve the steal ability and percentage for the double team situation in the paint. Make players and the CPU to commit more turnovers in the paint.

4th, the camera should really focus on the controlled player not the ball in certain camera views. For example if you are playing in the broadcast view with your friend locally, the camera should focus on the players you two controlling.

5th, for the online coop play with friends could it be the same as playing locally? Right now the staminum of the players is not reducing in the online coop game. And we cannot change the settings as we can do in the local game.

6th, is it possible to export the teams from our myleague mode and use them in the local game and coop mode?

7th, please improve the game simulation in My league. It is too frustrating to see some teams with overwhelming ratings keep losing to the ones with the worst ratings. Like Portland can sweep warriors in playoff or Boston cannot go into playoffs but the Nets do. Or a team that got championship in the previous season cannot even go into the playoff with the same rotation??? Doesn't make sense. The result is too arbitrary in some cases.

8th, hook is broken in high difficulties , especially for the skyhook. Why not add the hook shooting success in the sliders?

9th, the bodies and faces of the classic players need to be improved.

10th, muscle definition for the players.

11th, could we have more achievements in My league? Or can there be more responds when something amazing happens in My league? More interesting things for the draft? Maybe something like the draft game show as the pregame show.

Hope any of the ideas can be useful. Thank you very much.
tylerxuwade

Postby MattLawrence1998 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:33 am

These are the ideas I Thought:
-More interactive camera mens/media when players go timeout, halftimes, and end game interviews.
*in 2k18 we have cutscenes to let us see what the players do in timeouts, halftimes, and end game interviews
but we never saw a camera man standing in-front of the scene. Also with DA's interviews... like wtf where's the camera who suppose to be covering the scene?
it's ;ike they're invisible

-More players are able to step on the court
*In 2k18 we are limited to 12 players to be able to play on the court, but in reality all 21 players are able to play on the court in season and 15 players for the
playoffs this adds the scenario of Quinn Cook in GSW, in reality they all play and all have minutes even though it is short time or long time depending on the coach. I hope we are able to see that in 2k19. I always saw that there are 2 extra seats in-game but never used.

-All Coaching staffs and injured players can sit on the team's bench
*In 2k18 a problem I saw are mainly the GS and other teams who have assistant coach and staffs, like for example, Steve Kerr and Mike Brown is the coaches but
suddenly Ron Adams is the assistant coach. So I think it's better to add all the staffs on the bench for more realistic visual gameplay. I also want to address the
injured player who are able to watch the game like Steph, Kyrie, Hayward etc. because I always saw on the tv that even thay have injuries they are able to watch
the game and support their team mates. This also can add the energy for the team.

-More realistic crowd reactions and more random.
-in 2k18 I always saw that 1/4 of the crowd are all have the same animations and they're like one seat apart so it's noticeable by my visually notorious eyes as a
designer. I also want to address the situations like the crossovers, ankle breakers, dunks, blocks, etc. yes we hear it but what the hell they're like ooohhh but not
physically hyped. It also adds the hype of the gamer.

-more realistic floor mappers, ball boys, and shirt taker( I don't know what are the real name/title of the job)

-in 2k18 these said jobs are useless because they never moved on the court when players go down and hustle the ball down, like man! you have to clean the floor!

-Technical fouls, court ejections, flagrants, unsportsmanlike, etc
-I really want to see this in 2k19 because this adds the hype for the gamers and user.

-More realistic jump balls, players hustle down the ball, players playing american football to get the ball, players jumping on each other to get the ball etc.
-This idea adds more realistic feel to the game and turns the hype to the ceiling, players are locked down, they're ready to grapple everyone to win game.

-Hook shots vs Post fade away for centers and PF's
-I hate it when on 2k18 centers are trying to be like MJ but in reality they're really more using hook shots than post fade away's

-players talking to each other, players talking to coach and refs while free throw or in game
-I like to see this in 2k19 because when the players react to refs call they tend to ignore each other when the animation is gone. I want to see them still talking to ref
while the other team's taking free throw, and suddenly when talking is over the ref will tech him. I also want to see trash talks to heat the game up, players get
revenge for the trash talk and suddenly turns to scuffle.

-More interactive and always updating Game history, Stats, like " for the first time in history since then", and breaking records in game stat pop ups.
-I hate that I never saw an updated history or stats in My league and other game modes, like if steph beaten the 3 pointer record for the first time and suddenly a
pop up says "steph curry to break the most 3pt fg in history 12/13" "kemba 33 points to go to be the franchise leader" "lebron 3 pts to go to beat MJ's all time scoring"
like that pop ups to help the user to get more knowledge to the game of basketball.

So far that was all my ideas for 2k19.
feel free to comment your suggestions, insights etc.
I hope the developers see this.
MattLawrence1998

Postby Dee4Three on Tue May 01, 2018 4:08 am

MattLawrence1998 wrote:These are the ideas I Thought:
-More interactive camera mens/media when players go timeout, halftimes, and end game interviews.
*in 2k18 we have cutscenes to let us see what the players do in timeouts, halftimes, and end game interviews
but we never saw a camera man standing in-front of the scene. Also with DA's interviews... like wtf where's the camera who suppose to be covering the scene?

*In 2k18 we are limited to 12 players to be able to play on the court, but in reality all 21 players are able to play on the court in season and 15 players for the
playoffs this adds the scenario of Quinn Cook in GSW, in reality they all play and all have minutes even though it is short time or long time depending on the coach. I hope we are able to see that in 2k19. I always saw that there are 2 extra seats in-game but never used.

*In 2k18 a problem I saw are mainly the GS and other teams who have assistant coach and staffs, like for example, Steve Kerr and Mike Brown is the coaches but
suddenly Ron Adams is the assistant coach. So I think it's better to add all the staffs on the bench for more realistic visual gameplay. I also want to address the
injured player who are able to watch the game like Steph, Kyrie, Hayward etc. because I always saw on the tv that even thay have injuries they are able to watch
the game and support their team mates. This also can add the energy for the team.

-in 2k18 I always saw that 1/4 of the crowd are all have the same animations and they're like one seat apart so it's noticeable by my visually notorious eyes as a
designer. I also want to address the situations like the crossovers, ankle breakers, dunks, blocks, etc. yes we hear it but what the hell they're like ooohhh but not

-more realistic floor mappers, ball boys, and shirt taker( I don't know what are the real name/title of the job)

-in 2k18 these said jobs are useless because they never moved on the court when players go down and hustle the ball down, like man! you have to clean the floor!

-I really want to see this in 2k19 because this adds the hype for the gamers and user.

-More realistic jump balls, players hustle down the ball, players playing american football to get the ball, players jumping on each other to get the ball etc.
-This idea adds more realistic feel to the game and turns the hype to the ceiling, players are locked down, they're ready to grapple everyone to win game.

-I hate it when on 2k18 centers are trying to be like MJ but in reality they're really more using hook shots than post fade away's

-players talking to each other, players talking to coach and refs while free throw or in game
-I like to see this in 2k19 because when the players react to refs call they tend to ignore each other when the animation is gone. I want to see them still talking to ref
while the other team's taking free throw, and suddenly when talking is over the ref will tech him. I also want to see trash talks to heat the game up, players get

-More interactive and always updating Game history, Stats, like " for the first time in history since then", and breaking records in game stat pop ups.
-I hate that I never saw an updated history or stats in My league and other game modes, like if steph beaten the 3 pointer record for the first time and suddenly a
pop up says "steph curry to break the most 3pt fg in history 12/13" "kemba 33 points to go to be the franchise leader" "lebron 3 pts to go to beat MJ's all time scoring"
like that pop ups to help the user to get more knowledge to the game of basketball.

Matt,

Nothing gameplay wise? These are all additional features you would like the game to possibly add, the on court action item you list have nothing to do with the actual basketball portion of the game. The only think you mentioned was post hook/fadeaway, which is actually incorrect because you can control which one you do at any given time. Also, there are big man fadeaway and hook animations in the game.

Did you have anything in regards to the actual basketball aspect of the game that you may want to add to the wishlist? Something specifically about the gameplay that you wish they would fix for tweak for the next release?

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue May 01, 2018 6:37 am

Nice stuff Matt. The presentation suggestions are amazing.
I Hate Mondays

Postby voidjointx on Fri May 04, 2018 4:02 pm

MattLawrence1998 wrote:These are the ideas I Thought:

Would looooooooooooove to see those in a game
Donations Are Appreciated

https://www.patreon.com/voidjoint
voidjointx

Postby Old friend on Sat May 05, 2018 1:08 pm

To export and import teams, period.

In NBA 2K12 we have this option and it was easy to bring teams from other mods inside our roster with a single step.
Better then ever! :D
Old friend

Postby jorga on Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:54 am

One feature that would be cool is bust potential and star potential so it divides potential into 2.So some players have a higher probability to fail or succeed.
jorga

Postby BPDHoplite on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:38 am

If 2K want to up the controversy this year they can go for the premiere "hood" experience by allowing you to pull out a gun on your opponent when you lose a game at MyPark.

BPDHoplite
Contributor

Postby blackthorne2001 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:17 pm

for 2K please fix the cutscene height in my career, i created a 7'3 center but when in the cutscene my player is shorter than shammy wells and this is a problem since 2k16 and you didn't even fix this lol.
blackthorne2001

Postby stache9835 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:20 pm

MyLeague
    • 2-way players/low overall players/limited minutes players should not get mad when sent down into the G-League. They always express disinterest and have low morale because they were sent down even though they'll get limited to no minutes at all on the regular roster. Also they need to fix the development of G-League players, they get boosted up way too high and way too fast.
    • Expand the G-League so its actually playable and you can control your G-League affiliate. Basically what bring back what they had in 2k11 where you could control your affiliate and manage it like you are managing your main NBA team (also playable games).

• Bring back preseason games but make it optional if you want preseason games or not. Also allow rosters to be expanded up to 20 during preseason since IRL teams use preseason for last minute cuts/decision making.

• Add Utah Summer League and remove the Orlando Summer League (since the Magic are no longer hosting it).

• Allow teams to decide which jerseys they want to retire/unretire.

• Expanded draft combines/let us actually test out prospects in game/do workouts with them in game.

• Sign-and-trades free agents if eligible, buyouts, amnesty clause if eligible.

• Allow the ability to let us create staff members like how we can already create players

• Better free agent preferences such as players willing to take paycuts to ring chase, location preferences, player roles in a rotation (starter, 6th man, etc.)

• Allow us to override the award winners since 2k has a bad algorithm for deciding who wins awards

• Smarter CPU rotations, have CPUs automatically sub in their reserves if its a blowout/outcome is already decided; better substitution patterns (no more 5 man substitution; not realistic)

• Ability to hire more assistant coaches instead of having just one head assistant

Minor Miscellaneous Details
    • Have reserves currently in the rotation (14th/15th man that are inactive) appear on the bench but in suits

• Players that are subbed out should have maybe some warmup accessory on like the warmup shirt/jacket instead of being in their uniform still

stache9835

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19